Sponsored

Why buy now and settle instead of waiting??

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see so many threads on here where people aren't happy with some aspects of the Bronco. But they are buying anyway. What is the sense of urgency to have it now over waiting?? Several things are shown as late availability. Which means it will not be available at launch. Maybe not even until late in the MY run. If those things are important to you why not wait until you can get exactly what you want??

Speaking for myself I am not happy with any current color. I mean I like some. But not to the point I will be happy with them in ten years. I want heated steering wheel. But I'm not up selling just to get it. I want a white top but it won't be available for a while.

So I've made the decision to wait it out. Maybe some cooler colors will be available next MY or the one after. Maybe they will offer a cold weather package with heated seats, steering wheel and auto start. The white top will be a option. Some other things not expected might be available.

I can say from experience that there is nothing worse than buyers remorse. Knowing what you bought wasn't exactly what you wanted. Knowing something you wanted was coming in the near future but you didn't wait for it. I think so many people are in a rush to have a Bronco, or be the first on their block to have one, that they are willing to settle.

Be happy with your purchase. If the Bronco has everything you want now, then buy now. If not consider being patient. It's not like they are only making these things for a few years.
Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's pretty normal for people to want something new, even with a few compromises.

I got my JL when they first came out and have been nothing but happy with it even though lots of stuff was missing from the start. I had to wait half a year until I could find a soft top, there weren't a lot of great aftermarket bumpers, no half doors/soft doors, etc. But I still loved having the vehicle (and still do).

For some, just having a Bronco after so long is all they want even if they have to wait for some accessories and stuff. Life is short and sometimes you just have to go for it; you may end up waiting a year or more if you're not flexible on some things, even colors. Everyone is different and you have to make your own decision.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see so many threads on here where people aren't happy with some aspects of the Bronco. But they are buying anyway. What is the sense of urgency to have it now over waiting?? Several things are shown as late availability. Which means it will not be available at launch. Maybe not even until late in the MY run. If those things are important to you why not wait until you can get exactly what you want??
The only thing I am not crazy about is the gray MIC top which I think a local body shop can remedy that.
Plus the fact I had 3 hospital visits this year totaling well over a month. Life is too short to be waiting.....waiting....waiting.:unsure:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because life is short so some people want it sooner than later if it’s things they can live with in a vehicle. Nothing in life is guaranteed so in the coming years who knows if we will actually get a white top, green paint, or anything else cool. Hell this whole thing could get canned next year (not likely though)

Sponsored

Jason O

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Bronco II; 2015 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me personally, I think once the initial reservations offers/process (no dealer ADM, selling at MSRP, etc.) is over with most dealers are going to jack up the price to maximize profits. I wasn’t planning on buying for a few years, but with orders after 18 September being delivered in late 2021/early 2022 and Grangtober’s $2k under invoice I decided to pull the trigger.

I’m happy with 95% of what is being offered and getting it probably several grand cheaper made up for that 5%.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think your post is targeted towards early reservation holders. In my case, I purposely held off in placing my reservation. But I was always going to get a Bronco. My biggest complaint was no white top. Many countered that you can get it painted, but that is missing the larger point. The white top is part of the heritage of the early Bronco. They had made many purposeful efforts to incorporate retro styling, but somehow overlooked the obvious white roof. I'm also not spending an additional sum to have a brand-new rig's top painted.

With that said, do I wish there were some changes/improvements? Of course, but nothing that wouldn't stop me from getting a MY22 Bronco. Small things such as a cold weather package. Why force heated options onto a buyer who purposely avoids latitudes where Bridges Freeze? Let those who like the cold get the options to mitigate their climate. I want ventilated seats, but that isn't an option. Also, I think the rear AC is a design flaw. There is no reason the ducts can't be channeled to rear console vents. Still won't stop me from getting a Bronco. I'm not keen on the sticky Tootsie roll. Looks like crap and there is a known battery issue causing it to be unreliable. They have the technology to hide the keypad in the B-Pillar like it is on other vehicles.

While there is no rush, especially in my case as I'm waiting due to a late reservation, I couldn't pass up the $2k below invoice deal. I'm completing my order. If it is built and delivered without a white top, then Albert will have my Bronco build to sell on their lot. And I'll wait even longer.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
MIC top is my only complaint. I like my color. Like everything else. (I actually like the Wildtrak interior LOL).

Im moving forward.
Im getting an awesome Granger-like deal and i worry that the dealerships wont be offering jack $hit for 2022’s. some near me are already doing ADM.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No guarantees that future changes will be for the better.

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, the simple answer to OP’s question is impatience. We have become a society that has been (and it’s accelerating) used to instant gratification. The whole Bronco process has represented the epitome of delayed gratification and people can’t handle it. I’m kind of impulsive. If Jeep hadn’t gotten rid of Punk’n Metallic for 2020, I’d have probably already gotten tired of waiting and bought a Rubi.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what I've read out here seems most are going to modify, upgrade, replace stuff on this Bronco anyway. Plus I imagine there will be a ton of aftermarket items for the Bronco. So for these reasons, there's no reason to wait.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am only missing the tailgate.

Any chance it can be added late? Hopefully it is a late option since I too have the Oct Granger reservation.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While there is no rush, especially in my case as I'm waiting due to a late reservation, I couldn't pass up the $2k below invoice deal. I'm completing my order. If it is built and delivered without a white top, then Albert will have my Bronco build to sell on their lot. And I'll wait even longer.
You don't think those $2k off deals will be available later. Koons in VA sells Wranglers and Gladiators all day long for way under invoice. I'm sure eventually the Bronco as well. Once the newness wears off and the hype dies down there will be plenty of Granger type deals to be had. Maybe even better ones.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just weighed the pros and cons of it all
Because I think we all forget no friggin vehicle is perfect, and ford can’t predict the wants and “needs” of everyone

For me I didn’t care about the lack of a White top for me it reminds me of my Toyota FJ and I wanted something completely different..
Everyone has their likes and dislikes

Would I preferred a black painted HT sure but it wasn’t a deal breaker
The heritage of the bronco and the childhood memories , well the few that I had with my dad in his bronco has pulled me towards this rig like a long lost love... cheesy I know but I have this special feeling about the bronco unlike any other toy I’ve lusted over so for me I’m buying sooner rather than later

This life there are no guarantees and waiting for the next best time we’ll that
Might never ever come...

To each their own- wish everyone luck with what they decide

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You don't think those $2k off deals will be available later. Koons in VA sells Wranglers and Gladiators all day long for way under invoice. I'm sure eventually the Bronco as well. Once the newness wears off and the hype dies down there will be plenty of Granger type deals to be had. Maybe even better ones.
The key word is "eventually". We may not see such deals until 2024 or later. We know Broncos won't be on dealer lots for 2021 (except those orders that a buyer walked away from). MY22 Broncos not ordered will carry ADM over MSRP. And I don't think there will be any problem in dealers getting that. I suspect that will continue for MY23 with deals being offered at MSRP.

I think Granger's deal is a no-risk opportunity to get an early Bronco, yet enough of a delay for Ford to work out late availability items. Albert and Zach has already stated that they aren't requiring a deposit. And if for whatever reason the sale isn't completed when the Bronco is delivered, they will refund the $100 as they consider it not "earned". As I mentioned, my only real hang-up is the white top. My reservation is late October so that will likely put a Bronco delivery over the winter/early spring of 2022. If Ford still hasn't figured out the white top conundrum, then Albert will have my Bronco that they can make more on and I'll get my $100. At which point, I'll be in the long wait until the hype dies down and a similar deal is offered (2024 or later).
Sponsored