Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Purely speculation and my own thoughts, but I feel like if we’re speaking long-term (say 2050); then the 2dr manuals will sell for a premium as there will be less of a supply. This type of trend falls in line with what we see today with more classic/vintage vehicles on the market.

This is of course assuming that these 2.3s have that type of longevity.
Excellent point!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 kids, one dog, and usually more camping gear than necessary, so I'll go 4 door for sure. Like the 2 door as well, but there's simply not enough room in it and I don't care for roof racks if I can avoid them. But even w/o kids I'd probably go for the 4 door, since I plan on solo trips to the wile and I want to be able to sleep inside, skip the tent.

Plus I won't ever take it on extreme trails where the shorter wheelbase will make any difference.

edit to add: don't care about resell value, I own my current Tacoma for 17 years, I plan to keep the Bronco for a long time. And I'm sure it'll keep a good value, judging by the Wrangler.
I might be wrong but the specs don't seem to show much difference in the room. 2 door seats 4 and 4 door seats 5

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4 door, no kids, but dogs, + the 4 door will be a much better tow vehicle than the 2 door. Not a hard core off roader, I'll go with the 32" tires, have no interest in the 2 door.

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door, no kids, but dogs, + the 4 door will be a much better tow vehicle than the 2 door. Not a hard core off roader, I'll go with the 32" tires, have no interest in the 2 door.
So, if you planned on a lot of off roading.......would you go for or suggest the 2 door? I love off roading and camping.

Sponsored

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, if you planned on a lot of off roading.......would you go for or suggest the 2 door? I love off roading and camping.
I think some might depend on the type of off-roading. All of my serious off-roading was in Arizona, so rock crawling. Out there, short wheelbases worked well because of the better break-over angle, less belly rubbing on the rocks.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah i do wonder how well that paint is going to hold up.
Good question. A company called GOAT armor makes some cool snap on panels for offroading that would be great for the Bronco. It's magnetic though so there goes that idea. :mad:

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I reserved a 2-door FE and will be outfiting it with the factory 2” lift with 37s, winch, tube doors and a soft top once Bestop comes out with one ?. Looking to build the perfect convertible off-roader for paradise ?????
Ford Bronco Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value? 8A2A6590-4158-423C-B589-96C7BB1F6347

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did Ford envision the return of the Bronco as a practical family hauler?

I think not. In 4 dr guise it can do that duty with sufficient style if properly equipped but it comes alive as the well proportioned 2 dr. The 2 dr still has enough room for four if needed and sufficient room to be practical. It doesn’t compromise. The 4 dr for all it’s ability is still a compromise for those who must have two extra doors.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been split for a couple weeks now. I was dead set on the 2 door, but the 4 door has a few extra perks that are making me second guess my decision:

- Larger fuel tank
- Under the seat vents in the rear
- 8/10-way power seats
- OEM cargo leveling tray
- Stowable doors in the cargo area

The 2 doors benefits will be that it likely off-roads better due to the shorter wheelbase, will be slightly quicker due to the reduced weight, and comes with a hard-top. Also, it looks better.

Sponsored

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ‘71 F100, ‘02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, coming from a Jeep guy who bought a new Wrangler JKU, I’ll say this- A 4 door Jeep ain’t a real Jeep.....Is it a capable SUV? YES!

I ended up buying another older 2 door Wrangler before I had a melt down.

I see no difference with this new 4 door Bronco....Will it be a capable SUV? No doubt about it as we have already seen.

I’m waiting to see the Bronco in person. My JKU will be traded in on either a new 2 door Bronco Badlands/Squatch or a 2 door Rubicon.

I have problems with both choices right now.
1) No Factory soft top for 2 door Bronco (Baffling!)
2) No Wrangler JL Factory Half Doors (Baffling!)

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm getting 2DR but the 4DR does look good. I just like the look of the 2DR better. I think the 4DR may hold value better in the short term, because that's what most people seem to want nowadays.

I agree with the poster who said the 2DR may hold more value several years into the future.

I pretty much like the 2dr. of most vehicles better, but that's just me.

What I like about the Ford Bronco is, they make the 4dr. version look really good as well.

I've been tempted to switch to the 4DR. when ordering comes up, solely for more space; but I know I would regret it once I see 2DR Broncos with the sasquash package or big tires driving around.

I think it's better to just stick to what I truly want.

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think some might depend on the type of off-roading. All of my serious off-roading was in Arizona, so rock crawling. Out there, short wheelbases worked well because of the better break-over angle, less belly rubbing on the rocks.
Thanks. While I'll utilize it for my daily, I plan on off roading too.

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Checking the specs on 2 door vs the 4 on the Bronco, they seem fairly close. What are you choosing and why? Which do you think will hold value better? Thanks!!
2 door because:

- it looks like how a Bronco is supposed to look (to me, anyways)
- I don’t have kids and don’t plan on having any (knocks vigorously on wood) so I don’t even need to rear seats
- it will park/maneuver easier (I live in a city where this can be an issue at times)
- it’s slightly cheaper
- it’s lighter weight should make it (slightly) zippier and (slightly) more fuel efficient
- it looks like how a Bronco is supposed to look

Don’t worry about holding value; this is a money pit, not an investment.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still deciding. Leaning 4 door because it looks cooler and meaner when the doors/roof are off. Every single family member and friend wants the 4 door when i poll them lol. Im still not sure
Ford Bronco Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value? 65EBCE7E-0CF2-40A5-9F38-B47D185F876F

no matter which one i buy i’m probably buying the opposite one within a few years. I want both.
Sponsored

Last edited: