Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm on the other spectrum with kids. Two out of the house in school and two still in High School. They can find their own rides. Planning on keeping the old crew cab silverado and wife's SUV when we need space or power. I have no idea about resale but I am hoping to make a 2DR, 2.3L, manual work on a lower trim. Just gotta get the two hunting mutts and gear to the field. 4DR probably makes more sense but really like the 2DR. Hope I can crawl around one before ordering.

Unsolicited advice from someone who spent a lot of years dealing with car seats, two door is a nightmare. Just sayin'.
Sponsored

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4 door. I plan on a lightweight 14 ft travel trailer with a dual kayak rack and trips to colorado and the like. 4 door better for this and lake trips with friends.

2 door is fn sick looking... i just think id always wish i had gotten 4 door....

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting the 2 door.

Wait did I say 2 door, I meant 4 door, Yeah the 4 door.

100 percent I'm getting the 4 door with 2 doors, got it?

It is a dilemma.

I'm leaning to the 2 door because my parking area is tight and the 16" shorter will make a difference. Plus the 4 door isn't really that much bigger inside. 16"

Ultimately if I do go with the 2 door it is purely looks and fitting in my driveway. Capability wise each has a plus and minus but as a nod to the EB I'd get the 2.3 and manual.

If I get the 4 door it will be to fit my ski's inside and hopefully just enough room to sleep in. I ski a big fat ski, 78" tip to tail and 6.5" wide at the tip. Then, it's screw the EB and go with the 2.7 and auto.

When you decide let me know, I could use some help.
literally what goes through my brain every time I think I’ve decided what to go with

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door. Shorter wheel base. I'm single, so zero family needs. Just me & my dog. Easier to park & manuver.

ski.powder

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Ford Energy, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 4 door Rubicon and when on the trails going around tight turns and other maneuvering can entail backing up for a better angle. On some trails like Black Bear that can be a little but puckering. Also backing up and turning around in tight spaces is harder than friends I wheel with that have two doors.

If your taking it off road a lot I would go with a 2 door.

Sponsored

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like the look of the 2 door and I am sure it will be better in the tight places but it is 4 doors for me. I do a lot of camping and having the option to sleep in the back is good, the extra space for gear is welcome, and a 4 door will always be better off-road then a 2 door plus trailer, if you find you run out of space.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door. My wife will have a big SUV here shortly, and since the Bronco will be the first time I'm going all out on a new car, I'm doing it exactly how I want it. As of now, that's a 2 door, Black Diamond, stick, maybe mid package, with Cactus Gray and a (hopefully) white top.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2 for me.

I've got other vehicles with 4 when needed. The kids (11 & 14 year old girls) can find their own way into the back when they need to.

Access to the back should be real good with the top off.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door here. I hate 2 doors, especially when you have to get out to let someone into the back seat. Plus we have grandchildren that we now have custody of, we were almost empty nested.

Plus I like the fact that the doors can be stored behind the back seats when removed. And the additional storage space when you don't need the backseats.

Not considering resale value at all, vehicles are not investments majority of the time.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 1970 has two doors and my 2021 will have the same. Nuff said.

Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same approach as my Jeep buying approach - I want a 2 dr (looks, breakover, lighter = faster turning radius... etc.) but if I cannot picture my dogs easily getting on the back seat or back of the vehicle with the seats folded will go with a 4 dr.

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like both. Don't think I couldn't go wrong with either one for what I plan on doing with it, (daily driver, rock crawling and high speed desert). Planning on a 2 door because that's all I need but from what I have read the Badlands I am getting makes the price difference between two and four doors only $2500. So I have to decide on two door with Sasquatch or four door without.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess it depends when you try to sell, but typically the fewer made models retain value better long term. After production, the 2dr manual will retain the most value long term, but probably not short term. If selling 2 years down the road, you probably want the most common vehicle to appeal to the most people, 4dr auto. Once this version of the Bronco is no longer made, the rarer varieties will be worth more, which will be the 2dr manuals.

People pay a premium for older Tacomas and FJs with manuals over the auto as there are just fewer of them and owners of manuals tend to keep their vehicles longer. Even older muscle cars get a premium for manuals and some are almost impossible to find for sale when autos are everywhere.

Me, I'm getting a 2dr manual and hope it never goes up for sale.

Txbeerrealtor

Wildtrak
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 2017 GLE 350 4M
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4 door because occasional (grown) kids and my wife keeps saying how she needs grand babies..

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base