Sponsored

Why buy now and settle instead of waiting??

Deleted member 13702

I guess for a while I was disappointed with the colors as well, and initially I thought I wouldn't like the MIC top. My wife suggested I wait till the next model year.

But with the more time that passed, I came to like certain color choices with the MIC top, the BL grill and the BL interior.

I get people not liking certain aspects of the Bronco and I applaud you for having a forum where people can vent about the problems they have and waiting a model year or two, instead of screaming on other threads about how they hate different aspects of the Bronco.

For me, with the more time that has passed, the more I am drawn to some of the quirks that others are having a problem with. So I will be keeping my current reservation, and look forward to seeing this beast in person! But I totally understand why some are waiting to see what comes next.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cant really wait longer due to trade in. My trade in will need tires, new battery, and breaks all around if I push it off to MY2022. It’s been paid off for years so not like I need extra months to reduce loan amount.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see so many threads on here where people aren't happy with some aspects of the Bronco. But they are buying anyway. What is the sense of urgency to have it now over waiting?? Several things are shown as late availability. Which means it will not be available at launch. Maybe not even until late in the MY run. If those things are important to you why not wait until you can get exactly what you want??

Speaking for myself I am not happy with any current color. I mean I like some. But not to the point I will be happy with them in ten years. I want heated steering wheel. But I'm not up selling just to get it. I want a white top but it won't be available for a while.

So I've made the decision to wait it out. Maybe some cooler colors will be available next MY or the one after. Maybe they will offer a cold weather package with heated seats, steering wheel and auto start. The white top will be a option. Some other things not expected might be available.

I can say from experience that there is nothing worse than buyers remorse. Knowing what you bought wasn't exactly what you wanted. Knowing something you wanted was coming in the near future but you didn't wait for it. I think so many people are in a rush to have a Bronco, or be the first on their block to have one, that they are willing to settle.

Be happy with your purchase. If the Bronco has everything you want now, then buy now. If not consider being patient. It's not like they are only making these things for a few years.
Does this mean you're cancelling your reservation? If so, GREAT!

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I highly doubt they'll be much difference between the 2021-2022 models. I'd assume things change after a few years of production. I could care less about the color of the top. It's a pretty amazing vehicle. And for me the top will be off most of the year ?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No settling for me, getting exactly what I want. In December I'll be ordering a loaded up 4 door Wildtrak, Carbonized Gray with Carbonized Gray MIC Hardtop. Excited as heck to get it. ? ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No reason to settle. If you don't see what you like, then wait. This way I can get mine a little sooner, maybe. But my Black Diamond 2dr in Cyber Orange is exactly what I wanted.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will proceed with my reservation and order and take delivery of my MY21 Bronco. My reason is not based upon whether certain items are available for the first MY but it is all about my comparison of the Bronco versus what else is available and coming available in the market. I did not start my vehicle quest to buy a Bronco; my needs/wants just happened to coincide directly with the Bronco's reveal. I have driven and researched other vehicles (Wrangler, 4Runner, Gladiator, Ranger, Trail Boss, etc), and nothing else provides me what I want/need in the price range. Not Even Close! Sure, there are things that I would really want different about the MY21 Bronco (OD Green or Desert Sand) but it is a 90% solution for not only my needs but my wants and that is an A in my grading system.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see so many threads on here where people aren't happy with some aspects of the Bronco. But they are buying anyway. What is the sense of urgency to have it now over waiting?? Several things are shown as late availability. Which means it will not be available at launch. Maybe not even until late in the MY run. If those things are important to you why not wait until you can get exactly what you want??

Speaking for myself I am not happy with any current color. I mean I like some. But not to the point I will be happy with them in ten years. I want heated steering wheel. But I'm not up selling just to get it. I want a white top but it won't be available for a while.

So I've made the decision to wait it out. Maybe some cooler colors will be available next MY or the one after. Maybe they will offer a cold weather package with heated seats, steering wheel and auto start. The white top will be a option. Some other things not expected might be available.

I can say from experience that there is nothing worse than buyers remorse. Knowing what you bought wasn't exactly what you wanted. Knowing something you wanted was coming in the near future but you didn't wait for it. I think so many people are in a rush to have a Bronco, or be the first on their block to have one, that they are willing to settle.

Be happy with your purchase. If the Bronco has everything you want now, then buy now. If not consider being patient. It's not like they are only making these things for a few years.
All very well put and you are not wrong about the excitement. For me personally I am 90 percent thrilled with my build and actually look forward to solving the ten percent on my own. I realize the counter argument is that a 50k vehicle should be perfect but future possible white painting or lifts or tires will start making every Bronco unique. I think that’s one of the things I have always liked about Broncos, no two should be the same!

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think your post is targeted towards early reservation holders. In my case, I purposely held off in placing my reservation. But I was always going to get a Bronco. My biggest complaint was no white top. Many countered that you can get it painted, but that is missing the larger point. The white top is part of the heritage of the early Bronco. They had made many purposeful efforts to incorporate retro styling, but somehow overlooked the obvious white roof. I'm also not spending an additional sum to have a brand-new rig's top painted.

With that said, do I wish there were some changes/improvements? Of course, but nothing that wouldn't stop me from getting a MY22 Bronco. Small things such as a cold weather package. Why force heated options onto a buyer who purposely avoids latitudes where Bridges Freeze? Let those who like the cold get the options to mitigate their climate. I want ventilated seats, but that isn't an option. Also, I think the rear AC is a design flaw. There is no reason the ducts can't be channeled to rear console vents. Still won't stop me from getting a Bronco. I'm not keen on the sticky Tootsie roll. Looks like crap and there is a known battery issue causing it to be unreliable. They have the technology to hide the keypad in the B-Pillar like it is on other vehicles.

While there is no rush, especially in my case as I'm waiting due to a late reservation, I couldn't pass up the $2k below invoice deal. I'm completing my order. If it is built and delivered without a white top, then Albert will have my Bronco build to sell on their lot. And I'll wait even longer.
No white top, no black top, don’t like the color. Can we move on with that ? Whining about it isn’t going to change it. Don’t order. More for the rest of us.

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dang bro ur right, u should try canceling ur reservation to inspire others to do the same, and get me to the very top hehe ???

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang bro ur right, u should try canceling ur reservation to inspire others to do the same, and get me to the very top hehe ???
LOL I don't have a reservation. Never had one. My plan all along was to wait it out a bit. Even if I could get exactly what I wanted right now.

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well.... to be honest,
1. I like the grey top
2. I need a new car next year
3. I’m a simple guy, all I need is the 10 speed and a simple hard top.

ps: when something isn’t the norm, people reject it, this new grey top for a box car is new. Bet you eventually everyone will follow the trend, that’s how trends happen, I’m generation X, all these baby boomers are the ones complaining about the grey.
Sponsored