Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well this is interesting. If i spec out a 2-door rather than 4-door and add the 2.7 with all of my other options and packages the same, it's actually $1,300 cheaper. While my current build is definitely within budget, this might have me thinking for a bit...at least until May. I am MY22 anyway, so I might as well think about this for a bit longer...
Sponsored

67comet

Base
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apileofcode.com
Vehicle(s)
"05 Crown Vic LX, "73 F250, "67 Mercury Comet 202
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a kid, we always had 2 door vehicles {I'm old too}. When it comes to a vehicle like the Bronco, chances are, we'll be in it alone, or with one other person when we drive it.

When you've got a family, you're basicly grounded for 18+ years. I didn't have many fun vehicles during my married with children years. A 2011 Dodge Durango Hemi was probably the funnest, but mostly we had boring, front wheel drive station wagons or vehicles of practicality (hatch backs, sedans, and trucks included).

Now that I'm flying solo again {you're NEVER really finished being a parent }, I want my fun vehicle again. Normally that means "manual transmission, biggest motor they make, 2 doors, and the least amount of extras I can find". Unfortunately, as time moves on, people become pansys, get soft, lazy, and don't appreciate the visceral experience of combining with your vehicle to enjoy the "feel" of what it is doing for you.

I spent my life climbing into the back seat of my parent's 2 door vehicles, I learned how to do it efficiently, and when my sister came along, it was my job to get her buckled into her seat when she was a baby. To this day, the sound of that seat flopping forward so I could climb in, is a precious memory.

When I got old enough to ride up front, the pull of that big 70s car door as I strained to drag it shut was a right of passage. When I was old enough to learn how to drive, it was the interpersonal feeling of that clutch pedal under my left foot thet opened my eyes to just how connected you can be with a piece of machinery.

So, yes, I'm a huge fan of the 2 door manual transmission base model Bronco. I look at the 4 door, automatic, Bronco like I look at the Bronco Sport. There's plenty of family vehicles out there, don't ruin the best thing Ford has put out in decades by making it an automatic 4 door family vehicle like all the others.

P.S. FORD! Let us order our vehicles how we want them, stop pushing "Packages" on us.. I want the Godzilla motor {7.3L pushrod gasoline V8 for those not in the know}, 6 speed manual (+R & C) and the option to select the differential gears I want! Whoop! Send it boys! 🤓

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Checking the specs on 2 door vs the 4 on the Bronco, they seem fairly close. What are you choosing and why? Which do you think will hold value better? Thanks!!
We have a lazy Golden Retriever. Getting her into the two-door would be like stuffing a 70-lb. sack full of reluctant Jell-O back there.

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two doors of course. A true Bronco only has two doors. The moar door is a sub model and should be called a bus.
Also because no one in the history of ever really wanted a four door Corvette, Mustang, Roadrunner, Cuda, Camaro, or Porsche,... well ok but those that purchased the Cayenne really regret it and they look silly, now they cant sell it.

Two Door classic vehicles brought the spirit of the machine out. Adding doors bastardized the whole idea.
I'm not against the them , they just need a different name. Keep it real man, keep it real. ;)

Look at history There IS A FOUR DOOR '57 Chevy. Check the values there. NO ONE WANTS A FOUR DOOR '57 CHEVY!! Amiright!!!

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you need more room the four-door for sure. Value-wise I really think both models will do well holding their value.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that I'm flying solo again {you're NEVER really finished being a parent }, I want my fun vehicle again. Normally that means "manual transmission, biggest motor they make, 2 doors, and the least amount of extras I can find".

When I got old enough to ride up front, the pull of that big 70s car door as I strained to drag it shut was a right of passage.
Even when we had kids in the house, I drove a Mustang. Wife had an Expy. No reason to take everyone in MY car other than an emergency.

I ordered the lowest optioned Bronco with the largest engine Ford would mate to a stick shift. I'd pay good money if they offered the Coyote 5.0 instead, and would love a "technology delete" option.

My second car was a 71 Olds Cutlass Supreme. 2-door. I think the doors on that might have weighed as much as some new econo-boxes.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drove a 2-door and I drove a 4-door.

The 4-door interior is really cramped in the front cockpit due to the short doors and location of the B-pillar. I couldn't even comfortably hang my arm out the window.

I ordered the 2-door. Honestly my Ideal Bronco would be a 2 door built on the 4-door frame, and make the front doors a couple inches longer.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I chose the 4 door because I already own a 2 door (1970). To gain entry to the back of the 1970 you can only go in on the passenger side. In the 2021, you still have to move the seat (either side) to access the rear seats. The four door does not require that and makes it easier to get in and out. 'Let the flaming begin'.

Sponsored

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two doors of course. A true Bronco only has two doors. The moar door is a sub model and should be called a bus.
but a bus only has two doors lol

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok maybe we don't need a Bronco with more doors than a bus!!!

InTheShift

Base
First Name
Shift
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd go two doors if it were just me (and maybe the dog.) It seems more...romantic? Authentic? Bronco? IDK, but I think you get what I mean.

Life, however, means the kids will be around for a few more years, I still have to lug a ton of crap everywhere, and we need the extra space. So, it's four doors for now, and that's not so bad!

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I chose the 4 door to do family adventures, but the way this wait is going, I might only need a 2 door since my kids might be in college by the time I do get the Bronco :)
Sponsored