Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been waiting for comparisons to the 4runner, everything I see only says it will compete with the Jeep.

I owned a TRD Pro 4Runner years back, sold it for various reasons. Why I didn’t love that car and think I want this one?
- engine (4runner is so slow)
- interior finish ( 45k for top of line 4runner doesn’t get you much amenities)
- Gas mileage (not expecting anything crazy, but I was getting 16 in the 4runner and it was soo slow)

I will probably will never take the roof off, so would like to see a solid roof to reduce noise, but I get why it’s not an option. Due to this, and obvious quality concerns, I will never own a FCA vehicle.
Fellow 4runner owner here.

The 4runner interior is quite bare bones
The gas mileage on the Bronco is not going to be much better
I don't really understand the 'slow' complaint. I own a race replica crotch rocket, so I understand speed... but fat SUV's meant to go offroad are never going to be fast and operate poorly in every metric at high speeds.
Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 2016 F150 3.5EB has been amazing and the service department at my local dealer is outstanding. So, I was preconditioned to look favorable at any Ford product. I plan to keep my F150 and the Bronco will be my weekend vehicle. Like the idea of removing the roof panels. Not sure about removing the doors since my dog, who loves to ride shotgun, may freak out.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fellow 4runner owner here.

The 4runner interior is quite bare bones
The gas mileage on the Bronco is not going to be much better
I don't really understand the 'slow' complaint. I own a race replica crotch rocket, so I understand speed... but fat SUV's meant to go offroad are never going to be fast and operate poorly in every metric at high speeds.
I agree. People shouldn't be buying trucks/Jeeps like this for their 0-60 times lol. However, with that low-end power there it could help you get out of certain situations. And would it hurt to have your Bronco a bit more nimble on the road?

My 1998 Contour 0-60 was like 6.8 seconds (I think lol, I can't remember), I'm sure they could make a Jeep faster than that. I think Wrangler is 7.2 seconds...

Buuut, I agree with you...I for one am not concerned about the 0-60. I just hope the engine sounds good. I've heard the 3.5L (F150...with the "engine acoustic enhancements" turned off...not sure why car companies are doing this...the 3.5L EcoBoost sounds perfectly fine without cabin speaker enhancement). I don't believe I'd heard the 2.7L

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I chose Bronco over 4unner because I wanted an open roof option suv. Not even a real comparison in my view. I test drove Jeep and wanted badly to like it...but it's like driving my old tractor that wanders all over the road at 8mph except at 70mph. I knew I couldn't live with a Jeep after 3 minutes behind the wheel. I kept hoping Jeep would go IFS, but glad Bronco arrived first. Love the styling...I'm locked in and waiting.

Duck

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford, American Made, factory 35’s, removable top, IFS.

Sponsored

jinskeep

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Raptor 2007 GT500 2020 GT500 2021 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do not want to support foreign owned manufacturers.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new Wrangler is IFS except for the Rubicon. And they're SWB plus off- road oriented.
I don't think you're correct. Where are you seeing this? I have read that no where...

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure of that we have not sold one like it yet

Sahara
Ford Bronco Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler? 1595356610605

Rubicon
Ford Bronco Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler? 1595356610605
Well then. I stand corrected. I had heard that only the Rubicon had a solid front and all others were IFS. Maybe it was for 2021 models, idk.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well then. I stand corrected. I had heard that only the Rubicon had a solid front and all others were IFS. Maybe it was for 2021 models, idk.
The Jeepers would have a brain aneurysm if that happened their last bastion of 1942 left for them.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

BTW I am a Jeep Wrangler fan still on many of the Wrangler Forums...do not go there and look for feelings of the Bronco if you are sensitive towards the Blue oval...

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you really can't trust what you read on the internet after all. Lol.

Eds-FB

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ForesterSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
really? Shit me. I had no idea. I mean I know the steering is kinda dead and uninspiring and lifeless but I didn’t know that there’s inconsistencies in this. Each had different levels of suck? Lol, sorry my grammar skills are lacking today.

also what puzzles me in those forums is they talk about how great the manual trans is in the JL and how it’s SUCH A VAST IMPROVEMENT over the previous Gen. ah, I drove one for 5 mins and was like this is shit...lol, completely lifeless clutch pedal, gear box is okay, but man alive the throw is ridiculous.

I dunno if I’m getting a manual bronco or not. I want the 2.7L, but if Ford changes their mind (I hope they do) I may seriously consider that 7 speed with a 2.7L. I don’t want manual enough to get the 2.3L. buuuut, I have confidence with all my Canadian blood that Ford’s 7 speed manual will be far better than the JLU I test drove!!
Yes correct , the 3 had different degree's of wondering , very sad there quality varies so much . My 2019 and the girlfriends 2018 JLU were different , so we both got rid of them she has a beater untill she gets her 2dr Bronco and I now have a 2020 Forester sport to get me by until I Get My 4dr hopefully this time next year....

tarantularock

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / future Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bought a 2000 wrangler 4.0l for myself brand new/ built it up and drove it for 9 years no problems. Then we had a baby & switched to a 4 door JL - Car seats and baby gear. That vehicle’s gutless engine & transmission ruined the experience I had previously with my wrangler. Drove it for 4 years and then switched to an f150.

I looked at the jk when it first came out - & all the sudden Jeeps hiked up their costs well above what the thing should be worth by a substantial amount! I like the ford engine options better and I’m excited to see competition in the segment. If the new defenders had a removable roof I’d have considered them also.
Sponsored