Sponsored

Why buy now and settle instead of waiting??

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm holding onto to a July reservation and an October reservation with Granger. How the process concerning "late availability and keeping your relative spot in line with the your time stamp" works will determine which one I end up cancelling. For me, the modular top is something I will not compromise on. I hate the gray MIC top and refuse to spend that kind of money to just live with it. And no, just painting an inferior top after delivery is not an acceptable solution. I'm fine if that decision kicks me back to a MY22. I may even get a wider color pallette to choose from.
Sponsored

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well.... to be honest,
1. I like the grey top
2. I need a new car next year
3. I’m a simple guy, all I need is the 10 speed and a simple hard top.

ps: when something isn’t the norm, people reject it, this new grey top for a box car is new. Bet you eventually everyone will follow the trend, that’s how trends happen, I’m generation X, all these baby boomers are the ones complaining about the grey.
Agree. Go have it painted if you are that distressed

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm one of the lucky ones. What I want I can build now and be set. BL, 2.3L, 7-speed, soft top, high package. And for the price I had calculated prior to B&P.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am happy with the BD, both exterior color and interior, and I don't need SAS. All of my accessories will be after market because I refuse to pay interest for 2 years on them (not a smart move financially) So I am not settling for anything.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Settle...not so much.

My ideal desires are the upgraded M210 front axle, advanced t-case, 4.7 rear gear, manual, hardtop on 33's...prefer BFG AT.

BL is a no brainer no sacrifice option for me and I settle for nothing less than my ideal bronco and actually gain a neat sway bar disco. Painted hard top is not something I was wanting and mid can be had with the BL manual. I get the disappointment but for me these are not issues.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I definitely don't feel like I'm settling. I'm getting color, trim, options, IFS (better for my commute) and a MANUAL trans (super excited about that). And we've seen enough examples of off-road capability (rubicon trail and Moab) to know our Broncos will be more than enough for 96.28% of folks and 100% perfect for me!
Agree. I can't see any future adds that would make me wait for 2022/2023. This will probably be my last new car purchase as I'm looking to retire mid decade. I'll get cheap money from my bank and pay off the Bronco before I retire. I'm not looking for Moab capability. Running trails in VA and WV is my aim. I want a simple machine like I had with my '95 YJ.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've done my share of whining about the white top but even if it existed it would have been with the optional mod top and I was willing to pay Ford for that option. Since it's not a current option I did make on October reservation with Granger and will decide before the ordering window closes on which reservation to go forward with if they even release any information about it.

If I keep my earlier reservation I'd still be happy with the options available and use that money that I would have used for the mod top at order and just order from the parts counter when/if available or wait for someone to break the secret behind painting the MIC white.

For now I'm good with colors, either silver or AMB on a BL with optional wheels, both will work with the MIC or white top and will match the orange stitching and accents. Biggest decision right now is with the V6 being so cheap or sticking with my guns on the manual.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. I can't see any future adds that would make me wait for 2022/2023. This will probably be my last new car purchase as I'm looking to retire mid decade. I'll get cheap money from my bank and pay off the Bronco before I retire. I'm not looking for Moab capability. Running trails in VA and WV is my aim. I want a simple machine like I had with my '95 YJ.
Thanks! I'll second your agree. Although I have a few extra years till retirement. I have loads of equity in my tundra (trade) so, I'm able to build exactly what I want. I'll use my Bronc to run trails in the PNW and hopefully plan some trips to experience some moderate off road trails. Simply excited for this, wanted a bronco for years.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see so many threads on here where people aren't happy with some aspects of the Bronco. But they are buying anyway. What is the sense of urgency to have it now over waiting??

I can say from experience that there is nothing worse than buyers remorse. Knowing what you bought wasn't exactly what you wanted. Knowing something you wanted was coming in the near future but you didn't wait for it.
Be happy with your purchase. If the Bronco has everything you want now, then buy now. If not consider being patient. It's not like they are only making these things for a few years.
Well stated. I am a believer in getting what you want (within the realms of budgets & reality) for long term satisfaction. I always spec vehicles with what I intend to get out of them & keep them 10+ years because I did ;). I will keep this one to the grave unless it's a total lemon. For me it has enough of what I want that I will be happy though some changes will be made along the way . I would have preferred lighter color interior, but it's starting to grow on me.

I think so many people are in a rush to have a Bronco, or be the first on their block to have one, that they are willing to settle.
I once knew a guy who flipped cars every 2 years or less to have the latest thing. I'm too old to be cool or vain these days and to me that is just stupid. :cool:

Sponsored

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean, the simple answer to OP’s question is impatience. We have become a society that has been (and it’s accelerating) used to instant gratification. The whole Bronco process has represented the epitome of delayed gratification and people can’t handle it. I’m kind of impulsive. If Jeep hadn’t gotten rid of Punk’n Metallic for 2020, I’d have probably already gotten tired of waiting and bought a Rubi.
In that same breath you can say people have become spoiled. “My way or the highway” if I can’t have ice cream for dinner then I just won’t eat.

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven't a single complaint so far and honestly don't understand all the whining.

Buying now and very satisfied with the options provided.
I think I am happy also. I can't imagine why I would not be. I am enjoying the ride that for me started around 4 years ago when 6G was announced. I plan on zigging & zagging some but know my dreams will be fulfilled. I have already have a more perfected build because I have had more time to think about it. I am still working on a name for my new Bronc!
I am now planning the order process. My dad ordered a 1962 Chevy Burb 4X4 and it took him about a year to get it in 63. They only built about 300 like his that year and it is still a member of the family. Ordering was a much more common practice back in the day.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why not wait until you can get exactly what you want??
because most of us have been waiting since 2015 and ford had 5 YEARS to get stuff right. they still didn't

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In my opinion about buying now, I will probably be one of the first ones, and maybe the only one on my block to have one ;-). These Bronco's will have so many aftermarket add-ons, there will be no shortage of what you can do with them. Ford is really doing themselves a disservice by not having all of these 200 accessories ready to go from the get go, especially when they got an idea on July 13th from the reservations on how popular this was going to be. From painting a top you dont like, going back to the dealer for the body matched color top, the list goes on. I currently have a 2015 Ford Taurus, and there really wasn't a big aftermarket for it at all which I hated. Im going to enjoy making it my own.

Maybe Ford should go back to their old way of doing business, let the vehicles show up on the lots and watch the madness begin. What they did in actuality is follow these other manufacturers (Tesla, Rivian, etc.) and put up a reservation system for people to order them and to see how popular they were going to be.

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
because most of us have been waiting since 2015 and ford had 5 YEARS to get stuff right. they still didn't
All perspective, the Blazer will likely never be right.
Sponsored