Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've wanted a two door Bronco my whole life.

Can't afford a 4Runner. Jeep Death Wobble. No FIAT for me. Plus, as so many people stated, WAY too many Sheeps around. I want to drive something a little more unique (for now, anyway).
Lol, Jeep death wobble. Not to worry, "it's a Jeep thing" lol, fuck me, "hey, if you're driving your 60K Jeep down the road at 50 mph and the fucking steering all of a sudden becomes unresponsive, bouncing back and forth, don't fucking worry, it's a Jeep thing, ENJOY THE RIDE MOTHER FUCKER"

I have a Rubi on order by the way because I figured, the coolness of a convertible Jeep that can climb or get me through anything I could accept the occasional "death wobble" and all the other bullshit that comes with the Jeep. -- That was until this AWESOME Bronco came into view. I still have the Rubi order, but I know that I will hate myself so much if I choose the Rubi over this friggin Bronco. Bronco is right on the money and executed perfectly. Some options are still to be desired, but overall, exactly what I wanted. I'd personally like the Wildtrak grill on my Badlands reservation but maybe that will be an option? Hey, at least we're not opting in to death wobbles! If the grill is the only issue, wtf cares! haha

I have 3 bronco reservations at 3 different dealerships! Can't wait.

Anyone wanna buy a 2019 Golf R manual?

R
Sponsored

EcobeastRyan

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 fusion se
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me it’s the price. But also I love the boxy bulldog look of the new bronco. Atleast that’s how it looks to me

Macloven

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500e, Svartpilen 401
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First post here, order for 4d Badlands put in a couple of days ago. What got me was the top off and manual options. I'm a dyed in the wool manual convertible guy so the prospect of some 4wd fun and top off were too good. Many years ago had a 4runner and did some serious off-roading in that thing, so looking forward to the joy again.

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First post here, order for 4d Badlands put in a couple of days ago. What got me was the top off and manual options. I'm a dyed in the wool manual convertible guy so the prospect of some 4wd fun and top off were too good. Many years ago had a 4runner and did some serious off-roading in that thing, so looking forward to the joy again.

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I buy the 4 door Bronco Badlands if the rear seats fold flat. 2020 $ Runner the rear seats fold flat and they also fold flat in the 2020 Grand Cherokee. I ahve two large dog crates in th abck of my 2012 Grand Cherokee and I need the same in any replace vehicle. I do like the current interior with vinly seats and rubber floor since my herding dogs and I often bring a lot of mud and sheep poop in the Jeep

Dave Apker

Sponsored

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate a lot of things about a Tacoma, but Toyota cockpits are too small for me.

The Defender is boring. I was very interested to see how it would turn out since I really like the old ones. I was disappointed. It looks too much like an average SUV to get my attention.

I drive a JKU Wrangler now. It's not perfect but I do love it. We've driven from Florida to California, trips to Colorado, hitting trails in New Mexico and Texas. It's been very reliable other than getting a cracked windshield on nearly every road trip.

I was planning on buying a Gladiator Mojave in Gator that is coming to my dealer's lot this month. Was going to turn it into an overland rig. I am happy that it wasn't available last month. I would have regretted that purchase now.

So it comes to the Bronco. The bottom line is that the design and engineering teams created a truly outstanding vehicle. I can't imagine what it took in the corporate world to make this truck happen to the level that it did. They really set out to build a more modern and all around superior vehicle to Wranglers. They had a clean slate to start from and they took full advantage of it. Every little thing is an improvement from the storable doors to the mirrors, to the sport bar, to 35s from the factory without the need to re-gear or reprogram or lift, to the 12" screen with modern interface design to the overall look of it!

I wheel in the Jeep but nothing that the Bronco can't handle. The ride will be better on long trips but it will still be able to do any trails that I will hit. The FE that I reserved may be $65k, but the Gladiator was $60k the way I was going to get it. And with the Gladiator I would have had to put on a lift and new wheels/tires right after I drove it out the door. And new gears. At a minimum. The Bronco actually ends up being less expensive.

Kudos to the entire Bronco team!

Virtualdru

First Edition
First Name
dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, AT4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My JL Steering is the main damn reason... I've spent too much money on trying to get the steering right... smart steer steering components, synergy brace, stabilizers, etc. My 2012 JK still steers better.

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My JL Steering is the main damn reason... I've spent too much money on trying to get the steering right... smart steer steering components, synergy brace, stabilizers, etc. My 2012 JK still steers better.

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In certain areas of the country by this time in 2021 Ford will have $5K rebates on the Bronco and be selling them for 8% under dealer invoice like Wrangler JLU Rubis if Biden wins. If your area has military bases, DOD facilities, and large DOD/Intel contractor population the economy will crash and things will get worse because of large DOD cuts.Things will get even grimer for FY23 and FY24.

Dave

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In certain areas of the country by this time in 2021 Ford will have $5K rebates on the Bronco and be selling them for 8% under dealer invoice like Wrangler JLU Rubis if Biden wins. If your area has military bases, DOD facilities, and large DOD/Intel contractor population the economy will crash and things will get worse because of large DOD cuts.Things will get even grimer for FY23 and FY24.

Dave
I see....so you're saying not to buy because you're so sure there will be 5K rebates and 8% under invoice price TWO MONTHS after it hits the showroom floor?

By the way, in case you didn't do the math, you'd get a 60K bronco for $43000 (8% is 12K, plus your 5K in rebates) ...

Or did I miss something with your post...if that's true, hell yes, I can wait for this dismal future.

Sponsored

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see....so you're saying not to buy because you're so sure there will be 5K rebates and 8% under invoice price TWO MONTHS after it hits the showroom floor?

By the way, in case you didn't do the math, you'd get a 60K bronco for $43000 (8% is 12K, plus your 5K in rebates) ...

Or did I miss something with your post...if that's true, hell yes, I can wait for this dismal future.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JLU Rubicons typically in the DC area sell for way under dealer invoice. 8 to 12%. You can get 1% under invoice in the US by being a member of Tread Lightly on any Jeep. Check out Koons Jeep in Tyosons Corner. Buying a Bronco now and not testing driving it isnt the brightest move but these folks are buying in the hopes of selling it for big bucks when they are delivered next April. Next April after three months of President Biden and VP" I do my best work on my knees" Harris, Treasury secretary Comrade Lizzie Warren and AOC as head of the EPA the Dow Jones will be at 15,000 and new car sales will crash in the US. Think Justine Trudeau but suffering from senile dementia.

If Biden is elected real estate prices in the DC area will crash big time because the DOD contractors will all be in trouble big time.

Dave
OKay...politics aside. I'm Canadian, hate that Trudeau fake bastard, and I don't go to the US very often, but I see Trump winning again anyway. No way some old, Biden is gonna win....but seriously, lets not get into that shit.

On to more ON TOPIC matters

You either trust Ford on a first year model (of which the engines are proven motors and well, lets face it their advancements in technology are ahead of Jeep, and I don't mean the entertainment system...technology as in the whole car, suspension, motors, navigation, terrain management, etc....) or you just get a Jeep with ALL the "known" issues they have. Any way you shake a stick at it, the Bronco WILL drive better simply because of its IFS design and well, there's no death wobble with IFS. haha. Lets not forget that the Bronco will no doubt steer where you tell it too...unlike the Wrangler where the steering wheel has little affect on which way the car goes (obv I'm exaggerating here, but I still make my point)

Soooooo, do you take a chance with Ford? I say, judging by the "known" issues I've read about and "accepted" on the the Jeep forums before placing my Rubicon order that ya, I feel the Bronco will serve many of us quite well. There may be a few recalls. A few fixes at service bay due to it being first year, but the JLU is now in its 4th year and it still has issues that people are complaining about. There are quite a few threads on those forums about "my jeep is a lemon, forcing FCA to buyback", "lawyer time, my jeep sucks", "my jeep almost killed my family", "my jeep's ess is malfunctioning, car stopped on the highway", "my ess is malfunctioning, my car is dead and wont start", "my diesel is throwing errors, nobody knows how to fix it", "oh my, my jeep almost killed me when I rolled it because of death wobble....can't wait for my insurance money so I CAN GO BUY ANOTHER JEEP, ONLY FOR THIS TO HAPPEN AGAIN"....etc, etc, etc....

Sorry for the rant, but I've been spending a lot of time on both forums, and the comparisons and shit talk I read AGAINST the Bronco over there is sometimes irretating, and they all think their beloved Jeep will be around forever just because it's a Jeep but the reality is it sells ~225,000 wranglers a year, Explorer sells about the same.

I feel Bronco sales will chip away a lot of Jeep sales, some Explorer sales with the Bronco Sport, and probably quite a lot of Escape sales.

The Bronco has developed quite a brand and line-up. Affecting many different segments. If Bronco can sell HALF as many as Explorer sales, you can bet those sales would have gone to a Jeep last year...does that mean Jeep sales will go down to 100,000 units? That's pretty low for such a money maker for FCA. Mustang sells 100,000 a year, but we all know that will (hopefully) never go anywhere.

The sticky situation is not who's in office it's when the car sales as a whole will pick up due to this covid stuff going on...

R

bossing

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff...
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like Jeep Wranglers and Toyota trucks (owned them before)... but the new Bronco is a game changer IMO. Aesthetics, retro-modern design, heritage, manual/ecoboost, topnotch off-road capabilities, features & amenities, unique components, customization possibilities, reasonable base price, and the fact that to me Ford has proven how much fun & reliable their late model sport utility vehicles can be.... I'm so happy with my Raptor therefore I feel the Bronco would also provide a rewarding ownership experience as well.

A win win IMHO.

47x

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
400 ft/lbs of torque. My Tacoma isn’t anywhere near that and it’s in the wrong part of the powerband.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

hoping the top doesn’t leak, and the motor is stronger.

Ford Bronco Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler? 639BBD9B-E7BF-4F8D-8A10-1AD59050342C
Sponsored