Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I believe Ford nailed the looks on both the 2 door and 4 door. Love both but will probably be getting the 4 dr. I own a construction company and definitely need the extra cargo room of the 4 door. It's truely amazing how much construction materials I can fit in the back of my 4 door Rubicon with the seats folded down. My Wrangler is like a mini pickup for me and will be using the Bronco in the same work mannor. As for play I'm 6'1" and need the extra leg room when sleeping in the back.
As far as resale value is concerned, who cares. Just buy the one you like and enjoy the heck out of it.
Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really love the way a 2 door looks, but we have in laws visit us multiple times per year. Old people can't crawl over seats into the back. So, I will be getting a 4 door.
I think you typed that wrong.

“We have in laws visit us multiple times per year. Old people can’t crawl over seats into the back. So I will be getting a 2 door“(that’s right I said it). JK! If you did the 2 door, Your spouse would be very angry and you would have a hard time sleeping in it.

You actually have a well thought out reason. You can still get the coolest vehicle made in years and meet your responsibilitie, sounds like a win!

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I legit keep doing back and forth with this.

I went with 2 Door first because of the looks. It looks better IMO. And the price is better m

But then I said I needed the 4 door because of kids on the way. Easier for everyone

Then I saw that the trunk space is only 6 inches longer in the 4 door and that the leg room is the exact same on the 2.

So now I’m thinking going back to the 2 because outside of just doors, I don’t think there is a huge difference for me

Yes it would be nice to have doors in the back for a car seat but is it really that big a pain in the butt? Idk, never had kids yet LOL

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Checking the specs on 2 door vs the 4 on the Bronco, they seem fairly close. What are you choosing and why? Which do you think will hold value better? Thanks!!
Getting people and stuff in and out of the back seat on a 2 Dr is a nightmare! Looks cool though.

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm getting the 2-door, no question. It's a terribly impractical vehicle and I'm going to regret it... And then keep going. The looks, the style... I could take it camping, but I'll probably get a lift from a friend anyway. I'm a terribly impractical person. In truth, I have never wanted a car, ever, aside from an old bronco. And now I can get a new one. Seriously, I curse my DD car every time I walk past it on my way to my motorcycle.

I thought I could get this "impractical but awesome" streak out of my system with my bobber motorcycle. Floating solo seat, chopped fenders, no bags - no problem. Utterly useless for any utilitarian purpose, and absolutely worthless in rain. It has borderline racing slicks and sprays everything from the road everywhere. ... Somehow gets 50mpg, which is nice. It's a joy to ride, tho. Torque all down low, launches like a catapult. Then top it off, doesn't actually go that fast all things considered. But I love it.

And now here I go again, getting a vehicle that is equally impractical with nowhere to put anything and terrible at moving both people and things. It is good enough to tow a motorcycle trailer, though. So now I can carry two motorcycles. My Honda might actually be the most practical passenger vehicle I have?

Sponsored

Wedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 FX4/ 2013 Mustang GT/ 2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
if you have kids on the way and no other vehicle, get the 4 door. Child seats are a PITA with only two doors not to mention the extra gear you lug around in the back

I haven’t ordered yet either but when I do, I’m going two door. We already have a 7 seat SUV and a 4 door F150. Two kids is it. The 2 door looks better and will be just for fun. I’m ready for build and price to see how bad this is gonna hurt

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4 door. I think it looks better. There's something about the 2D that just doesn't do it for me.

No matter what I would go for the 4D anyway. If I'm spending this kind of cash I want it to be practical as well. It will be my DD and, eventually, the family hauler.

I see some say it can't be used as a family hauler. For sure there are better options for a true family hauler. But nothing this cool. There will be plenty of room in this thing if you're smart and don't need to bring the kitchen sink.

I routinely take my Escape with 4 people, 4 bikes, and camp gear out for weekend trips and it's fine. The more room you have the more you fill it. Limited space means you need to pack smart for a weekend trip. Whiskey packs more of a punch than beer and doesn't need a cooler. Weed takes up no room at all!

Trainerii

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Explorer, mustang,broncoii
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Checking the specs on 2 door vs the 4 on the Bronco, they seem fairly close. What are you choosing and why? Which do you think will hold value better? Thanks!!
2 door because a 4 door doesn’t feel like a Bronco to me.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I might be wrong but the specs don't seem to show much difference in the room. 2 door seats 4 and 4 door seats 5
2 door “seats 4” meaning you can shove an additional adult back there haha. I’ve done 5 adults in a 2 door wrangler for short distances and it was fine. (*always obey the rules of the road and check with local state laws) lol

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 door because a 4 door doesn’t feel like a Bronco to me.
2 door Manual for me as I want to keep it as true to original as I can. As far as resale if no one buys a manual they may discontinue it in the future so that means 2 door manual may be best bet for resale?

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I legit keep doing back and forth with this.

I went with 2 Door first because of the looks. It looks better IMO. And the price is better m

But then I said I needed the 4 door because of kids on the way. Easier for everyone

Then I saw that the trunk space is only 6 inches longer in the 4 door and that the leg room is the exact same on the 2.

So now I’m thinking going back to the 2 because outside of just doors, I don’t think there is a huge difference for me

Yes it would be nice to have doors in the back for a car seat but is it really that big a pain in the butt? Idk, never had kids yet LOL
So you see my dilemma!!

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6 years ago my father passed and I bought his house. The interior needed new everything. I debated long and hard about how to remodel the kitchen and bathroom and floors and paint and every damn thing. What would be better for me? What would be better in 5 years? What would be better for resale value? And so on. After talking about this with my family ad nauseum, one day my stepmother, Dad's second wife, said STOP. "It's your house. Do it the way YOU want and forget anyone else or the future. If someone else wants something else 3, 5 or 10 years from now, they will gut the house and do it their way, anyway."

I followed her advice. Every wall, tile, appliance, cabinet, closet, trim and piece of furniture in this house is ME... And now I have no intention of every leaving. (Unless I meet a hot chick with tons of money and she wants to be somewhere else, of course.)

Moral of the story: build and buy the Bronco YOU want. No one knows what tomorrow may bring. Just follow your desire and gut instincts today. You won't regret it.
Sorry for your loss. Your step mom is wise!! My issue is I have reasons for both. Unfortunately I can't afford 1 of each.

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm different , and actually like the bouncy and rough ride. it's all part of the experience to me. Loved it in my 2DR JK Wrangler.
Yes! I actually enjoy the bouncy rough ride as well in some of the 4x4 vehicles I've had. Currently driving an older Jeep Liberty with some slightly oversized, loud all-terrains - gives the vehicle a bit of a rougher feel. And all the glorious road noise of the hum of the tires on the road.

I have zero expectations of a low noise or super smooth ride from the Bronco and hope I'm not disappointed! :)
Sponsored