Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

scuba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shocking, but it's the lane keep assist (in a top-off vehicle). If the 2021 Wrangler gets lane-keep, I'll have a tough call. I have a 52 miles round trip commute, mostly on the interstate, on which the '21 bronco will be my daily driver, and based on test-driving an '18 Tahoe with lane keep assist / lane nudge, it feels like it's the killer app in a vehicle, and I swore to not buy another vehicle without it. (currently drive an older tahoe)

The bronco definitely is also otherwise a nicer choice than the wrangler (washout interior, IFS, more open roof), but it's frustrating being hemmed-in to the Badlands trim just because I want washout interior and the high / lux package.

Don't get me wrong, I've been to Moab 3x (in rented Wranglers ...hahaha), but will never use the DISCO, like the lighter BD MGV seats better, and will need to / ought to stay non-squatch b/c of the 50 miles of highway on my commute, so my feelings were hurt a little that the BD trim won't let me add high/lux.

UPDATE: Please let me know if someone finds a source for whether the 392 Rubicon or other 2021 Wrangler has lane keep.
Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
4 Runner is ugly, Jeep is played out, and I’m generally a Ford guy. (Fiesta ST, Fusion Sport, GT350R.)

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shocking, but it's the lane keep assist (in a top-off vehicle). If the 2021 Wrangler gets lane-keep, I'll have a tough call. I have a 52 miles round trip commute, mostly on the interstate, on which the '21 bronco will be my daily driver, and based on test-driving an '18 Tahoe with lane keep assist / lane nudge, it feels like it's the killer app in a vehicle, and I swore to not buy another vehicle without it. (currently drive an older tahoe)

The bronco definitely is also otherwise a nicer choice than the wrangler (washout interior, IFS, more open roof), but it's frustrating being hemmed-in to the Badlands trim just because I want washout interior and the high / lux package.

Don't get me wrong, I've been to Moab 3x (in rented Wranglers ...hahaha), but will never use the DISCO, like the lighter BD MGV seats better, and will need to / ought to stay non-squatch b/c of the 50 miles of highway on my commute, so my feelings were hurt a little that the BD trim won't let me add high/lux.

UPDATE: Please let me know if someone finds a source for whether the 392 Rubicon or other 2021 Wrangler has lane keep.
The Wench’s Fusion has this. If it’s the same there are two modes: one alerts you and one steers the car. The later is a bit un-nerving.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have a 4-Runner in the driveway now if the frame didn't have a 4 year lifespan in States where snow removal involved caustic chemicals. Hopefully Ford does better.

Everybody has a Wrangler, I like to be a little different (Indian instead of Harley, SLK55 instead of Mustang/Corvette, WRX instead of Camry, goes on for my whole life, from V-2 and V-4 (Honda VF1100S) to V-12 (XJS) and everything in between.) Frame rust took one of my favorites before its time, 1972 Datsun 240z, that straight six engine is in the top three engines of all of them.

Once the Bronco is everywhere, I might just go ahead and trade it in for something else. Not a lot of competition in the manual SUV though. Will have fun until then.

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Love the Bronco. However, have made the final determination that MY21 isn't going to cut it for me and just now cancelled my reservation. Most everybody moves up one! I am not the least bit down on Ford or the Bronco. This is a really exciting vehicle. Confident I will be more satisfied with configurations and options several years down the road. In the meantime, it's going to be a 2021 4Runner or its tarted-up V-8 cousin.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried to buy a 4Runner, just a few months ago. I had a very poor dealer experience and never placed the order. Just about that time Ford announced that they would begin accepting reservations so I put my $100 down and figured I'd wait and see. I am pretty well set on the Ford, but I'm not brand loyal. The 4Runner and the Bronco are very similar in price. I've owned a Wrangler and thought I'd buy another when the 4Runner experience happened, but again, Ford started taking reservations. I'm really looking to see how the dust settles; although, I guess I'm ordering a Bronco in just a few weeks now, so if Toyota announces something significant I may try another dealer and go that route. Not really sure. I get less-and-less excited about the Bronco everyday.

My real motivation for a new vehicle is I just want a fairly plain-Jane, purpose-built, vehicle. I've been playing in the deserts and mountains my whole life, in the water and climbing rocks. Getting there and back is half the fun. One of my first experiences driving was a first-gen Bronco out in the Mojave desert. The second vehicle I owned was a 1972 IH Scout II and I explored every dirt road I could find. My first "new" vehicle was a Jeep TJ. I just need a two-door utility vehicle that will get me to and from remote campsites. We have a lot of places where we can camp in Oregon, dispersed camping, without a formal campground. My gear is pretty minimal, a carryover from my climbing days I guess, and I want to be able to put it in granny-low, and plug-along up the narrow rocky mountain roads to a place I can camp, maybe fish, and just get away. The Bronco is way more than I want, but it's the closest thing to checking (most of) the boxes. Too bad I can't get a Suzuki Jimny; except the price has really climbed over the last decade or so.

So, I want a vehicle with a 2-speed t-case, a true low-range, lockers front and rear. That's most of what I need in a vehicle. Maybe I should be looking at SxS, haha!

4runner4gotten

First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
I'm a cheerleader for Toyota, having owned a Camry for 12 years and currently owner of a 4Runner for 13 years. The only thing I've had to do to them is change the battery, change the oil, and keep the tires rotated. I've been eyeing the 4Runner TRD PRO and am sad to learn that Toyota still plans on offering the same antiquated 5-speed automatic transmission and v6 engine for 2021 and has said they will no longer offer v8 in any vehicle less than 90k. I won't be buying anything until 2022 or 2023 so hopefully I'll have made my decision by then.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The top and doors come off, it comes with a manual transmission and isnt a Wrangler. There are no other choices for new vehicle with these features.

If Toyota made a removable top manual 4Runner or FJ again, I would def be interested

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The top and doors come off, it comes with a manual transmission and isnt a Wrangler. There are no other choices for new vehicle with these features.

If Toyota made a removable top manual 4Runner or FJ again, I would def be interested
On the other side of the coin if Ford made a fixed hardtop version with a real headliner I would be all over it.

I tried to sell her on a 4Runner... no dice.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmm, let me think at least four 4Runners and they were all awesome in everyway. Yotas are reliable; they just are. I have had five Fords (3 F150s [two of which are Roushed out], one F250 7.3 built, and a 72 loaded big block bird). I love both brands.
Sponsored