Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2-door for me.

Why?

Broncos, Wranglers, Mustangs, Camaros, Ferrari's, Challengers, Corvettes, etc are supposed to be 2-door vehicles. It's tradition.

My brother bought a Charger. It's fancy but I can't get excited about it. It's more a sedan than a Dodge Charger (insert Dixie horn effect)

I get the 'practical' aspect.

But, um, you don't buy these awesome vehicles to be practical. Need practicality? Toyota is reliable supposedly.

My opinion. Not yours. Not meant to offend.

But if I'm buying a dream machine, I'm going full Monty!
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a 2 door. I’m an empty nester and just love the looks...

but with that being said I don’t get the hate for the 4 door, I think the thing looks pretty damn bad ass.
you 4 door”ers”go rock your bronco...

they all are damn cool..😎

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2-door people are so smug about their choice...
Out of the many, many religious zealots on this forum (SFA, white top, green exterior, power seats, V8, more lux, less lux et al), 2dr zealots (which is not all 2dr buyers) are the worst.

Just buy the 2dr and discuss to your hearts content...however, the need to post again and again about how the 4dr isn't a Bronco when you aren't even buying one makes zero sense to me.

Can we just record a loop stating you are the smart, correct ones so you get the validation you desire? Choices are AWESOME!

Ford Bronco Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value? 1614125232355

That said....I am getting a 2 door.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, if part of the rational for buying a 4dr vs. a 2dr is so that you’ll have more room and be able to store your doors in your cargo area........do you really have more room if you’re driving around with 4 adults and your cargo area stacked full of doors instead of a Yeti full of cold beer and a picnic basket? Just saying.....

MJedi209

Black Diamond
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopars
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4 door for me, I need the 5th seat. Long story short, I wanted a 2 door Bronco since I first saw them, but I have 4 kids. I have 2 in high school, 1 in middle school, and a 2 year old. Before the Broncos were revealed I was planning on getting a Mustang since I sold my Challenger when my 2 year old was born, and keeping my Durango for family trips. The 4 door is a compromise since my other 3 are getting older. So it's a 4 door for me, no Durango, no Mustang. Huge bonus is my wife is happy since she thinks it's her idea, and I get what I wanted in the first place.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Checking the specs on 2 door vs the 4 on the Bronco, they seem fairly close. What are you choosing and why? Which do you think will hold value better? Thanks!!
4 door because I'm not a masochist and I love the rest of my family.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door... after the ‘88 and ‘93 broncos, the excursion and the crew cab truck, just don’t care to step down to the smaller of the two. Maybe it has something to do with age as well... loved my ‘87 ranger 4x4 standard cab in my 20s and early 30s, but now my son has one and it feels pretty cramped these days.

I believe resale value has more to do with “not” being trendy.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is not a practical vehicle. Wasn't meant to be one. Doesn't tow, won't get good fuel economy, won't carry large items, will have high insurance, and so one. Most folks will get the four door to make it more practical for their specific needs. Sure, maybe you want to sleep in one in a remote spot that few vehicles can reach, but for the vast majority of those getting a four door, that isn't the case. There are other, better alternatives for most folks. You want a Bronco for the additional toy and fun aspects. Diluting the toy aspect to rationalize getting it is the reality for most buyers. Not a lot of people getting it as a dedicated toy, they need to use it in real life. All well and good and in no way a bad thing.

Four door buyers are marrying the ugly sister because she is a better cook, two door buyers are marrying the hot one.

Personal preference for the buyers needs and wants.

The 4-door will hold a higher resale only because it is a higher price to begin with. As a percentage, the 2-door will be higher because the supply will be more limited for those that want to go home with the Prom Queen instead of Miss Congeniality, so they will have less negotiation ability if the used 2-door isn't 10 deep in dealer lots like the 4-door will be. At least in the long run. If there are a lot of 2-doors built this first year or two, might skew the numbers the other way. Just no way to know for sure.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 door because looks better in every way. Also don’t need the extra space of a 4 door.
Plus 2 door will be more fun to drive on and off road, having driven 2 door wranglers I’ve always loved the agility and tight turn radius

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco is not a practical vehicle. Wasn't meant to be one. Doesn't tow, won't get good fuel economy, won't carry large items, will have high insurance, and so one. Most folks will get the four door to make it more practical for their specific needs. Sure, maybe you want to sleep in one in a remote spot that few vehicles can reach, but for the vast majority of those getting a four door, that isn't the case. There are other, better alternatives for most folks. You want a Bronco for the additional toy and fun aspects. Diluting the toy aspect to rationalize getting it is the reality for most buyers. Not a lot of people getting it as a dedicated toy, they need to use it in real life. All well and good and in no way a bad thing.

Four door buyers are marrying the ugly sister because she is a better cook, two door buyers are marrying the hot one.

Personal preference for the buyers needs and wants.

The 4-door will hold a higher resale only because it is a higher price to begin with. As a percentage, the 2-door will be higher because the supply will be more limited for those that want to go home with the Prom Queen instead of Miss Congeniality, so they will have less negotiation ability if the used 2-door isn't 10 deep in dealer lots like the 4-door will be. At least in the long run. If there are a lot of 2-doors built this first year or two, might skew the numbers the other way. Just no way to know for sure.
You, sir, are undervaluing a lifetime of delicious dinners.

WTF, all this time just lets me question every decision I have made.

I thought the garage would be too tight with the 4 door and 2 cars in (14' wide door but 26' deep) but I cleaned the garage out and have been using it with 2 cars. Enough room for the 4 door.

Hmmm.

Mike Zike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acadia Denali ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
4-Door because this looks absolutely correct.
Ford Bronco Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value? 1614125232355
I love the 2 door but they made the 4 door look right, I like that I can store the doors and front tops and drive around with them 1and I get storage and can take 5 of us on a vacstion,and put the dog in the back

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 Door from the beginning. Already have two four door cars and a four door truck. That 16” wheel base difference will matter off-road. However, the 4 door looks great, if I was younger and the kids were all still here might consider the 4 door.
Sponsored