Sponsored

Why can't Ford scheduling be more like Porsche?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last week I placed an order for a 2022 Porsche GT3. I was on a waiting list with money down for 2 years (just based on the rumor of it being built). Once the car was announced, released and able to be ordered, I placed my order and within 1 hour, I had scheduled dates for build, delivery to exit port, arrival at entry port and arrival at dealership. (see pic below)

Why is it so hard for Ford to do basic stuff like this? I must be missing something. This is my third Porsche bought new from the factory and the process has been the same every time.

Ford Bronco Why can't Ford scheduling be more like Porsche? PVM&S - GT3.JPG
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you griping or showing off?

The Bronco has never been built and Ford had 200K+ orders at once. The GT3 is a niche car at best for 161K

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Porsche makes 250,000 vehicles a year, Ford makes 1.3 million. Makes a huge difference in logistics.
And only a tiny fraction of those 250k are GT3’s.

OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Porsche makes 250,000 vehicles a year, Ford makes 1.3 million. Makes a huge difference in logistics.
I think this makes it easier for Ford. They have more money/resources to get their scheduling right. They also have more capacity and flexibility than a smaller manufacturer such as Porsche. And 250k cars is no small number. I can't be the only one frustrated by this whole Bronco scheduling debacle. It's terrible.

Sponsored
OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And only a tiny fraction of those 250k are GT3’s.
True. They will only make between 1500 and 3000 GT3s. But the EXACT same result occurs if you order a Macan, Taycan or Cayenne.

They never made a Taycan before but the exact same process occurs. It can't be that hard.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Because this is a brand new product launch with reservations, logistics, new line, and new shift to figure out. Job 1 hasn’t even started lmao. You will have your estimate in May.
Ford does the same for established products. We recently ordered an F150 and had all the scheduled dates in a couple days.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I agree with this, probably 1 Million of those are cars just ordered for lots that nobody really cares about when ordered. I've ordered multiple new model year Porsches and their process is fantastic. Leave it to the German's to figure out logistics. Ford knew what they had on their hands well over a year ago and in my opinion have done a crap job with the Bronco.

OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because this is a brand new product launch with logistics, new line, and new shift to figure out. Job 1 hasn’t even started lmao. You will have your estimate in May.
Ford does the same for established products. We recently ordered an F150 and had all the scheduled dates in a couple days.
So what. The Taycan was a brand new launch and the exact same thing happens. You will get your delivery estimate almost instantaneously. I know how Porsche is able to do this - they have allocations given out to each dealership that have a production slot already. So when the dealership places an order, bam, the whole schedule is printed out.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Substantive thread. Thanks!

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You had money down for 2 years plus, but now you’re complaining? How is this different other than it probably wouldn’t take 2 years for Bronco if you ordered today, and there really is no money down in most cases. Makes no sense to complain about almost the same timeline, except you got duped into letting someone else hold your money for years...I think you just wanted to brag about the Porsche...

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So what. The Taycan was a brand new launch and the exact same thing happens. You will get your delivery estimate almost instantaneously. I know how Porsche is able to do this - they have allocations given out to each dealership that have a production slot already. So when the dealership places an order, bam, the whole schedule is printed out.
So what, just gonna ignore the facts right. That car isn’t built on an assembly line with the goal of producing as many as possible. Once Ford figures out their capacity you will have your estimate, just like they do for all their other vehicles.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Omg I know, right!! I had the same thought! When I ordered my Lamborghini Reventon they arranged to have the Italian Air Force deliver it by helicopter to my residence ... but Ford is telling me I'll have to arrange for my associate to pick up my Bronco from the nearest dealership? I mean come on guys, the United States spends $750 billion a year on their military and you can't find a SINGLE helicopter?? SMDH what ever happened to customer service 🙄

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
But Henry has no ties to Hitler. Or did he?!

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.