Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2D for me, like others have said with the V6 I think it will be a little peppier. And since it's just me and my dog no need to worry about passengers getting in and out of the back. Same with cargo if I need the room I just fold the back seats down and I have plenty.

As far as resale value that's a tough one. Being an offroad vehicle I would say which ever ones are the least beat up. :LOL:
Sponsored

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value? 1603644500693

This, closer to the original and my kids don't hang out with daddy anymore now that they are in college lol

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1603644500693.png

This, closer to the original and my kids don't hang out with daddy anymore now that they are in college lol
My thought exactly, then my wife vetoed the 2 door because “we will be taking the grand kids with us”. 😳

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I originally went with the 4dr for convenience of grandparents, grandkids, pets, etc....then my wife decided she wanted to replace her MKZ with a baby Bronco in addition to the Wildtrak I had ordered. Since the wife’s Bronco sport Badlands I just ordered for her has 4 doors i can now change my Wildtrak to a 2dr and use the sport for the passenger/pet hauler.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If these reservation stats are any indication, the 2.3L equipped 4-door will have the lowest resale value and lowest take rate.

2.3L, 4-door Base model will end up being the highest cost, lowest resale value.

Ford Bronco Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value? 1614102666196

Sponsored

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm single, no kids, 25 years old. 2-door is a no brainer for me and I'll probably even do a back seat delete. The 4-door is far more practical for people with families but the 2-door looks much better imo.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If these reservation stats are any indication, the 2.3L equipped 4-door will have the lowest resale value and lowest take rate.

2.3L, 4-door Base model will end up being the highest cost, lowest resale value.

Ford Bronco Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value? 1614102666196
I'll definitely be interested in seeing production stats to see how far off B6G peeps are to everyone else. I've envisioned the Outerbanks 4-door as being the most popular buy for the general public.

Im not a fan of big vehicles and wanted something closer to the original, so 2-door it is for me. It's just me and my son, so we don't need a larger vehicle either.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ultimately decided 4 dr.
My OPINIONS:
4Door:
Pros:
-More space
-Easier for rear passengers to get in/out.
-My teens can enjoy having their own doors off when we can.
-Looks really mean and tactical with no top or doors on (esp. in black).
-A bit smoother ride on-road and some off-road.
-Store the doors on-board.
Cons:
-Bigger. Could be harder to wheel in/park/maneuver without the trail turn on.
-Not as sentimental-correct compared to the profile of the EB it pays homage to.
-incrementally less fuel mileage ( Doesn't bother me but I know some are thinking it).

2door:
Pros:

-Great stance with 35's, looks like it could crawl a vertical wall if it wanted to.
-Looks more fun for a single guy (I am not)
-you only have to remove 2 doors vs 4. Less roof panels as well.
-Good, nostalgic look.
-tighter turns on trails/smaller turn radius.
Cons:
-(To me) looks way too much like a Bronco II from the side with the roof on.
-restricted access to rear seats
-rear occupants don't get their own completely "doorless" experience.
-can't store the doors on-board if you decide to roll with them off while on a trip/errand.

Honestly at the end of the day the largest factor, to me, was the inability of the 2 door to allow you to store the doors on-board easily if you had passengers with you.
I know that sounds odd and in the grand scheme, kinda petty.
But for me that was 98% of my reason. I plan some trips in this thing, and those trips involve rear occupants. And their experiences mean the most to me.
So I wanted the best experiences I could give them in a configuration that made sense for the end result.
In the future once they are grown and moved out, I have every intent to get myself a 2 door down the road. But for now, 4 door.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ultimately decided 4 dr.
My OPINIONS:
4Door:
Pros:
-More space
-Easier for rear passengers to get in/out.
-My teens can enjoy having their own doors off when we can.
-Looks really mean and tactical with no top or doors on (esp. in black).
-A bit smoother ride on-road and some off-road.
-Store the doors on-board.
Cons:
-Bigger. Could be harder to wheel in/park/maneuver without the trail turn on.
-Not as sentimental-correct compared to the profile of the EB it pays homage to.
-incrementally less fuel mileage ( Doesn't bother me but I know some are thinking it).

2door:
Pros:

-Great stance with 35's, looks like it could crawl a vertical wall if it wanted to.
-Looks more fun for a single guy (I am not)
-you only have to remove 2 doors vs 4. Less roof panels as well.
-Good, nostalgic look.
-tighter turns on trails/smaller turn radius.
Cons:
-(To me) looks way too much like a Bronco II from the side with the roof on.
-restricted access to rear seats
-rear occupants don't get their own completely "doorless" experience.
-can't store the doors on-board if you decide to roll with them off while on a trip/errand.

Honestly at the end of the day the largest factor, to me, was the inability of the 2 door to allow you to store the doors on-board easily if you had passengers with you.
I know that sounds odd and in the grand scheme, kinda petty.
But for me that was 98% of my reason. I plan some trips in this thing, and those trips involve rear occupants. And their experiences mean the most to me.
So I wanted the best experiences I could give them in a configuration that made sense for the end result.
In the future once they are grown and moved out, I have every intent to get myself a 2 door down the road. But for now, 4 door.
I know you're creative enough to develop a system for a 2-door to carry it's own doors with 4 passengers. Note that they don't allow the doors to fit with the roof on. However, i've spent some time letting a tape measure fall on me while trying to determine the height of my garage ceiling, and I can tell you that with the roof off, you can store the doors vertically in the Bronco. Or laterally strapped onto a roof mounted basket. Or zip tied to the spare tire. Or zip tied under the Bronco as long as you're aware of the loss of ground clearance.

I digress. There are options. Just not any that Ford is legally allowed to encourage. Which is fine. I consider myself a bit of a bad ass as I regularly travel with more than 3 oz of mouth wash in the carry-on, so i'm confident in my poor decision making skills to resolve this tiny problem.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know you're creative enough to develop a system for a 2-door to carry it's own doors with 4 passengers. Note that they don't allow the doors to fit with the roof on. However, i've spent some time letting a tape measure fall on me while trying to determine the height of my garage ceiling, and I can tell you that with the roof off, you can store the doors vertically in the Bronco. Or laterally strapped onto a roof mounted basket. Or zip tied to the spare tire. Or zip tied under the Bronco as long as you're aware of the loss of ground clearance.

I digress. There are options. Just not any that Ford is legally allowed to encourage. Which is fine. I consider myself a bit of a bad ass as I regularly travel with more than 3 oz of mouth wash in the carry-on, so i'm confident in my poor decision making skills to resolve this tiny problem.
Thank you, sir. I am quite sure I could come up with something. In the interest of maintaining all factory faculties in place I have so far not seen a way to store them on-board, with the top on, and occupants in the seat.
Other than the aforementioned rack (which I have thought of and pondered making some attachments to market once I got the setup correct and user-friendly at a reasonable cost-point).
I even considered a rear-mounted hitch rack to store the doors on. But then you either:
A) lose ground clearance and/or departure angle
or
B) have some weird 45 degree angled tubing coming out of the receiver, then to the rack, putting the doors up high in the air and looking ridiculous.

So I opted for now to be part of the extra door brotherhood and enjoy the ride.
R&D maybe at later date to develop something that protects the paint, doesn't weight 200 lbs, is user-friendly, cost-effective, and aesthetically pleasing.
But any add-on like that or on the rack itself leads to rattling, noise, parts rubbing and/or paint damage on rough terrain or highway speeds...But I also digress. ;)
Maybe I could 3Dprint something out of Adamantium that weights 6 oz and costs $75.00 to mass-produce and retire next year...

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you, sir. I am quite sure I could come up with something. In the interest of maintaining all factory faculties in place I have so far not seen a way to store them on-board, with the top on, and occupants in the seat.
Other than the aforementioned rack (which I have thought of and pondered making some attachments to market once I got the setup correct and user-friendly at a reasonable cost-point).
I even considered a rear-mounted hitch rack to store the doors on. But then you either:
A) lose ground clearance and/or departure angle
or
B) have some weird 45 degree angled tubing coming out of the receiver, then to the rack, putting the doors up high in the air and looking ridiculous.

So I opted for now to be part of the extra door brotherhood and enjoy the ride.
R&D maybe at later date to develop something that protects the paint, doesn't weight 200 lbs, is user-friendly, cost-effective, and aesthetically pleasing.
But any add-on like that or on the rack itself leads to rattling, noise, parts rubbing and/or paint damage on rough terrain or highway speeds...But I also digress. ;)
Maybe I could 3Dprint something out of Adamantium that weights 6 oz and costs $75.00 to mass-produce and retire next year...
You had me at pondering my rack......

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You had me at pondering my rack......
Lol I do ponder your rack from afar, Mr. Astley. But in a totally respectful, non-leering way. It's more of an admiration type thing.

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a 2 Door, I will NEVER be asked to carpool people to lunch.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Four butts, four seats, four doors.
:)

looking farther down the road, I’m going to need the space. Even when one goes to college the other is going to be a star and life scout. We’re going camping - a lot. Need space for gear.

Space for groceries and luggage

Space For sports gear

Space. Just space.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had both 2 door & 4 door jeeps, the 2 door was way more fun. The 2 door is more removed from my daily 4 door truck. The 2 door is more original and looks way better.
Sponsored