Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's no party like a Bronco party; besides there are just some places that I can only trust a Bronco to get me there.
Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love how 4Runners look but the interior is pure garbage and hasn't been updated in forever. I love the new Wrangler interiors but I don't think I could pay for a new car with old staying and death wobble. The Bronco will be my first foray into the SUV segment so I want something that isn't huge (2 door) and drives decent.

fara

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Being a challenger of the other vehicles in a similar class that has done very little to be innovative, the Bronco appealed to me. I've never owned a Ford and I have no allegiance to any car brand - US made or not. Before my VW, I had an Audi and before that an Acura. ?‍♀ I love being outdoors & narrowed my very limited list of options to a 4runner and Wrangler before the Bronco debuted. I jumped on the train late but love what Ford has done to disrupt the competition who seemed to be pretty comfortable/stagnant. :) Looking forward to having a much anticipated vehicle that's as beautiful as it is functional as well!

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"There can be only one"
(If I knew how to find and add the appropriate meme I would)

BRONCO is it!

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm thinking of reliving my youth and snagging some widows down at the bingo hall.
Go Bronco :cool:

Sponsored
OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me neither, I've got my Bronco deposit and also on a 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro - keeping my options open but will probably go with the Toyota. It's the issue of a new model and potential problems etc. vs tried and true and a concern about turbo engines. I've had Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel and VW GTI, both with turbos. The lag and regen issues in the Jeep were not much fun, plus the reliability gives me some cause for concern.
Most of the drive train in the Bronco is not new and should be reliable, but if you check Consumer Reports Ford is not that reliable, vs Japanese brands. I'm buying to keep for many years not just a couple, so longevity and depreciation are a concern.
Consumer reports rated the Ford Ranger similarly to the Tacoma.

RMKRubicon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '95 YJ. Former: '08 JKR, '99 LC100,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought an F-150 new in 2012 and it's been great.

Since 2012, I've also owned a 2008 JKUR on 35s, a '98 TJ on 33s, an '08 JKR on 32s, a 2007 FJ Cruiser on 31s, a stock '98 XJ, a stock '00 WJ, and currently have a '95 YJ on 31s. The F-150 is my highway/road trip vehicle, while the off-roaders are my townies and off-roaders. I keep the off-road rigs for about a year and then try something new.

I really enjoyed the capabilities on my Jeeps, but the engine was always a weak spot. I liked the FJ Cruiser, but the seating position was low and awkward, it the visibility was lacking.

I expect the 2-door Bronco (Badlands w/ Sasquatch) I reserved to be capable like my Jeeps, have the fit and finish of my F-150, but have a strong engine. My 25-year-old current Jeep has 88k miles. I hope to buy the 2-door Bronco now and still be driving it in 25 years.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never liked Jeeps, and think the 4 Runners are over priced and stale. I like the blacked out TRDs but not that much.

I think the Bronco's design is WAY more fun, and possibly a better daily driver than the Jeep. I'm also hoping that the Bronco gets decent gas mileage. At least compared to the Toyota and Jeep.

Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to mention for those of us that are tall (6'4") and not rail thin (220 Pounds(Not fat, but I am not a little person)) the Toyotas do not fit so well. I use to own one and I always felt like a giraffe in a shoebox.
I’ve got a long torso and it has been difficult to find a good fit. I’m nervous the Bronco may not work.

PG1o1

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
LOL, you want to open the flood gates I see! First off, what would not be appealing about the new bronco if you are EB Ford loving enthusiast! Having owned a several broncos from every generation, I have always preferred the midsize of the EB. It makes sense, it works better than any other SUV combination IMO. I have been mesmerized by the bronco since my first Tonka Bronco with the swapable tires, spare mounted on the back and plastic roof, It was a T top design for some reason but who cares! The Bronco community loves Broncos but we also love the roots of the Utility Ford. American made, Ford branded, Retro look, Utility capability and it does not say I want to be a crowd pleaser. No offense to the other brands but, Ford already knew the Bronco had a loyal list of followers. They did not know perhaps how many folks settled for Jeep's because there wasn't a Bronco. Well, Now they know. Look at how many folks are waiting to trade out! Finally, Finally Ford doing what it does best, building trucks/Mustangs for their loyal customers.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never really liked Jeeps. I liked 4Runners, but they are getting long in the tooth.

I really liked the FJ Cruiser and have always liked Tacomas but not enough to own one. I've mostly been into sportier cars/hatchbacks.

Now that I have a family, and want to go outdoors more, and didn't necessarily want a regular SUV, when the Bronco came it, it checked off a lot of boxes. I preordered a Mustang Mach-E, but really want the opportunity to go offroad and that's not what the Mach-E is about.

But mainly it has to do with styling. The Bronco looks like the trucks I used to draw as a kid. I mean those drawings probably are more like a lifted Toyota 1980's SR5 with KC light covers, but the Bronco still reminds me of it. I can't really explain it.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife has a 4runner limited, a trd pro would be a good option except my head touches the ceiling ( I am 6'5"). There also isn't a manual option in 4runners. As for jeep, I just don't like them.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drive a little fast and really don't feel like having the crappy stearing and death wobble of the jeep and the 4runner hasn't changed and is boring. The bronco checks off a lot more things I like then the competition.
Sponsored