Sponsored

Why buy now and settle instead of waiting??

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm 95%* thrilled with the Bronco. My worry is financial: I'm still planning to convert my Day One reservation into a purchase, but also presume I'll have my former job, and income, back by the time the Bronco is delivered. If I cancel my reservation, I may have to wait until late 2022 or even 2023 to buy a Bronco off the lot. My Escape may not last that long. Then I'd have to buy a used Bronco -- how many may be available -- or something else. There is no other something else I want to drive right now. Plus, the Bronco and this Forum are what's getting me through the pandemic. I feel like I'm running a marathon, am at Mile 23, and it's too late to quit the race now.

*The white top can be added later. Maybe the gray top will grow on me. Still undecided about OJ White and painting it yellow vs. Velocity Blue.
Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm 95%* thrilled with the Bronco. My worry is financial: I'm still planning to convert my Day One reservation into a purchase, but also presume I'll have my former job, and income, back by the time the Bronco is delivered. If I cancel my reservation, I may have to wait until late 2022 or even 2023 to buy a Bronco off the lot. My Escape may not last that long. Then I'd have to buy a used Bronco -- how many may be available -- or something else. There is no other something else I want to drive right now. Plus, the Bronco and this Forum are what's getting me through the pandemic. I feel like I'm running a marathon, am at Mile 23, and it's too late to quit the race now.

*The white top can be added later. Maybe the gray top will grow on me. Still undecided about OJ White and painting it yellow vs. Velocity Blue.
I share many of your thoughts and am in similar work uncertainty. I also absolutely love the Bronco and although my wife thinks all of us on this forum are nuts, I think this forum is keeping us all sane (or at least our version of sane). It’s been a great distraction from politics, whatever side you are on, and gives our minds something to spin over instead of COVID. I raise a pre Thanksgiving toast that we stay healthy and have the financial security to get our Broncos.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I share many of your thoughts and am in similar work uncertainty. I also absolutely love the Bronco and although my wife thinks all of us on this forum are nuts, I think this forum is keeping us all sane (or at least our version of sane). It’s been a great distraction from politics, whatever side you are on, and gives our minds something to spin over instead of COVID. I raise a pre Thanksgiving toast that we stay healthy and have the financial security to get our Broncos.
Amen to that!!

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't feel like I'm settling on anything... The color of the top is a non-issue for me - the Gray looks good with every production color. I'm getting 2.7, so manual trans is a non-issue (if they DID offer manual with 2.7/squatch, I'd ONLY get it if it knocked a significant amount off the price).. I think the colors offered are great with the exception of AMB and A51 ... so the ONLY thing I wish it had at launch is the slide out tailgate - which I can add later.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well aware people here won’t pay ADM, but B6G members are not the general public. When you roll up to baseball practice and little Timmys dad sees you have a bronco, he’s going to want one and he’ll spend his annual bonus and tax refund money to get one, ADM or not.
LOL , I was scrolling down and going to post something similar . The people that get on internet forums are still a very small percentage of the buying public . Just like everyone worried about Catus gray or Area 51 being on every corner just because they are popular here . The last poll I saw here had Area 51 at only 28% . This goes for all the complaining also . The vast majority of the public will be in love with the Bronco interiors and options .

Sponsored

Tyrober

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MIC top is my only complaint. I like my color. Like everything else. (I actually like the Wildtrak interior LOL).

Im moving forward.
Im getting an awesome Granger-like deal and i worry that the dealerships wont be offering jack $hit for 2022’s. some near me are already doing ADM.
Are you getting the digital camo or the leather in your wildtrak?

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am content enough with the current offerings to try for one.

I just hope the wife's current 265k mile car can hang on another year lol.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cant really wait longer due to trade in. My trade in will need tires, new battery, and breaks all around if I push it off to MY2022. It’s been paid off for years so not like I need extra months to reduce loan amount.
same

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Since unfounded rumors, wild speculation and unjustified worry are baked in to the pineapple pizza, here is my thought process for using my MY21 res instead of MY22, I really like Race Red and given that it might be one of the lowest take rates (which I’m happy about) I would hate to wait for MY22 and Race Red be gone.
Your plan is terrible. Sorry, just terrible. Nobody wants that stupid Race Red.

Anyway, I have actually been completely happy with the Bronco process, the info releases they have put out, and genuinely feel Ford has been VERY upfront with items being delayed, changed or what have you.

I'm also a business owner and know what i've had to to to make some clients happy when things are beyond my control. Now scale that up from "well under $1M receivables, small business owner" to "multi-national global-supply-chain-manufacturer" and frankly, Ford has done an awesome job.

Minty green Cactus Gray, 2.3 engine from Ranger paired with a bad-ass manual transmission had me hooked the moment I saw the Showcase model!

Ford Bronco Why buy now and settle instead of waiting?? 7D775A4B-5CFD-4495-9511-54372C9A5CBA

The color changed to boring asphalt for production so I change with what's available.

Race Red is awesome and has character, so that's moved up to what I want. I don't want the gray roof and with Badlands the Shadow Black roof is available (with a little wait), so I will go that route. For all I know the white roof gets into MY21 production and I can change the order to that? The black roof gives me that time to find out! Maybe Cactus Gray is actually the green I want and the white roof will look perfect with it? Having the black roof gives me that time to see Cactus Gray in person and also see what other folks are getting/modding while not losing my place in line.

No reason to wait for a future year over speculation that something "MIGHT" be available or what you want.....

We get dozens of calls per year with clients speculating tax law changes based on an article they read or somebody's "feelings". Answer is always the same: "If and when the IRS changes tax law we will know. Not a minute before and certainly not on speculation or rumor". Same philosophy with cars. Until it exists it doesn't exist!

RIP: Cactus Gray with beautiful mint green hues.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only thing I am settling for is the MIC Top, but the aftermarket will take care of that soon enough. Other than that I am excited to be getting one.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Being a car junkie, I waste my time B&P'ing all sorts of vehicles. In this modern age, all vehicles come with packages with some stuff I want and mostly what it don't.

You rarely can order options a la carte as you could up until the 1990s. So my feeling is regardless of when you decide to buy a Bronco, the option packages will never be 100% perfect for your preferences. I think model years 21 and 22 will be the same since pre-orders are going to jump to model year 22 anyway, or Ford can just designate the entire pre-order production as MY '21. There is no strict law that defines model year change over. VIN dictates MY designation. All Ford needs to do is register the entire pre-order production VINs with the DOT. If it takes Ford 18 months to build all those MY '21 VINs it doesn't matter.

So if you want a New Bronco now, why wait? For me personally this will be my last new vehicle purchase before I retire. I want to pay it off with a low-interest loan while I'm still making a high income rather than on a fixed income. The sooner I take delivery, the sooner I pay it off before I retire.

Or I could be dead in 2 years anyway...
Sponsored