Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

abnormal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't decided yet...and I may not be able to wait almost another year. I've owned several 1985-1988 Toyota pickups. I like first gen Tacos. I know it's shallow, but I can't imagine buying a current gen Taco...they look too much like Chevys. If the Bronco release date doesn't change...a JLU diesel might be in my future.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally, its nostalgia for me. My Dad had an 87 and I loved it. It would've ended up being my first vehicle if it hadn't become a money pit.
The reason I'll want it over a 4Runner or Jeep wrangler is neither of those really have the cool factor broncos have for me. I'm not a fan of the engine in the 4runner. I've always been anti Jeep. They just always seemed clunky to me if that makes sense plus the engines aren't very thrilling either.

CombatChuk

Badlands
First Name
Hernan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been a Wrangler guy for the last 20 years (TJ, JK, JKUR, and now LJ Rubi). I like the Bronco due to the following...

IFS (No Death Wobble, and more importantly for me, no banging and popping that's hard to diagnose)
Turbo V6 (living in Denver love the Force Induction, I'd be stoked just for the 2.7L EcoBoost 3.5 would be awesome)
Manual Transmission (Must have for me)

just972

Wildtrak
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner, Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love my 4runner. This is the 3rd one I have owned and it is a very capable off road vehicle that drives nice on the highway as well. I really like the removable doors and top on the Bronco. I have considered a jeep in the past, however the reliability issues pushed that idea out the window. I am still not 100% sold on the Bronco- but good news is my 2019 4runner will be paid off in 23 months- just the right amount of time to see how the Bronco pans out and get some real world data.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a Gen 1 Raptor and currently own a Gen 2, unless I can convince my wife that it is a good replacement for her current SUV then I would imagine we will not end up with one. She is more in line with the Assent or Explorer

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I actually have a 2021 Rubicon Hellayella on order. I'm still eagerly awaiting July 13. To tell you the truth, I've been waiting a while for the Bronco, but feel the Jeep is such a classic, timeless look.

With that said, I have the Bronco's brother in my garage (Shelby GT350R) so I feel I owe it to my car to look at this Bronco. And the more Ford leaks the more excited I get. It's looking better than I anticipated and the IFS is something that has me intrigued.

If I can get into a Bronco spec'd the way I want it for around the same price as a Rubi, I'm not sure what I'll do but I do plan on reserving on Monday, so I have all my options open.

R

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve owned one Gen 2 (wife’s car) 4Runner, Gen 1, 2, and 3 Tacos, F-150 FX4, and 91 Jeep Wrangler (so pre FCA crap). I loved them all for various reasons and was shopping for a F-150 to buy early next year. I currently drive a tuned 2019 VW Tiguan with custom lift and modes for over landing (but it sucks...). I tried since it was a company development vehicle but just not cutting it. I am new to wanting a Bronco and just joined here.

My reasonings are very similar to what everyone else has said.

Toyota’s are stupid reliable, and good value retainers, but interior and modern features haven’t been touched in most of their platforms since 2012. Yeah Apple Play and a touch larger screen for some models in 2020. Ehh. Day late and a dollar short IMO.

Jeeps I really like but again fit and finish is improved but I personally don’t like FCA. Worked with them in previous jobs and no thanks. To the diehards, I get it, Jeeps are cool and do your thing.

This seems to fit my needs. Looks, modern touches, off-road capable, I like Ford, I’ve had good luck with Fords, myself, and my family.

Now, I’m pretty much all-in. Barring something just stupid pushing me off the rails I’ll be in-line come Monday. Signed the pre-pre crap with a local dealer but not sure that really matters.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back when I used to work in construction, occasionally I had to take the 1982 dump truck, well, to the dump. Test driving a Jeep felt kinda like that.
lol, come on now. It's not like that, it's more fun.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, has anyone mentioned they want a bronco cause it's got a cool horse on it? lol

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler? 235C3114-E3BA-424C-AD35-1848D079497A

What's this "pre-pre crap" you speak of?
Just this but were the only local dealer doing it. Guaranteed no higher than MSRP and $500 accessory credit with guaranteed place in line. No idea how I confirm that though.

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I won't buy another Toyota. Toyota bought back 3 cars from me. A Camry for "oil sludging" or some crap, a 1998 4runner, and a tundra for a blown motor within 500 miles. I use to love them. My Family growing up has had an FJ40, 1993 Landcruiser, 1984 Land Cruiser, 1986 4Runner, diesel Camry, diesel corolla, and a early 90s Toyota pickup. I don't know what happened to them but Toyota has shit the bed as far as I am concerned. My 2007 JKU has been reliable but has no balls. Literally just barely 200 hp and u put some E-load range 35"s on it and even regeared its still a dog. I hope the 2.7 Ecoboost and the 4.7 gear ratio allow me to rock some 37s with no problem.

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a 91 wrangler - loved doors roof stuff obviously. Pulled the floor plugs, it was already older when I got it. Had a lot of fun.

- hated vacuum lines for 4wd. Hated them. Bothered me bouncing down the highway. Hated the absolutely gutless nature of the truck.

Had an 89 taco - loved that truck with every oz. of my being. Locking hubs up front, previous owner out in a pop up sunroof. Four cylinder five speed was strong enough to get through anything. Awesome awesome truck. Easily outperformed my wrangler off road.

- frame cracked driving to school over traintracks. Unfortunate.

- both had manual transmissions (huge deal to me)

Side note : was looking at two door coyote 4wd f150 for when I graduate next summer. Cheapest option is around $37k new.

So this bronco seems to combine all of the best parts of these three trucks.
- roof doors
- manual trans
- superior off road capability
- highway manners
- waterproof everything
- enough power from the 4cyl for anything I would need
- price comparable to lowest level f150 with 4wd

drogers

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 m3, ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Choosing it over everything that's not a wrangler because it's topless, and choosing it over the wrangler because I'm tired of FCA quality... Plus TBH what I've seen so far looks so much more thought out and well packaged. And sexy!
Sponsored