Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never even considered a 4runner, period

Manual available with 2.3/V6 options, ifs for smoother driving, removable top and doors, and something different from all the zillions of _J's or J_'s you see on the road
Sponsored

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me, the thing right now is I didn't like the Jeeps when I sat in them, and also don't like the direction that the Grand Cherokee is going. I've sat in a LOT of vehicles back in the before days... and the only one I really liked was the Discovery Sport. The Jeeps just don't have well designed interiors, and the 4Runner is overkill with knobs and cramped.

So hoping the Bronco or the Bronco Sport is better with interior design.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love jeeps but if I spent new car money on one it'd be a rebuilding my CJ. Also living on Maui you have to seriously modify your jeep to not look like a tourist. Toyotas ugh, why are they even included. They are fat, slow, ugly, fragile, Ive seen frame mount and rocker rust in lest that 5 years on em. They are just terrible.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've owned 5 Wranglers over the years and never had a significant issue with any one of them. IF I were to switch I'll make a pros and cons list of each and see where each lands. Things I'm looking forward to in the Bronco- IFS, better MPG, better interior and better price (?).

ferg

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Been a Ford fan forever, and this fills the daily driving/family friendly/weekend fun niche that my TJ does not. No brainer for me.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was looking at 4runner since the FJ was no longer in production. The Yota is interesting for a lot of reasons to me but that said I will wait for a Bronco. My biggest complaint with the 4Runner is the driveline power and mpg are just so dated. Sure the engine is proven and reliable but I think Ford has stepped up with the ecoboost engines over the years and for the premium price a Toyota commands to me it is too much.

Jeep...have not been a fan since the 4.0 I6 went bye bye to me they still dont have an engine worthy of being its replacement. Not even on the radar to get a new jeep...not a fan of FCA.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
4Runner is ancient and Jeeps are poorly made. Both are overpriced for what you get
They both have RIDICULOUS resale though. And 4Runners will last forever. They're rock solid...That's why so many people buy them, and that's why it's at the top of my list with the Bronco.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They both have RIDICULOUS resale though. And 4Runners will last forever. They're rock solid...That's why so many people buy them, and that's why it's at the top of my list with the Bronco.

Also, the reliability of the EcoBoost engines are improving.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. if the bronco wasn't coming out, we would be getting another 4runner.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been a Ford guy long enough that I wouldn't buy anything else. I'm not sold on Bronco yet. I'm still considering an Explorer ST.

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've always loved the early model Broncos, but also need it to be a daily driver. Jeeps are great, but if the Bronco rides better and looks as good as some of the renders/spy shots, I'm sold. I also hate that you can't drive 5 miles without seeing a half dozen Jeeps.
Try living in Hawaii. 4 door wranglers and convertible mustangs as far as the eye can see. Luckily they've been held at bay due to our mandatory 14-day quarantine for all arrivals, but I'm sure they'll be back out in force in no time.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is why I bought a 4runner while waiting for the Bronco. A new (to me) vehicle turned into a need and couldn't wait any longer. Plus I stole this thing (if resale holds which it should). I'm enjoying it so far. Great fishing rig. Planning some trips to OBX to do some surf fishing/camping this fall. Seems like it'll be great for that. I've already camped in it a few times which is new for me. I don't think I'll go back to a tent. Hope the 4door Bronco has enough space to sleep in. After the f150 I'm really curious what Ford is giving us in the Bronco. I love the generator offering. A bunch of utility features. Nothing revolutionary, but some very practical and useful things. I'm alllll about that.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is why I bought a 4runner while waiting for the Bronco. A new (to me) vehicle turned into a need and couldn't wait any longer. Plus I stole this thing (if resale holds which it should). I'm enjoying it so far. Great fishing rig. Planning some trips to OBX to do some surf fishing/camping this fall. Seems like it'll be great for that. I've already camped in it a few times which is new for me. I don't think I'll go back to a tent. Hope the 4door Bronco has enough space to sleep in. After the f150 I'm really curious what Ford is giving us in the Bronco. I love the generator offering. A bunch of utility features. Nothing revolutionary, but some very practical and useful things. I'm alllll about that.
something really useful that I mentioned a while back was the lay flat seats. Honestly surprised trust happened. *cough* NOW MAKE IT A FULL BENCH SEAT *cough* and we will be all set!

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

something really useful that I mentioned a while back was the lay flat seats. Honestly surprised trust happened. *cough* NOW MAKE IT A FULL BENCH SEAT *cough* and we will be all set!
Oh, that made me think of another reason I'm disappointed with Jeep. I've had 2 door and 4 door Wranglers over the years and I was hoping to go back to a 2 door. I wish the backseat in a 2 door Wrangler was more than what it is today. Split and fold or something that made it more useful and flexible.

I did love the fold flat front seats that Ford showed off in the new F-150. That truck has some great features. Maybe I'll consider that if the Bronco doesn't wow me.
Sponsored