First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Warthog will be very cool don’t get me wrong. But the jump from a 2.7 Sasquatch Bronco to a warthog would not be something worth forgoing time in a Bronco IMO. With the aftermarket support that Bronco will have, I’m sure for the cost of a warthog you can build something way cooler.
Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
because unless it has a completely insane engine like the raptor engine or a v8 , its probly getting a 3.0 which is barely a step up from the 2.7

no reason to wait.

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The odds of the Bronco Warthog/Raptor offering a manual are slim to none. I'll keep my Badlands 2dr with a stick and just get an f-150 raptor in a few years

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The highly optioned bronco's are terrible value already, 60k has some really impressive vehicles available

Warthog is going to have more horsepower, whoopie de dooooo. It'll probably be 70k too

Or the warthog could be the hybrid, throwing many of you into a large group seizure

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you really getting in the warthog over a BL or wildtrak to justify the money that a warthog will presumably cost over the BL?
I think what the bronco trims offer now are extremely capable and will be easily modified with aftermarket products to justify buying one now and not waiting for the warthog

Reactions: RG7

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
because unless it has a completely insane engine like the raptor engine or a v8 , its probly getting a 3.0 which is barely a step up from the 2.7

no reason to wait.
This is something I was trying to figure out this weekend. With how low the Bronco is geared.... I’m thinking the 2.7 is going to be fast as hell. Gearing obviously isn’t everything but the fusion sport that had the previous, less powerful 2.7 and with way taller gearing does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. My guess is that Bronco with the 2.7 will probably be close to that mark... it’s going to be fast as shit.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am going basquatch, but if I were you all going with Badlands or higher I would wait it out most likely. No chance in hell I would go FE or Wildlands with the Warthog around the corner.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is something I was trying to figure out this weekend. With how low the Bronco is geared.... I’m thinking the 2.7 is going to be fast as hell. Gearing obviously isn’t everything but the fusion sport that had the previous, less powerful 2.7 and with way taller gearing does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. My guess is that Bronco with the 2.7 will probably be close to that mark... it’s going to be fast as shit.
Isn't the fusion like 1500-2000 lbs lighter and designed with at least a slight consideration for aerodynamics? ?‍♂

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn't the fusion like 1500-2000 lbs lighter and designed with at least a slight consideration for aerodynamics? ?‍♂
Ford Edge Sport 2.7L (Less HP/TQ) with 5 speed transmission is under 6 second 0-60 with close to the same weight as the Bronco.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curb weight on a fusion sport is 4Klbs. Those things are pigs too lol. so a Bronco will be 1klbs heavier for the 4-door. Fusion is way more aerodynamic and lighter you are correct, but the bronco having lower gearing/10 speed/more powerful version of the 2.7 will probably get close to making up for it. If a wrangler sahara can get sub-7 second 0-60 I definitely don’t see the 2.7 Bronco being above 6 seconds.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Added cost over the Badlands and Wildtrak plus the guaranteed ADM that dealers will tack on would be enough reason for me. Because I have zero need for the abilities of either the Badlands or Wildtrak I would obviously have zero interest anyway.

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Warthog will be very cool don’t get me wrong. But the jump from a 2.7 Sasquatch Bronco to a warthog would not be something worth forgoing time in a Bronco IMO. With the aftermarket support that Bronco will have, I’m sure for the cost of a warthog you can build something way cooler.
^ This.

Ford is advertising they want the Bronco to have lots of after market support. Get your Bronco now in this first wave while dealers are battling for your order, break it in for a year or two, then upgrade. Plus, inflation is going to hit the US markets pretty "hard" for the next few years. Now is a good time to spend if you have good credit and need a car. (Not implying a new car is a good investment, just saying your money is worth more today than it will in a few years.)

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Because most peeps here can barely afford the reg Bronco so they def can't afford the Raptor/Warthog.

Now it looks like the Raptor/Warthog is gonna be the beast of the bunch. Why not just wait and save my $$ until then???
Sponsored