Sponsored

Why buy now and settle instead of waiting??

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well.... to be honest,
1. I like the grey top
2. I need a new car next year
3. I’m a simple guy, all I need is the 10 speed and a simple hard top.

ps: when something isn’t the norm, people reject it, this new grey top for a box car is new. Bet you eventually everyone will follow the trend, that’s how trends happen, I’m generation X, all these baby boomers are the ones complaining about the grey.
Not this Boomer!

pacsun82

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Supercrew 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
#1 reason to buy now is resell and collectability...think 1964.5 Mustang

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’ll never have everything you want...no truck will. It has enough that’s great now, and will be a great platform for modding. It’s not worth waiting years for a unicorn that never comes when you can get great but not perfect now...
I'm waiting for other reasons than some. What my post was targeting is more those options that have been announced, but won't be available right away. If something announced is something you really want, then why not wait for it??

Sponsored

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sense of urgency? I've had my liscense for 21 years now. So basically I have been waiting roughly 30 years realistically to get my own since my old man got rid of his. Tried to buy a few off old friends who wouldnt part with them and would check craigslist a few times a year to find any decent ones, was never ment to be... until now.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If every other vehicle of this type is to be considered, the first ones may have serious design flaws that will be addressed later, the first ones may also be available in interesting, cheap, and rare package combinations that the manufacturer will consolidate for convenience and profitability later.

There’s also a chance that subsequent versions may be better in every possible way, although that doesn’t happen much these days with emissions and safety restrictions.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No complaints from me. It's gonna be an awesome vehicle with a ton of fun factors for me. Lots of options/trims and I'll be happy with whatever I decide to go with. Just blessed that I'm able to make this happen and I will enjoy it to the fullest.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm ordering the 1st year because Ford will eventually drop the manual transmission and cut manufacturing costs, which may affect manufacturing and build quality. My observation of the industry is the opposite what what has been considered the norm, which is not buy the 1st year and wait until the bugs are worked out. I think since the advent of computer-aided design, computer-aided testing, and computer-aided manufacturing the initial quality of most automobiles is actually better out of the shoot than later year production, where the quality suffers in relation to cost cutting as production numbers wain.

Also, with social media being what it is, Manufacturers have to do their best up front for building quality (fitness for use) into the product at first launch.

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, the simple answer to OP’s question is impatience. We have become a society that has been (and it’s accelerating) used to instant gratification. The whole Bronco process has represented the epitome of delayed gratification and people can’t handle it. I’m kind of impulsive. If Jeep hadn’t gotten rid of Punk’n Metallic for 2020, I’d have probably already gotten tired of waiting and bought a Rubi.
Jeep has had some great colors but not so much on the 2021 MY . Sorry to all I know its (OFF TOPIC) lol

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess because I have waited so long for the Bronco. And it will probably be my forever vehicle are the reasons I want it as close to perfect and what I want as possible. I'm sure for some people the Bronco is just a new hotness that they want to try out until the next new hotness comes out.
Yeah, in this case a year or two won't hurt you. I bought a Hyundai Tucson last year to hold me over till the Bronco came out. I like that little car. I think if I couldn't find my ideal Bronco I'd hold onto my Tucson a little longer.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jeep has had some great colors but not so much on the 2021 MY . Sorry to all I know its (OFF TOPIC) lol
Yeah not a super year for colors. Hellayella and Sarge Green are the standouts. Snazzleberry is fun to say but not that great looking. Just another weird shade of red

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every new vehicle launch comes with compromises in the 1st model year, so this is nothing new. My biggest frustration stems from all of the vehicles Ford has been parading around, showcasing color patterns and options that arent available. My second biggest frustration is having to go all the way to the Lux package to get things that were standard on our 2015 Toyota 4Runner. That is a little maddening, but with that, we are still getting one. We reserved early, and are ordering early. Wont be waiting for late availability, will just go aftermarket when needed.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that decide to wait for anything more than the white top (it has already been announced) I would caution that there is no assurance that Ford is going to offer anything different than they are offering now.
I believe Ford will not make major changes to paint options or interior options until they do a model refresh - which will probably be 5 years out.
I have also read those that think the dealers lots will be overflowing with used Broncos for cheap because people will be trading their first year Broncos for versions they ‘really’ want. Don’t count on this. Used Broncos will be scarce, they will hold their value insanely well, and all new Broncos on the dealer lot will be MRSP and up.
if you have a reservation keep it and get a Bronco now. You won’t regret it.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely don't feel like I'm settling. I'm getting color, trim, options, IFS (better for my commute) and a MANUAL trans (super excited about that). And we've seen enough examples of off-road capability (rubicon trail and Moab) to know our Broncos will be more than enough for 96.28% of folks and 100% perfect for me!
Sponsored