Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door because real Bronco.
Sponsored

Reactions: fv9

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Curious what’s driving you all to go with a 2 or 4 door. I was set on a 4 door but now I’m thinking 2. Initially I wanted the extra space but not sure I need it. I rarely have the kids in my car and I mean rarely. If I need to tow, pick up Home Depot, take off for the weekend, etc, we have my wife’s CX9 which we are going to replace with a Telluride. So I’m thinking of saving a few grand and I prefer the look of the 2 door. What about all of you? Maybe you’ll give me something to think about. ?
Nothing says "Station Wagon" quite like 4 doors. If you've got to have a Bronco with four doors for practicality, frugality, or that one in a million shot that your prime people mover is down, then this is your vehicle.

But if 2 doors gets it done for you 99% of the time and you're comfortable with saying "Well screw it" 1% of the time, 2 doors is a much better deal.;)

If 2 doors is a real Bronco, then is 4 doors a Mule? Just asking for a friend.

Though admittedly, it is hard to envision a Ford Mule forum...

Last edited:

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like the looks of 2 door, 4 door is more practical for our 3 person family. The extra space helps during weekend camping trips. We can barely fit all our stuff in the 4 door Rubicon when we go camping..

Nomadin

Base
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Empty nesters here. LOVE the look of the 2 door (same with the 2 door Jeeps vs the Unlimiteds). The proportions just look better too me. Kind of toy like. I am sure many other buyers are the exact opposite, but I love that look!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was a "Two doors or DIE!!!" person until I saw the 4-door and it looks better than I imagined. Maybe that's because I was comparing it to the hideous Wrangler 4-door; sorry, not sorry.

I think they're both excellent choices and that's partly because they almost look like two different vehicles instead of a stretched version with doors slapped on like those 6-door pickups.

My choice? 2-door

Pros:
  • It's more maneuverable; trails or parking lots.
  • Easier to completely remove a 2-door top all by your onesy, savvy?
Cons:
  • Short wheelbase vehicles are more likely to spin out in slick rain conditions.
  • Less room for gear and one less seat.
I had a 2-door JK that I got used to, so I know the cons and IFS should help. I also plan to do a lot of tent camping, but realistically I probably won't go so far away from a town with some sort of grocery store for more than a couple days and a hitch carrier will fill the need.

They look so well done and we've seen the capability on the trails. I think it's just whether or not you need five seats or regularly haul a bunch of crap in your vehicle. I just don't see a lot of logical competition from Jeep products, especially, in the higher trim levels.

Sponsored

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2 door baseSquatch reservation due to $$$ mostly. I will still have the 4runner as a backup family hauler so the 4 door is desired but not necessary in my case.

If the difference was a bit closer I would definitely make the swap to 4 door.

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 doors because space. Also my wife has gotten *very* used to power seats (and has a bad back) and they are only offered in 4-dr. Happy wife, happy life.

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

2 door for the looks, no kids, rarely >1 passenger, and more money to enjoy other features

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 4 door reserved, purely for camping and additional cargo space, and for better stability, both off and on road.

I'm single with a dog and don't really need the passenger space. But for those times I do need it, I will have it. This will be my daily driver and off-road toy.

Contemplating on getting into Overlanding.

I already have the 2 door 70 Bronco (see avatar), or real Bronco as some of you are calling the 2 doors. The 70 is my pavement princess that only comes out in sunny weather. So I already have the real Bronco.

Having written all of that, you guys are making me second guess my decision.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am going with the 2-Door even though we have a family of four. We already have a family hauler with our Edge Titanium, so this is my ride. If we ever have to take the Bronco as a family, it doesn't hurt me one bit to climb in the back to put in the car seats. I do hate to sound like a purist but I wanted the true Bronco experience and a Bronco is a 2-Door vehicle. This Bronco will be just like my dad's 1985 F250 that we shared so many fond memories in going fishing and camping. I want this Bronco to be the vehicle that gets brought up in many of their fond memories and moments with me. Wow I'm a sissy. I almost cried typing that out lol. I love my babies.

Sponsored

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2-door. I like the look of it better. Wanting a smaller vehicle. Keeping the F150 SuperCrew and wifey has a new Honda Pilot. Both those cover teenager(x2), dog(x2) and gear hauling/dump runs. Bronco will be for day to day fun. Was thinking something sporty, but the new Bronco ticked all the boxes and finally got me giddy about a new truck.

totesmasc

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The first vehicle I ever owned (and still wish I owned) was a 1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco. I suppose I chose the two-door for nostalgic reasons; it feel closer to what I previously had. Plus, my husband is English and driving my truck makes him nervous. I think a two-door will be easier to navigate on the streets of Atlanta. ?

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going with a 2 or 4 door because those are the only two options
Sponsored