First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What? If this is available to order at same time as reservations you can order it with your reservation. Nothing will be stranded. I “reserved” a badlands but at order time I can order whatever the hell I want, including this if it is available and I feel I can afford it.
True. Which would put another Bronco into dealer allocation. Which they could spec at whatever trim they choose and sell at whatever price they want. Now when those who have an FE reserved switch to Braptor there is an FE available to go on the lot with ADM, alongside the dealer allocated Braptors with ADM, alongside all the other dealer allocated Broncos with ADM.

This won't be a problem for us, with reservations at reputable dealerships. But the rest of the buying public will get hosed on down the line.

To put it more simple I expect close to 75% of 2021 Bronco buyers without a reservation to pay out the nose. This would make more gouging possible.
Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True. Which would put another Bronco into dealer allocation. Which they could spec at whatever trim they choose and sell at whatever price they want. Now when those who have an FE reserved switch to Braptor there is an FE available to go on the lot with ADM, alongside the dealer allocated Braptors with ADM, alongside all the other dealer allocated Broncos with ADM.

This won't be a problem for us, with reservations at reputable dealerships. But the rest of the buying public will get hosed on down the line.

To put it more simple I expect close to 75% of 2021 Bronco buyers without a reservation to pay out the nose. This would make more gouging possible.
If I change to a Braptor, my badlands does not get allocated to the dealer, it is still my order is the way I’m looking at this. My reservation doesn’t split.

Also why are you feeling that it’s shady if somebody else has to pay more because they didn’t jump on the hype wagon and don’t know how to shop around? That is a them problem.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford has stated that you can change your model when you order. If the Warthog/Braaaaaapter is available I can change my Wildtrak to a Warthog/Braaaaaaaaaaaaaapter (for the A-10 fans). There is no Wildtrak reservation converted to an order and then not sold, so the dealer has a Wildtrak sitting on the lot.
Bigger questions are is the “Big-Un” going to be a 2021 December order like the article says?
Is the “Big-Pig” going to be an allocated vehicle?
When we have answers to those, Then we can shift to complaining about the side mirrors folding, mounting points For armor, etc. It’s just too early.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I change to a Braptor, my badlands does not get allocated to the dealer, it is still my order is the way I’m looking at this. My reservation doesn’t split.

Also why are you feeling that it’s shady if somebody else has to pay more because they didn’t jump on the hype wagon and don’t know how to shop around? That is a them problem.
Could be. Depends on if it's a trim level or different model. I think the Raptor truck is it's own model.

I just see it as shady/deceptive business/marketing model is all.

Doubt it's true, Raptor always follows it's sibling by one year. Braptor in for MY 2022. Ranger Raptor (RRaptor?) In 2023 after Rangers 2022 redesign.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford has stated that you can change your model when you order. If the Warthog/Braaaaaapter is available I can change my Wildtrak to a Warthog/Braaaaaaaaaaaaaapter (for the A-10 fans). There is no Wildtrak reservation converted to an order and then not sold, so the dealer has a Wildtrak sitting on the lot.
Bigger questions are is the “Big-Un” going to be a 2021 December order like the article says?
Is the “Big-Pig” going to be an allocated vehicle?
When we have answers to those, Then we can shift to complaining about the side mirrors folding, mounting points For armor, etc. It’s just too early.
Again Raptor truck is it's own model IIRC. I could very well be wrong, obviously, but it seems very deceptive.

Like I said, won't come till 2022 anyways probably. Raptor always follow sibling by one year without it.

And I'm soooo ready to move on to magnification levels of those side mirrors. Looked a little weak from pictures. PM when you see that thread!

Sponsored

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Raptor is an F150. Go to Ford build and price and it is a trim. Like a Platinum F150.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again Raptor truck is it's own model IIRC. I could very well be wrong, obviously, but it seems very deceptive.

Like I said, won't come till 2022 anyways probably. Raptor always follow sibling by one year without it.
While it does have its own bnp link it can also be accessed through regular f150 bnp. It’s just a trim level for the f150 above platinum and limited.

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this is available to order in December and I can still get the invoice -$1300 from Granger it will be very tempting.

Future model years will probably have a significant market plus this version will hold value better than any of them.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Raptor is an F150. Go to Ford build and price and it is a trim. Like a Platinum F150.
While it does have its own bnp link it can also be accessed through regular f150 bnp. It’s just a trim level for the f150 above platinum and limited.
I stand corrected. As a trim I think you're right regarding how it would play out. While maybe not shady, it would still seem oddly deceptive to me.

I still doubt it's availability for 2021. And if it is available, and we come to find out that's what's been holding the show up for everyone, I'll be slightly miffed at the deception.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If people want to cancel and wait for the Warthog, the more the better. Lol
I agree I think OP and a whole buncha ya other guys/girls ahead of me should all cancel your reservations and wait for the Warthog. DO IT! If you wait you'll suffer depreciation and risk missing out on Warthog. Don't be like the rest of us who have to slum it and get a REGULAR Bronco...cancel and go WARTHOG!!!

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Price and timeline for getting one of these will help inform my decision on BaseSquatch vs Wildtrak or wait. I’m typically an instant gratification kind of guy when it comes to toys, so waiting is likely out of the question. It’s hard enough already. I’ve wanted a Raptor for a while but I haven’t been in a financial position to buy one. I also want the roof off experience, so this might just be the One.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why buy a 2021 Bronco when the 2022 is coming out?
2022 will probably have Sage green...no it's true the guy told me. Everyone waiting for green should cancel a d wait for the green one. (Ok I'm done :)

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2022 will probably have Sage green...no it's true the guy told me. Everyone waiting for green should cancel a d wait for the green one. (Ok I'm done :)
“This is Not the Bronco you’re looking for.” Cancel your reservation and put your trust in the Force.
If this works we will be moving up in the ordering process, Ha Ha.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Per a story on the other Bronco board...the Warthog (or whatever they end up calling it) will be available for the 2021 model year.
I guess when you consider the Wrangler with 392 is right around the corner, Bronco needs something big to counter it.