Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

zw470

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm tired of how slow my 4Runner is :unsure:
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want what a Wrangler offers (Modular, open top, MT available, off-road focused, etc.) but am put off by the terrible reliability and safety of them - even the JLs. The 4-Runner is great off-road and reliable, but is also boring and underpowered with no MT or open top. The Bronco seems to fill all the gaps and at a reasonable price.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the Bronco is a good mix of the Wrangler and 4Runner. It should have better on road driving than the Wrangler and better off road driving than the 4Runner.

"Overlanding" style vehicles really appeal to how I've always used my vehicles. To me 2 solid axles would be a higher priority if I did more extreme slow pace offroading.

Also I love the styling, the Wrangler is a classic look as well, but I have always been a fan of the old Scouts and Broncos.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Drove 2 LR's off-road throughout the west coast for a decade, a Defender 90 and Disco II. No issues with reliability or service issues. Disco II turned 100k miles and sold it, Defender 90 sold for an unbelievable amount since it was highly customized once I dropped there 4.6HSE engine in with the Borland exhaust system (profile picture). Love the look of the D90 but to barbaric now since I have a wife, 6 year old and new puppy Retriever on the way.

Basically waited 2 years to see the new Defender and was not impressed. For some reason on all the LR's from the Range Rover to the Discovery to the Defender my line of vision is right at the window treatment tinting in the upper 3 inches of the window. I am only 6'3" and can't believe I do not fit in any LR model well. Throw the fact that at $70-82K for one decently loaded, it is not exactly something I want to beat up, it seems more of a country tourer or mall crawler than take on the washboard roads and have some fun vehicle.

Jeeps, can't get over that a new Jeep looks the same as an older Jeep with nothing relatively different, the diesel is an attractive option. I troll eBay for modified Jeeps virtually every week, and nothing turns me on enough to pull the trigger. I do want some creature comforts, so the pre-digital dashes are too old for me and again, they all look the same.

So, the Bronco is released and I thought was beautiful for the outside. Great job and pulling in aspects from the original. Great idea of scanning the original body and keeping some proportions the same. Very nice job at exterior design. At $50-60 fully loaded, can throw the family in and run the washboard roads and medium rock climbing while the family holds on to the hand grips until their fingers are blue... haha

Biggest road block from buying one now is that I reserved a WT and wanted WHITE were I figured get everything blacked out or the white/grey interior that was CGed out in the prototypes. Ford right now shot themsleves in the foot (as far as I am concerned) with the single Bronco multicolored camo cloth and leather sandstone seats with a tan dash mess. How do I want the highest most expensive trim level, they have 200 options they organized and left me with only an Area51 trim color sandstone mess that does not match White paint (forget the grey MIC top for now) ??????????????? Hoping for a new B&P release before we have to order with 'late availability' items like BL black interior option but with power seats or do not see owning a new Bronco anytime soon.

Sponsored

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Doors and top come off.
  • Axles on all models will pretty much except 35's.
  • Carplay is standard across all trims.
  • Bronco should have a better safety rating.
  • Wash out interior.
  • Better engine options.
  • Everything should be manufactured and assembled in the USA except for the MT88.
  • Not overpriced.
  • LED lights are standard.

Skip

Big Bend
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have owned five Broncos, all big Broncos. 2-78s, 1-79, i-85 and 1-90. I have always wanted a 72-75 model, but they are made of un-obtainium unless you want to spend a year taking it apart and repairing everything. I put together a 75 for a friend, body was shot, but frame, doors, etc were in good shape. Got a tub for it and a stroked 351. Fell in love with it, but he didn't want to part with it. So the new Bronco fills my desire for an early Bronco, and has comfies for the wife. None of my jeeps ever got me over my early Bronco fix.

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
For the hype

Hard Learner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150 XL Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first real truck was a 2004 Toyota Tacoma when I was 18, and I loved it. Wish I still had the little truck, but with 200k miles on it and driving around 200 miles a day I got a new 2015 Ford F150. Always wanted a Ford, being obsessed with the Bronco growing up. Now that I can finally get my hands on one that is not rusted out and beat to death, am taking advantage of it. Especially with a new child, the experiences we can have going outdoors. The Bronco was iconic in my childhood and now I can share that experience.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The competitors are old technology (solid front axle etc) and the bronco looks way better. Also, with the bronco, you are getting ~$10k of upgrades included in the higher trims (lift, suspension, 35s) that you would have to purchase aftermarket for the jeep or toyota (that may void their warranties). And it took Jeep 100 years to make the 2006 4 door model. For some reason, that really annoys me. Now the 4 door Jeep outsells the 2 door 2:1. Dummies.

Sponsored

NoMansLand

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4Runner is appealing for better towing capacity, but it seems to be sluggish. If the TRD Pro had better color options I would still consider it though. In Ohio I doubt the roof will be off the Bronco much. The weather changes every 5 minutes here, but that is a big selling point for me. I think the 4Runner is due for a complete exterior overhaul in a year or so and this Bronco design will be an instant classic in my opinion.

SulDogger

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe Ford has created an ideal off-road overall. I am sure there will be a few new car issues, the B&P doesn’t seem to make everyone’s day, however, overall during a pandemic, I am excited to be able to purchase a 2021 model.
I had a 4Runner in the mid 200’s (my 2nd favorite car thus far).
My wife currently drives a Wrangler.
I currently drive a F150 (my favorite car).
As I’ve aged I desire more utilitarian vehicles and I am not in love with the Saraha Wrangler we own, engine is lacking, cloth interior, and other small items.
I believe Ford to be a better car manufacturer and have had zero issues with my 3.5 eco F150.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the new Bronco design and like the engineering. I also like the independent front suspension for better road manners. Doubt I will ever go so extreme that I would suffer from from that. Jeeps have been tempting over the years, but the new Bronco easily pushed me to want to buy one. Nothing against Jeeps. I just like the Bronco more. The 4Runner is too old a design.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not anymore. At this point I’m 99% out on the Bronco. Something about all of this has really been rubbing me wrong lately. I don’t know if it’s the delays, misinformation, lack of the actual ability to build the vehicle I want how I want it..... the packages tied to only certain models, no manual with the V6. It’s a first year model Ford that I’m looking at dropping $50k+ into. For what? The sway bar disconnect is the only thing keeping me thinking about it at all. I’ve had 2 4Runners before and loved them. Yes they’re “under” powered and need a refresh but for less than $50k I’m getting a CPO TRD Pro and not rolling the dice on the first year model and see how it plays out with the Bronco. I’ll be driving my 2013 F150 Lariat when I get back from this overseas tour so it’s not like I’m in a jalopy so I can make the most informed decision then and test drive some vehicles...... kinda bummed though because I was really excited about this release but as the days go by sensibility is creeping into the picture.
Sponsored