First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is my prediction. If somebody made it before me, my hats off to you. I am waiting patiently for Ford to provide more information regarding the "PERFORMANCE DERIVATIVE OF 2021 BRONCO." I do not think it will be the full Raptor/Warthog, but an up desert variant of the Bronco, somewhere between the Wildtrak/Badland and FE. FE may be kept as the top level vehicle, it is the FE.
If I were to compare the top Bronco offerings to Jeep Wranglers (ignoring the FE), I would say...

1. The Badland is competition for the Rubicon.

2. The Wildtrak is the competition for Rubicon-ish "Altitude" more lux style - level determined by med, high, or lux package.

3. I think the performance derivative of the Bronco for 2021 will be competition as a runner against the Jeep Mojave, and TRD Off Road and Sport, but not on the level of the raptor or TRD Pro.

4. The Competition for the Raptor and TRD Pro will come with the Full Warthog in 2022 or 2023.

Note: as you know SAS is not a trim as you know, it is just a capability change in this discussion. And I'm ignoring the other desert offerings as I have not been too impressed.

Here is my thinking.

Ford knows there is a market for an up version like what they are teasing; see the next paragraph for why I think they know this. They also know they are not ready in the development to offer a full Raptor/Warthog, but to fully capture the customer base that is willing to spend more they have a Raptor/Warthog inspired Trim, which may be had on some trims in lieu of SAS, to make them dollars.

How do they know people with spend that? Because we have demonstrated to them we are willing since the beginning. Back when we could not change dealers and things were super fuzzy, I was on the phone with Ford Marketing and one of the awesome customer service agents sounded so exhausted about and by the Bronco. This was late July. I asked if Ford had any plans to open up a waiting list for the FE, if people don't keep the reservation. I said I was bummed I missed both opportunities. Here is where the conversation is interesting. And I have nothing but my word on this. I do not know the specifics beyond what they told me but... they said the second FE offering was... I am not sure what it was called but. When they opened the website to reservations in July, there was an error and there was no limit the number of FEs which could be reserved on the website. It was a programming bug. When the 3501st person reserved their's, the website said OK and reserved it, and then kept going. By the time they realized the numbers exceeded 3500 and fixed it, they were close to the 7000 number. So the FE was opened back up and set the new limit to 7000 FEs. I do not know how many they had to be reserved in the second offering but they were out within hours, I tried to get one but was not fast enough.

The customer service person was very nice, sympathetic about my cruddy dealer, and it felt like we were both stuck in the quagmire of Ford Bureaucracy. There was nothing to be done that day.

Anyway, I do not want the full Raptor/Warthog, but if I can get a desert runner, and if I can by my baby kitted out with a longer stance and some Fox suspension underneath from the Factory I'll be happy. This is the vehicle I have been waiting for, built to run, not crawl. Ford, you got me...
Sponsored

Deleted member 9490

If the Warthog/Braptor is available for order in December I am 100% switching from FE to that. Otherwise, Ill still likely keep the FE because I am hoping it holds the best resale value. My end goal is the Raptor variant of the bronco.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is my prediction. If somebody made it before me, my hats off to you. I am waiting patiently for Ford to provide more information regarding the "PERFORMANCE DERIVATIVE OF 2021 BRONCO." I do not think it will be the full Raptor/Warthog, but an up desert variant of the Bronco, somewhere between the Wildtrak/Badland and FE. FE may be kept as the top level vehicle, it is the FE.
If I were to compare the top Bronco offerings to Jeep Wranglers (ignoring the FE), I would say...

1. The Badland is competition for the Rubicon.

2. The Wildtrak is the competition for Rubicon-ish "Altitude" more lux style - level determined by med, high, or lux package.

3. I think the performance derivative of the Bronco for 2021 will be competition as a runner against the Jeep Mojave, and TRD Off Road and Sport, but not on the level of the raptor or TRD Pro.

4. The Competition for the Raptor and TRD Pro will come with the Full Warthog in 2022 or 2023.

Note: as you know SAS is not a trim as you know, it is just a capability change in this discussion. And I'm ignoring the other desert offerings as I have not been too impressed.

Here is my thinking.

Ford knows there is a market for an up version like what they are teasing; see the next paragraph for why I think they know this. They also know they are not ready in the development to offer a full Raptor/Warthog, but to fully capture the customer base that is willing to spend more they have a Raptor/Warthog inspired Trim, which may be had on some trims in lieu of SAS, to make them dollars.

How do they know people with spend that? Because we have demonstrated to them we are willing since the beginning. Back when we could not change dealers and things were super fuzzy, I was on the phone with Ford Marketing and one of the awesome customer service agents sounded so exhausted about and by the Bronco. This was late July. I asked if Ford had any plans to open up a waiting list for the FE, if people don't keep the reservation. I said I was bummed I missed both opportunities. Here is where the conversation is interesting. And I have nothing but my word on this. I do not know the specifics beyond what they told me but... they said the second FE offering was... I am not sure what it was called but. When they opened the website to reservations in July, there was an error and there was no limit the number of FEs which could be reserved on the website. It was a programming bug. When the 3501st person reserved their's, the website said OK and reserved it, and then kept going. By the time they realized the numbers exceeded 3500 and fixed it, they were close to the 7000 number. So the FE was opened back up and set the new limit to 7000 FEs. I do not know how many they had to be reserved in the second offering but they were out within hours, I tried to get one but was not fast enough.

The customer service person was very nice, sympathetic about my cruddy dealer, and it felt like we were both stuck in the quagmire of Ford Bureaucracy. There was nothing to be done that day.

Anyway, I do not want the full Raptor/Warthog, but if I can get a desert runner, and if I can by my baby kitted out with a longer stance and some Fox suspension underneath from the Factory I'll be happy. This is the vehicle I have been waiting for, built to run, not crawl. Ford, you got me...
Did not read. It is what it is.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the Warthog/Braptor is available for order in December I am 100% switching from FE to that. Otherwise, Ill still likely keep the FE because I am hoping it holds the best resale value. My end goal is the Raptor variant of the bronco.
You've gotta wonder what the Raptor version will do to the value of the rest of the Bronco lineup? That's the one many will be after. If Ford makes it a Limited edition, that will really add value.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just because Ford trademarks a name, doesn't mean they are actually going to use it. They can just trademark a word, name, etc. just to keep the competition from being able to use that name on future products. I say don't wait for something that you aren't even sure is going to happen. Get the Bronco, and if and when the Warthog comes out, trade it in for one.
Carroll Shelby called up his lawyer and told him to trademark "King of the Road" in 1969. His lawyer said hed do it first thing in the morning. Shelby responded that by than hed have a new lawyer. Lawyer called back shortly after that to inform Shelby he now owned the "King of the Road" trademark. Shelby feared Chevy would get it before him. That's why in 1970 the Shelbys say GT 500KR.

Just goes to show you how important a name can be to patent, even if its never used.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Warthog is cool, but how much better is it going to be than wildtrak or a 2.7/SQ build? For me it’s not like the F-150 where an average spec might be a 3 on the capability scale and the Raptor is an 8. A wildtrak or even base model/2.7/SQ is a 6 on the capability scale and the Warthog might be an 8.

No doubt will be awesome, but we’ll probably see less warthogs running around than Raptors
This ^ other than a power bump or unique engine how much better could it be than any other Bronco from an OEM standpoint? The raptor considerably upgrades the f 150 off road abilities so to me its not exactly apples to apples

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rumor has it, the interior will be available in ONLY Army Green.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This ^ other than a power bump or unique engine how much better could it be than any other Bronco from an OEM standpoint? The raptor considerably upgrades the f 150 off road abilities so to me its not exactly apples to apples
Some seem to think the FE will hold some extra value, but will it really with 7500 of them? I think it's all about the name, much like Sasquatch. Few need it but many want it.

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You've gotta wonder what the Raptor version will do to the value of the rest of the Bronco lineup? That's the one many will be after. If Ford makes it a Limited edition, that will really add value.
Yup... and that would may factor into a purchase decision.

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I dont care what they make. Ill buy what I need and want. Having to have the latest and greatest is a futile pursuit. That’s the effect of effective marketing on a populace. They could make one that goes to the moon and ill be happy with what I choose. Just dont booger it up Ford.
Sponsored