Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting 2DR but the 4DR does look good. I just like the look of the 2DR better. I think the 4DR may hold value better in the short term, because that's what most people seem to want nowadays.

I agree with the poster who said the 2DR may hold more value several years into the future.

I pretty much like the 2dr. of most vehicles better, but that's just me.

What I like about the Ford Bronco is, they make the 4dr. version look really good as well.

I've been tempted to switch to the 4DR. when ordering comes up, solely for more space; but I know I would regret it once I see 2DR Broncos with the sasquash package or big tires driving around.

I think it's better to just stick to what I truly want.
I agree with all the logic I am seeing but I can not decide what I truly want. That's why I want the opinions.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door because:

- it looks like how a Bronco is supposed to look (to me, anyways)
- I don’t have kids and don’t plan on having any (knocks vigorously on wood) so I don’t even need to rear seats
- it will park/maneuver easier (I live in a city where this can be an issue at times)
- it’s slightly cheaper
- it’s lighter weight should make it (slightly) zippier and (slightly) more fuel efficient
- it looks like how a Bronco is supposed to look

Don’t worry about holding value; this is a money pit, not an investment.
All great points (careful how "vigorously" you knock on "wood") i heard that's 1 way to make babies.....

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4 door for me. I just like a decent sized vehicle and wish it were the size of an Expedition. 4 door offers more features and there always will come a time I'll be glad for the available space.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree with all the logic I am seeing but I can not decide what I truly want. That's why I want the opinions.
It's not an easy decision. I thought I read that you liked camping and off-roading. I think the 4DR may suit those needs well, because it does seem capable, and has some nice extra features that the 2DR doesn't have from the factory.

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not an easy decision. I thought I read that you liked camping and off-roading. I think the 4DR may suit those needs well, because it does seem capable, and has some nice extra features that the 2DR doesn't have from the factory.
You read correctly. I have every intention of getting it swamp filthy and having to hose it inside and out. My toy will be ridden hard, then hosed off.

Sponsored

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, if you planned on a lot of off roading.......would you go for or suggest the 2 door? I love off roading and camping.
So I will ask you these questions that should help you (maybe)
1. What kind of off roading? This is more of a trim level question and size comfort level. Meaning the 4 door can appear much bigger than the 2 door though both are relatively the same size.
(Try driving a Suburban or Raptor on some of the Colorado trails...)
2. How much gear and passengers? Lots of gear/passengers 4 door otherwise 2 door.

Not sure how much that helps but with me everything is black & white: there is no grey

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I will ask you these questions that should help you (maybe)
1. What kind of off roading? This is more of a trim level question and size comfort level. Meaning the 4 door can appear much bigger than the 2 door though both are relatively the same size.
(Try driving a Suburban or Raptor on some of the Colorado trails...)
2. How much gear and passengers? Lots of gear/passengers 4 door otherwise 2 door.

Not sure how much that helps but with me everything is black & white: there is no grey
Again my "girl" mode kicks in. Sure I can go alone, I already live in the woods.... I always over pack..... passengers, maybe 1 human and 1 dog at most..... gear, probably my kayak. And I like shopping. So at times lots of stuff. I can clearly see this decision is going to kill me!!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might be wrong but the specs don't seem to show much difference in the room. 2 door seats 4 and 4 door seats 5
true, but I hate flip forward seats to get people in the back, had that before. I want them to have their own door so I don't have to stand around in the heat or rain until they crawl in ?
And 4 door has way more cargo space in the back, enough room for luggage and the 40lb dog - I hope.
But mainly I want to go out somewhere into the wild, park, and be able to sleep inside, I'm past tent on the ground camping and waking up next to my thermarest on the ground ;-)

Ideally I'd see a small rugged teardrop trailer in my future, go somewhere, set up camp and then explore further with the Bronco, but who knows if that'll ever happen, so having enough room for two in the back to sleep is important. If the kids come along, they can have the tent on the ground :cool:

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife and I raised 5 girls so I know 'girl mode' all too well. (and about 'overpacking': Suburban was too small..)
I would say it sounds like a 4 door is in you future....otherwise you probably wish you had (no matter how badd a ss the 2 door is)

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again my "girl" mode kicks in. Sure I can go alone, I already live in the woods.... I always over pack..... passengers, maybe 1 human and 1 dog at most..... gear, probably my kayak. And I like shopping. So at times lots of stuff. I can clearly see this decision is going to kill me!!
Let’s put it this way regarding cargo volume if you are unsure if you’ll need the extra. It’s better to have extra cargo volume and not use it than to need extra cargo volume and not have it.

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think that both the 2 door and 4 door look great.
I’m going with the 2 door. (Full disclosure: family of 3.)
I will get the roof rack. I will not have it mounted all the time. I’ll just mount it if we are using the Bronco for a beach trip, we need the extra storage, or if I’m going canoeing.
The 2 door captures the EB look, spirit, and go over any terrain attitude while offering enough room for normal use and expanded capacity with the roof rack...that (to me) is the winning combo.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Four door due to more room, pull out tray, sleeping in rear, able to store doors within vehicle, easier for people to get in and out of back seats, etc.

Last edited:

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can someone explain the attraction to having the doors in the vehicle? Keep in mind I used run my Jeep Wrangler for months at a time without doors (and never had them with me). What am I missing?

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm having an existential crisis over this. I really want a 2-door because I think it looks cooler. I feel the same way about 2-door wranglers. The 4 doors just aren't a wrangler anymore. But I worry that I'll regret the lack of doors and space at some point in the future...

Another drawback with the 4 door people aren't mentioning is the extra cost, not just from 2 door to four door but having to pay extra for a hardtop as well. Not to mention I'd almost certainly get the 2.7/auto with the 4 door; you're suddenly talking about a $7k price difference to get into the 4 door.

I do like the slide out tray but I'm guessing some aftermarket company will figure one out for the 2 door.

tl;dr My heart wants the 2 door but brain thinks I might regret it.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone explain the attraction to having the doors in the vehicle? Keep in mind I used run my Jeep Wrangler for months at a time without doors (and never had them with me). What am I missing?
If I am out camping somewhere for a few days and want to take the doors off for a joy ride through the mountains one of the days, having a place to store them in the vehicle makes it a lot easier. I live in Upstate SC where it rains a lot so I can’t really just leave them at home. Don’t want to leave them at the campsite either due to the potential of them getting stolen by someone or eaten by a hungry bear. :D
Sponsored