Sponsored

Why buy now and settle instead of waiting??

Kenny

Big Bend
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see so many threads on here where people aren't happy with some aspects of the Bronco. But they are buying anyway. What is the sense of urgency to have it now over waiting?? Several things are shown as late availability. Which means it will not be available at launch. Maybe not even until late in the MY run. If those things are important to you why not wait until you can get exactly what you want??

Speaking for myself I am not happy with any current color. I mean I like some. But not to the point I will be happy with them in ten years. I want heated steering wheel. But I'm not up selling just to get it. I want a white top but it won't be available for a while.

So I've made the decision to wait it out. Maybe some cooler colors will be available next MY or the one after. Maybe they will offer a cold weather package with heated seats, steering wheel and auto start. The white top will be a option. Some other things not expected might be available.

I can say from experience that there is nothing worse than buyers remorse. Knowing what you bought wasn't exactly what you wanted. Knowing something you wanted was coming in the near future but you didn't wait for it. I think so many people are in a rush to have a Bronco, or be the first on their block to have one, that they are willing to settle.

Be happy with your purchase. If the Bronco has everything you want now, then buy now. If not consider being patient. It's not like they are only making these things for a few years.
To each his own...

IF the demand is going to be so great that dealers can jack the prices, then, the resale on a Bronco should be good.

I’m disappointed I can’t get AMB with a white top and fenders (and I’m scared of trying to wrap or paint the MIC) but I also love A51 after seeing in person. I can happily live with it for a couple of years or so, then, I can trade it in on a better (hopefully) Bronco decked out with all the retro white trim I can stand.

It’s a win win IMO.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I wasn’t waiting for Mansquatch, I would buy now. I have a late Granger reservation as well as an early reservation. If I knew the v6 would be offered with manual in 2023, I would wait for that. You see, I don’t care about what color the top is or if the steering wheel is heated. I would only wait for major functional changes related to engine or transmission.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its the same as any 1st year model vehicle. This will be my 3rd. I don't plan on modding mine and what it comes with standard is enough for me.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford seems to have a bad habit of decontenting their vehicles in the 2nd or 3rd year of a cycle.
I agree. Job 1 typically have things that get dropped year after year. Tops flares lifts tires wheels insulation roof racks seat covers will all be available after the fact if your build cannot have it installed due to weight restraints. The vehicle is built as it is due to marketing. They want you to bump up once you are comfortable with a maxed out 4 door base for 46 to a black diamond... went a little far sorry... I am buying because my only issue is a roof rack with 2.7 on badlands which I can fix.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that waiting an undetermined amount of time and thinking that all future additions (and deletions) will all work to your individual preference is very optimistic......you may be in the same spot as you are now........

I like this feature better....but at the same time Ford took my favorite body color away or the price of Sasquatch went up.....or the girls switched to lime green grab handles and stitching......which I don't like.......or Ford is hinting something else may be available next year that I want to wait for.......repeat

You rarely buy a vehicle.....or even a house......that has everything exact to your specification unless you're building from scratch and while the Bronco has nice build options, its not designed or priced as a fully custom vehicle

In the end everyone will be happy enough once they fire theirs up, and hit the road, whether they buy MY21 or wait on a later version

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty normal for people to want something new, even with a few compromises.

I got my JL when they first came out and have been nothing but happy with it even though lots of stuff was missing from the start. I had to wait half a year until I could find a soft top, there weren't a lot of great aftermarket bumpers, no half doors/soft doors, etc. But I still loved having the vehicle (and still do).

For some, just having a Bronco after so long is all they want even if they have to wait for some accessories and stuff. Life is short and sometimes you just have to go for it; you may end up waiting a year or more if you're not flexible on some things, even colors. Everyone is different and you have to make your own decision.
Most of the items I want will be available in the aftermarket. I’m looking forward to building out my Bronco over time. That is a big part of the lure.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1, the granger deal is great.

2. My lease is ending in 2021 and I need a vehicle lol

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most of the items I want will be available in the aftermarket.
Yea, that's what I've been doing with my jeep. It's really fun and leads to great times with friends and family. I've even met some really awesome people along the way. The guy who sold me his soft top was super awesome, and I'll never forget the quality time with my dad installing the new bumper. It really is the journey, so honestly I enjoy buying stuff that needs a little work and modification.

It's also the reason why I will probably never let go of this jeep, so if I get a Bronco I'll just have to own two cars for the first time in my life lol

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

• I'd like to trade in my focus before it loses all value because of the transmission, it's riddled with issues plus I need new tires soon anyway so it's a win-win. I'm not too worried about the launch as Ford really screwed up the explorer launch and they know that they're screwed if they do something like that again.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, for me I have never had a first model year vehicle. Lots of reasons not to go that route, but I'm getting older (old some would say) and like posted many times before, life is short and unknown.

I have wanted two cars since I was a kid, a Mustang and a Bronco. I have had three Mustangs now as an adult and looks like Ford is granting my second wish.

I have come to realize there is nothing ever perfect, and the next couple year Bronco's may have nothing I want more than what I can get now. I am looking forward to getting it as soon as possible, and hell, I'm ordering what I want, which is more than I have ever done before.

Sponsored

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see so many threads on here where people aren't happy with some aspects of the Bronco. But they are buying anyway. What is the sense of urgency to have it now over waiting?? Several things are shown as late availability. Which means it will not be available at launch. Maybe not even until late in the MY run. If those things are important to you why not wait until you can get exactly what you want??

Speaking for myself I am not happy with any current color. I mean I like some. But not to the point I will be happy with them in ten years. I want heated steering wheel. But I'm not up selling just to get it. I want a white top but it won't be available for a while.

So I've made the decision to wait it out. Maybe some cooler colors will be available next MY or the one after. Maybe they will offer a cold weather package with heated seats, steering wheel and auto start. The white top will be a option. Some other things not expected might be available.

I can say from experience that there is nothing worse than buyers remorse. Knowing what you bought wasn't exactly what you wanted. Knowing something you wanted was coming in the near future but you didn't wait for it. I think so many people are in a rush to have a Bronco, or be the first on their block to have one, that they are willing to settle.

Be happy with your purchase. If the Bronco has everything you want now, then buy now. If not consider being patient. It's not like they are only making these things for a few years.
Because..."LeeeeRroyyyy JenkiNnnnnssss"

Last edited:

vrasmussen

Badlands
First Name
Vee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought white top was going to be available for the MY2022? So the late reservations should be able to order it. Is this wrong?

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Because I want a 2021 model and I can purchase a modular top later. I’m not bothered by anything else.
If they made the MIC top modular, I would be completely happy.......
Boom..what he said!! Plus they come out with green I can always sell, trade in, buy another! Momma can have a fleet! ?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be dirt 56 years from now.
I'll be worm poop, but hey same thing at the end of the day.
Been waiting since they announced they were bringing it back in 2017. Not gonna wait any longer than necessary...
Sponsored