Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why are people buying tires and wheels for a vehicle they might not see for two years. The way this rollout is going better aftermarket equipment will be available if/when they take delivery. I’m saving the garage space and waiting.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly... some people and probably just antsy and excited.

But generally speaking there are a ton of supply chain constraints at the moment—and that includes aftermarket components. So if you see a good deal you either gotta grab it now or risk not being able to grab it when your Bronco is delivered.

The 37" tires I'm looking to buy haven't been readily available or in stock in my area in over a year at this point, and when they appear online they are way overpriced. So I too have been hunting. But now that Mansqatch will be a thing for MY2022 (originally had a non-Sas manual on order), I think I'm just going to get the Sasquatch package, roll on the stock 35s for awhile, and worry about 37s later down the road.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are people buying tires and wheels for a vehicle they might not see for two years. The way this rollout is going better aftermarket equipment will be available if/when they take delivery. I’m saving the garage space and waiting.
This is a great point . . . I have had my eyes on some wheels, but what if by the time my Bronco is delivered there are newer wheels I like even better on the market? Same with lighting solutions, racks and their components, new and innovative bumpers/flares . . . the aftermarket is coming up with new items at a pretty fast clip now that Bronco production is heating up. Remember, a lot of aftermarket producers couldn't even get their hands on a Bronco until fairly recently.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been wondering the same thing. Not to mention, I see all these people on here adding lifts, coilovers etc. straight off of the truck. How can you make modifications to a new vehicle without a baseline measure of performance? How will you know if the modifications you made actually helped or hurt the performance of the Bronco?🤔

Sponsored
OP
OP
wbrainbow

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s true but some people are filling their garages with parts and still have no VIN. I mentioned tires and wheels because I thought it was overkill to list the whole inventory of parts currently available.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tires have a date code so I am not buying them and having them sit around. If you keep them in your shop and weld around them the UV will break down the rubber as will the sun..

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn't start ordering things until my blend date (7/23) knowing my Bronco would show up in a few weeks. I wanted to get my hitch, towbar set up and rock rails before everyone else ordered and jammed up the supply chain. Now I have everything except my Bronco and rock rails (both from Ford, do we see a trend?). The wait continues. :unsure:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't personally buy accessories for a vehicle that isn't in my driveway yet, but to each his own. I get the excitement, though.

Hell, I have a Bronco now but haven't bought any accessories yet. Just a bunch of recovery stuff.
Sponsored