Sponsored

Why are y'all not doing the Bronco Wave?

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Passed the only other Bronco around today, waved. Unfortunately, the little Asian lady driving with her seat scooted all the way up into the dash board continued staring straight ahead, totally unaware of my presence.

I’m all for the wave, sadly, thus far the only other Bronco driver around here is clearly someone less than what I’d call an enthusiast.
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not waving at anyone anymore. I did the jeep wave for so long it became contrived, certainly once it became a “thing” in jeep land.
The fact people are talking about the need to do it, confirms your assertion that it's contrived.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a WRX and thy all waved at one another. There were fewer of those vehicles than Jeeps. There are so many Jeeps on the road, especially in NC, I would be waving all the time. I will probably wave when I see another Bronco, I just haven't see one while driving.

Waving, and saying "hi" is not an onerous activity...I think I can muster the strength while driving.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y'all who are saying " I am not waving at people" are obvs not from the South. Out in the country, we wave at lots of people.

Sooooo we're all in agreement then.....no wave. Great! Let's not bring this up again.

A guy in a bronco sport waves at me very enthusiastically every time I see him. I know it's the same one because he's always got his recovery gear, traction boards, and farm jack strapped to his roof. I don't wave back. I haven't waved at the other broncos I've seen either. I'm not a people person.
Why are you so anti-social?
Ford Bronco Why are y'all not doing the Bronco Wave? 1637233889293

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Jeep Wave had a place back when they were an uncommon sight on the roads. Pre-2007 when the 2doors were the only Wranglers.

Now? They are fucking everywhere. I can't leave my house for 10 minutes and not see a dozen Sahara body colored hardtops driving by.

The niche that the wrangler was has been decimated by the 4door, and once the Bronco production is in full swing and they are easy to buy there will be no Bronco niche.

You want me to wave? Need some evidence we have the same interest in the vehicle beyond just owning a Bronco. I'll wave at 2 door BDs, BLs, and sasquatches of any trim. I'll wave at any Bronco I have strong reason to believe is manual transmission. I'll consider waving at people who open their tops up, But I'll definitely wave if you have your top off or doors off.

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y'all who are saying " I am not waving at people" are obvs not from the South. Out in the country, we wave at lots of people.
This is so true. Away from the city everyone seems to wave to everyone. And in the city you can forget about riding an elevator with someone and not talking to them.

CMU_Chip

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't yet seen another bronco while driving. I was thinking the Bronco wave should be sign language for the letter "B".
I think someone else used this one in Germany a while back.

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
Listen - I know its a "Jeep Thing" but its also a general enthusiast vehicle thing.
There is a corvette wave, so why not a Bronco wave?

Living in Metro Detroit I am beginning to see a good number of Bronco's out there and only 1 driver waved to me (thanks lady!).
We've all been waiting 10+ years plus for this thing, why not enjoy it?
the main reason i am buying a bronco and not a jeep is that stupid wave, if i drove a chitty pinto and some other idiot did the same , am i obligated to waver? my wife has a wrangler and i swear to the sweet baby jesus that she is going to have carpal tunnel in her shoulder(not sure if that is a thing, )
Listen - I know its a "Jeep Thing" but its also a general enthusiast vehicle thing.
There is a corvette wave, so why not a Bronco wave?

Living in Metro Detroit I am beginning to see a good number of Bronco's out there and only 1 driver waved to me (thanks lady!).
We've all been waiting 10+ years plus for this thing, why not enjoy it?
the main reason i am buying a bronco and not a jeep is that stupid wave, if i drove a chitty pinto and some other idiot did the same , am i obligated to wave? my wife has a wrangler and i swear to the sweet baby jesus that she is going to have carpal tunnel in her shoulder(not sure if that is a thing, )from waving at a bunch of strangers

Sponsored

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Why are you so anti-social?
In Philly, most times people don't wave, but give the finger... its all about Brotherly Love

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This!! I’m from the South and reading these comments thinking some of y’all are just plain rude and some just need a hug 😂😂

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs