Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really like the squared off look, captures the essence of the original. Had always wanted a Jeep going back 1975 but passed on it then for a shell Econoline that I customized. Thought I might re-visit the Jeep idea as I head towards retirement but the new Bronco trumped the Jeep. The doors and roof coming off sealed the deal. Plus it doesn't hurt to qualify for "Z" Plan pricing.
Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I dont like the clutch vagueness of the wrangler, and like driving on the highway without having to constantly correct myself.

Stick and going topless was a must, so no 4chan, and already built a 2.3t in my old Mustang, so it’ll be deja vu all over again when it comes to engine mods

Databyter

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar Type S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
I've always appreciated Jeep capability but was never too tempted to own one because of their road handling and design flaws (like mirrors mounted to removable doors). I like the Bronco because I'm hoping it proves more reliable. It has innovations that target Jeep flaws. Is a more modern platform than the admittedly refined and proven 4Runner with things like a 10 speed transmission and excellent cameras. And lastly, American made with a model line that has a heritage that this newer iteration seems to be living up to and more.

DualsportWA

Badlands
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just made this decision! It came down to:
  1. The Bronco at 6060 GVWR is eligible for tax write-off as a business vehicle (Most Wranglers are not- exceptions, Hybrid and Diesel are both heavy enough)
  2. The steering and road handling (night and day)
  3. The 7spd manual trans is AWESOME and no axle wrap when engaging the clutch like the Wrangler has
  4. The Badlands package with Manual hits the features and price point for me

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For me it was because my wife has a 2018 Wrangler Sahara and we love the top and doors off but it is almost impossible to keep it on the road. It wanders all over the place except straight. The Bronco handles great on the road so it is my daily and our trip vehicle.

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a perfect world, I'd have all 3

For now, Bronco, as I love Manual, and going topless. If I needed 4drs though, 4Chan, since I like to keep things different, though I'd still have my Bronco

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I dont like the clutch vagueness of the wrangler, and like driving on the highway without having to constantly correct myself.

Stick and going topless was a must, so no 4chan, and already built a 2.3t in my old Mustang, so it’ll be deja vu all over again when it comes to engine mods
Agreed 100% on the clutch feel of the Wrangler, also.....this was the biggest one - the 2 door Bronco is big enough to fit everything I need. I had the itch for a 2 door, and the Bronco has the perfect dimensions.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Long time Jeep CJ/TJ guy. But I don't care for the "tacked on" look of the front fenders on the later model JK/JL. Would like to see the front fenders better integrated into the body someday.

Otherwise my current 4x4s are showing some age, and the base 30K sounded good for variety, and as my new utility/off-road vehicle. Will see how it goes, hoping the Bronco doesn't have issues some other folks have encountered.

I'd rather have the live front axle, I've seen too much lifting of tires on the Bronco, due to lack of front suspension travel, and having to rely on lockers too much to counter that. I will definitely be off-roading in the Bronco, but not the more hardcore stuff I used to do in my Jeeps where the axles were twisting up for trail contact.
Sponsored