Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F-350 STX, '06 Fusion SE, '19 Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wanted the high pkg which automatically puts you at OBX or higher. Then it came down to always wanting a vehicle with a black appearance package so that put me at a Wildtrak. Was gonna go base squatch but those cameras... lol
Sponsored

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe $3 worth of vinyl sheet or touch up paint would have fixed that....
But what about the blue stitching in the seats?

OP
OP
deanfromkelowna

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They're still disconnecting the sway bar, just with a wrench instead of a button.
I perhaps should have quoted, I will follow all the taco's and do just fine.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's exactly why I want the MGV. I'm in a pretty rainy climate now.
North Carolina has a rainy climate? Try living in the armpit of the country. 😬

OP
OP
deanfromkelowna

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanted brown interior and couldn't get that on the badlands. Once I saw the digital camo cloth seats I had to have them. I know I'm in the minority on that but whatever.
The wildtrak was also cheaper than my badlands build.
Cool, I was digging the brown as well. I do think it's funny how many interior "haters" there are when the Jeep (the only perceivable competitor) has one colour.

OP
OP
deanfromkelowna

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I loved the WT since reveal night. I went back and forth between the BD and The WT. I wanted the high pack which you can’t option on the BD, I preferred the blacked out wheels and grille better. And I’m in the minority but I just like the tan interiors of the WT. I’ve had many a truck with the same ole black interior and thought the WT offered something different..
Ahmen, I have had black interiors for years. time t mix it up. I have a loaded F150 and I can't imagine life without a B&O. ;)

OP
OP
deanfromkelowna

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I may be way off base here, but if your activities with the Bronco necessitates aftermarket bumper, bash plates, and a winch, why would you not want sway bar disco? Just curious.
great question, for me it's a balancing act of features versus price. I will be leasing this one and without the SBD, I will be less likely to get stuck and bash it around too much. This will be a daily driver and I felt better about paying for creature comforts over off-road prowess. But, the Wt will be no slouch. The Wrangler Rubicon is a big seller locally and 99% have never seen the SBD used. So, I had to get real about how much I needed it over the B&O. (I think the SBD on the Bronco will be a game-changer for utility and ease of use). And, if I feel I need it, I can always sell the WT in few years and get a BD. I think Bronco's well hold resale value well.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wanted brown interior and couldn't get that on the badlands. Once I saw the digital camo cloth seats I had to have them. I know I'm in the minority on that but whatever.
The wildtrak was also cheaper than my badlands build.
Honestly the interior has been what is pushing me to WT, still haven't got to order yet waiting my turn. In the end the only thing I was "losing" with the WT over the BL was the swaybar disconnect and I'm not big into rock crawling... and everything I normally go on has never needed it so I feel I can live without it.

jroudebu

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of you, I am sure, I put a lot if thought into my order. I am in Canada so my Bronco was never going to be cheap and once my wife agreed, my budget could stretch. So, why did I order a Wildtrak? I am curious, why did you?

1) sway bar disconnect - after owning Wrangler and researching the Rubicon it seems to me that very few folks use the disconnect-ever. And while the Bronco system will be an easy system to use by comparison my research tells me that probably 90% of Badlands won’t get used for hard core rock crawling. And, the Rubicon trim on the Jeep is an aesthetic purchase as much as anything else. Another thought, the Taco does not have one and loses no off-road points.

2) bash plates - I can add these aftermarket.

3) front bumper - I am going to buy a winch and upgrade the bumper anyway and I want the forward-facing camera.

4) wash out floors versus carpet - 90% of my kilometres will be on-road and trips. I think it will be quieter. Plus, the floorboards will most likely have the same mould as the BD so I am guessing we will be able to tap and die our own plugs a few months after delivery. Plus I live in an arid mountain area and shouldn't see a topless flood too often.

5) loaded value - in Canada, the pricing for the features seems like the best value

6) gloss black wheels and accents - I ordered Velocity Blue and the “black on black on dark grey (fenders and MIC top) wheel, grill, side mirrors looks slick to me Versus other trims.

7) interior colour - the Tan might go the best with all the exterior colours

8) 12 inch screen and Lux cameras - after seeing the new 12 inch screen and having a B&O in my F150 and the surround cameras, my ego got the best of me and I am happy to need another year to pay off the extra price.

what reasons did I miss for you?

CB2EBC6C-F92A-40E5-B9BA-709338C2AF5E.jpeg
Shadow Black, Black Wheels, Black Pony, Black Grill, Painted Mirrors to go with my painted top in ‘22. Also hoping they open up all black leather option for WT orders but know I’m dreaming.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@deanfromkelowna similar sentiments from @Bituman and @Tony Sorrento. I was originally a OBX guy because I somehow can't let go of the 12" display in the high package. But once I added 2.7/ Sas/ mod roof/ high package to a OBX, it came out to be within a few hundred quid between the beasts. Since I love romping in the dirt and sand (my buds all have 250s, quads, and sand rails) the addition of Baja made too much sense. I'm not much a rock crawler enthusiast but I do love camping in the Tahoe/ Desolation area. I guess I sort of fell into this trim with the few things I really wanted. Plus I kinda like the sandstone cloth.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like many of you, I am sure, I put a lot if thought into my order. I am in Canada so my Bronco was never going to be cheap and once my wife agreed, my budget could stretch. So, why did I order a Wildtrak? I am curious, why did you?

1) sway bar disconnect - after owning Wrangler and researching the Rubicon it seems to me that very few folks use the disconnect-ever. And while the Bronco system will be an easy system to use by comparison my research tells me that probably 90% of Badlands won’t get used for hard core rock crawling. And, the Rubicon trim on the Jeep is an aesthetic purchase as much as anything else. Another thought, the Taco does not have one and loses no off-road points.

2) bash plates - I can add these aftermarket.

3) front bumper - I am going to buy a winch and upgrade the bumper anyway and I want the forward-facing camera.

4) wash out floors versus carpet - 90% of my kilometres will be on-road and trips. I think it will be quieter. Plus, the floorboards will most likely have the same mould as the BD so I am guessing we will be able to tap and die our own plugs a few months after delivery. Plus I live in an arid mountain area and shouldn't see a topless flood too often.

5) loaded value - in Canada, the pricing for the features seems like the best value

6) gloss black wheels and accents - I ordered Velocity Blue and the “black on black on dark grey (fenders and MIC top) wheel, grill, side mirrors looks slick to me Versus other trims.

7) interior colour - the Tan might go the best with all the exterior colours

8) 12 inch screen and Lux cameras - after seeing the new 12 inch screen and having a B&O in my F150 and the surround cameras, my ego got the best of me and I am happy to need another year to pay off the extra price.

what reasons did I miss for you?

CB2EBC6C-F92A-40E5-B9BA-709338C2AF5E.jpeg
“Why did you get a Wildtrak?”

Apparently so I could have all the commodity issues and potentially be forced into a MY2022 or beyond.
Sponsored