Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easily removable top and IFS.
Sponsored

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not choosing the Bronco. I was interested when I saw the first photos and specs in the summer, but I'm probably in the minority here in that I don't want a removable roof and doors. If they made a model with a regular roof and doors I'd be more likely to buy. So I went with a 2021 4Runner TRD Pro. I like its looks at least as much as the new Bronco design, and it's a proven quantity. I tend not to be an early adopter, so I'm content to revisit the Bronco in five years when they have the kinks worked out and compare it with whatever Toyota does with the next gen 4Runner.

The Bronco looks like a fun vehicle though. I'm excited to hear first-hand reports when they start getting delivered.

Last edited:

UnionMade

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Lexus LX450
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
If I could get(or made) a $30k, 2dr 4runner new w/manual, I would. Never would own a Jeep Wrangler again. My 2014 JKU had a leak at the rear main & Rear Axle by 80k miles (leveling kit & 33in tires), oh and the doors were stolen.

I also own a 1996 Land Cruiser. I’d sell my new Bronco before getting rid of the LC.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I could get(or made) a $30k, 2dr 4runner new w/manual, I would. Never would own a Jeep Wrangler again. My 2014 JKU had a leak at the rear main & Rear Axle by 80k miles (leveling kit & 33in tires), oh and the doors were stolen.

I also own a 1996 Land Cruiser. I’d sell my new Bronco before getting rid of the LC.
Toyota would be really creative if they made a new two and 4 door 4runner, just doesn’t seem like the Japanese style. I am curious about a new 4runner.
Still think Ford should come out with a hybrid bronco sooner

UnionMade

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Lexus LX450
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Toyota would be really creative if they made a new two and 4 door 4runner, just doesn’t seem like the Japanese style. I am curious about a new 4runner.
Still think Ford should come out with a hybrid bronco sooner
I thought the FJ was too round & the footwell wasn’t deep enough, kinda like the tacoma. Like sitting on a beanbag.

they’re seeing What Ford does with the Bronco. Toyota is totally coming out with a Jeep competitor. I hope it isn’t lame like the FJ.

Sponsored

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
I love my 2019 two door Rubicon. I wanted the Bronco for the smoother ride, more powerful V6 and taller ride height (i ordered sasquatch). My Jeep has leather interior, better alpine sound system and a disconnecting sway bar. There are pros and cons for each. Unfortunately I still don't have my two door Bronco and have no idea when to expect it. Every time I ride in my JL I love it a little more so all is good for now but this wait for the Bronco is beyond ridiculous at this point.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I only drive Fords

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like someone else stated it’s a Ford the others are not, it’s a Bronco the others are not. So in reality nothing else compares.

DJN1985

Base
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Super Duty 7.3, ZF6, 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. It's a Ford. 2. Styling. 3. The fact that I can get the base model with the off road package and manual trans.

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've owned 2 Wranglers (JK & JLU Sahara). I've also owned a 5th gen 4Runner. They all have their pros and cons, but I've always been waiting for Ford to bring back the Bronco. The 4Runner is tried and true, big, huge storage space, but slow and dinosaur techonology. The JLU had lots of technology updates, but I hated that it didn't feel planted enough riding down the interstate on very windy days.
The Bronco I know has the technology piece, enough speed, "cool" factor, EB-like look, and capability all in one, which I missed some of those factors between the Wranglers and 4Runner.
When it comes down to it...it's all just personal preference.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Holy Resurrected Thread Batman! But to answer the question, because its a Bronco and I've always wanted one.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeeps are hell to drive, uncomfortable, noisy, catch fire... 4Runners are way to big and expensive to me, and Toyota doesn't make the FJ anymore, so i am giving Ford a try. I would never have come to Ford if the FJ was still made. I've had one for 11 years, and if they were still available new at a decent price, would buy another.

Last edited:

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs