Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

abnormal

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I haven't decided yet...and I may not be able to wait almost another year. I've owned several 1985-1988 Toyota pickups. I like first gen Tacos. I know it's shallow, but I can't imagine buying a current gen Taco...they look too much like Chevys. If the Bronco release date doesn't change...a JLU diesel might be in my future.

Advertisement

gentlemanbronco

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Personally, its nostalgia for me. My Dad had an 87 and I loved it. It would've ended up being my first vehicle if it hadn't become a money pit.
The reason I'll want it over a 4Runner or Jeep wrangler is neither of those really have the cool factor broncos have for me. I'm not a fan of the engine in the 4runner. I've always been anti Jeep. They just always seemed clunky to me if that makes sense plus the engines aren't very thrilling either.

CombatChuk

First Name
Hernan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I've been a Wrangler guy for the last 20 years (TJ, JK, JKUR, and now LJ Rubi). I like the Bronco due to the following...

IFS (No Death Wobble, and more importantly for me, no banging and popping that's hard to diagnose)
Turbo V6 (living in Denver love the Force Induction, I'd be stoked just for the 2.7L EcoBoost 3.5 would be awesome)
Manual Transmission (Must have for me)

just972

First Name
Douglas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner, Mustang Convertible
I love my 4runner. This is the 3rd one I have owned and it is a very capable off road vehicle that drives nice on the highway as well. I really like the removable doors and top on the Bronco. I have considered a jeep in the past, however the reliability issues pushed that idea out the window. I am still not 100% sold on the Bronco- but good news is my 2019 4runner will be paid off in 23 months- just the right amount of time to see how the Bronco pans out and get some real world data.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
I had a Gen 1 Raptor and currently own a Gen 2, unless I can convince my wife that it is a good replacement for her current SUV then I would imagine we will not end up with one. She is more in line with the Assent or Explorer

The Ford Bronco Will Be Revealed In...