Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not anymore. At this point Iā€™m 99% out on the Bronco. Something about all of this has really been rubbing me wrong lately. I donā€™t know if itā€™s the delays, misinformation, lack of the actual ability to build the vehicle I want how I want it..... the packages tied to only certain models, no manual with the V6. Itā€™s a first year model Ford that Iā€™m looking at dropping $50k+ into. For what? The sway bar disconnect is the only thing keeping me thinking about it at all. Iā€™ve had 2 4Runners before and loved them. Yes theyā€™re ā€œunderā€ powered and need a refresh but for less than $50k Iā€™m getting a CPO TRD Pro and not rolling the dice on the first year model and see how it plays out with the Bronco. Iā€™ll be driving my 2013 F150 Lariat when I get back from this overseas tour so itā€™s not like Iā€™m in a jalopy so I can make the most informed decision then and test drive some vehicles...... kinda bummed though because I was really excited about this release but as the days go by sensibility is creeping into the picture.
Hate to say it but I'm nearly with you. These last few days I've almost seemed to be talking myself into staying with the Bronco as opposed to just leasing a Wrangler or 4runner for a few years until we really see what the Bronco is made of.
Pretty scary dropping $65k on a first year vehicle while serious issues like not adding a brush guard to the 2.7 allegedly due to weight, yet a winch is fine (winch HAS to weigh more than the guard) still linger less than 30 days before orders are due. Ford's failure to clarify any of these make-or-break issues thus far might get me to bail... not that they'll miss my business! I'll probably place the order then see how I feel when I greet it in person :cool:
Sponsored

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had 3 Wranglers in the past and loved all of them. There are a few reasons I'm going with a Bronco this time.
  • I can get all the off-road capability of a Rubicon for a lot less money.
  • The driving experience in the Bronco on-road should be better.
  • Beautiful navy interior (can't get that on a Jeep)
  • Invisible cup holders (can keep the kids busy on road trips by having them try to find all 6)
I only wish that the 2-door had a soft top. I'm sure Bestop will have an answer for that soon enough though.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
She likes it better than the Wrangler, color and overall look. Lots of Ford techs in our family for inside help for mechanical issues too so I can't blame her there. I do like the allure of buying used vs so new you have to preorder it though.

Personally I would prefer something more like a 4Runner with a metal roof.

And for an offroader I would rather build a first gen Explorer for pennies on the dollar of a new anything.

But the Bronco can wear two hats, it can be the family car and the family offroader.

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been waiting for comparisons to the 4runner, everything I see only says it will compete with the Jeep.

I owned a TRD Pro 4Runner years back, sold it for various reasons. Why I didnā€™t love that car and think I want this one?
- engine (4runner is so slow)
- interior finish ( 45k for top of line 4runner doesnā€™t get you much amenities)
- Gas mileage (not expecting anything crazy, but I was getting 16 in the 4runner and it was soo slow)

I will probably will never take the roof off, so would like to see a solid roof to reduce noise, but I get why itā€™s not an option. Due to this, and obvious quality concerns, I will never own a FCA vehicle.
Glad to hear this I have been comparing a Badlands to the Forerunner TRD Pro for months. I think the options, interior quality (still to be seen), newer tech all make the Bronco a clear winner.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, to contrast all the naysayers; I sent my build sheet to my dealer today. I owned a wrangler, didnā€™t want another one. There really are no other choices for open top, off-road, multi-purpose vehicles. The Bronco itself maybe new, but the drivetrain is well proven. I believe this will be a well mannered vehicle and I hope to enjoy it for several years to come.

Ford Bronco Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler? 89B95BC2-FE57-46AA-960A-6B64BB853250

Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, to contrast all the naysayers; I sent my build sheet to my dealer today. I owned a wrangler, didnā€™t want another one. There really are no other choices for open top, off-road, multi-purpose vehicles. The Bronco itself maybe new, but the drivetrain is well proven. I believe this will be a well mannered vehicle and I hope to enjoy it for several years to come.

Ford Bronco Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler? 89B95BC2-FE57-46AA-960A-6B64BB853250
Thatā€™s what you call F-you money. Congrats.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to live in the Outback Australia and owned a Toyota Landcruiser. In fact, many of the Aussies drive those down there as they can take the extreme heat and they're very dependable. I've never owned a Ford, but I'm digging the new "box'ie/tough" look more so than the Wrangler. However, being a new release, I'm extremely worried...especially for $60k!! So for me, even though I have a BL reserved, I'm not 100% sold yet.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Well said!

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford reputation for quality over Jeep. The ability to get a very off road worthy vehicle from the factory. While Toyota is known for reliability and I have owned several, the mpg is horrible, the engines are sluggish, and no locking front diff.

Sponsored

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because it is a Ford Bronco, drop the microphone

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I want a Bronco, not a TURD or to Just Empty Every Pocket. ;)

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Black 2012 JKU that I honestly never thought I would get rid of. I reserved a Bronco because the ride will be smoother, hoping the top doesn't leak or at least as much as my Wrangler, the technology in the vehicle vs my 2012 and because I can get the look I want from the factory with the Sasquatch package
Sponsored