Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sure hope forscan will work.
My f150 with high beams on will keep the dogs and lows on all the same timeim sure stopped us for making our trucks useful for the way we want to use them.
Bambi mode activated!

The wires should be everywhere for factory fogs..change H/light switch. Activate fog option and use all factory wiring?
Nah ford is dumb with thier combos they are providing.. I wait for my23?
Maybe by then they will have it figured out
In my 2001 F150 I could jumper the wires at the light switch to allow brights with fogs. I couldnā€™t hard-wire it on my 2009 F150 and didnā€™t even try on my 2019. Until I logged onto this site, however, Iā€™d never heard of forscan before! šŸ˜‘. I hope that works.

I canā€™t blame Ford for following the law, and the switching is all done by PC boards, micro-relays and software to save costs. The auxiliary switches and external wiring are going to make things much easier...almost old-timey!
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not definite, but I see no reason why the same steps on the OBX wonā€™t be able to attach to the BL model. I would be amazed if the same holes that accept the steps arenā€™t present on the OBX.
They'll fit just fine but you can't order them from the factory

Big AZ

Badlands
First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy 150o silverado z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only reason I see getting a Wildtrak over a similarly loaded Badlands is the Baja mode and black mirror caps which would have went nice with the painted modular top. If you load a Badlands like a Wildtrak you get the additional sway bar disconnect, rock rails, optional MGV interior, and washout floors. With the mic top, I just donā€™t see why anyone would want a Wildtrak unless they were hell bent on the Baja mode. How much better is the Baja mode than any of the other modes?

You can change the beauty rings. I plan on getting the real beadlock rings and ditching my beauty rings on my FE anyway. If Iā€™m not mistaken, the fenders are mic black and donā€™t match the mic gray roof.
Let me know if you want to sell those painted black beauty rings off your wildtrak

Big AZ

Badlands
First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy 150o silverado z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because of the black wheels and accents and with the included Sasquatch and V6 the 60k-ish price point makes it a little less than an equally equipped BL - on which I can't get the side steps or black accents - or OBX, which comes in even more pricey and also has no black accents (but better interior options on both - the only thing that I'd prefer, but that's not enough FOR ME!)

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because of the black wheels and accents and with the included Sasquatch and V6 the 60k-ish price point makes it a little less than an equally equipped BL - on which I can't get the side steps or black accents - or OBX, which comes in even more pricey and also has no black accents (but better interior options on both - the only thing that I'd prefer, but that's not enough FOR ME!)
The OBX configured like a Wildtrak is pricier than both a Wildtrak and a similarly configured Badlands?

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They'll fit just fine but you can't order them from the factory
And as I am sure has been mentioned - need to remove the rock rails . . . and then except for the disco what do you gain with the BL?

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many of you, I am sure, I put a lot if thought into my order. I am in Canada so my Bronco was never going to be cheap and once my wife agreed, my budget could stretch. So, why did I order a Wildtrak? I am curious, why did you?

1) sway bar disconnect - after owning Wrangler and researching the Rubicon it seems to me that very few folks use the disconnect-ever. And while the Bronco system will be an easy system to use by comparison my research tells me that probably 90% of Badlands wonā€™t get used for hard core rock crawling. And, the Rubicon trim on the Jeep is an aesthetic purchase as much as anything else. Another thought, the Taco does not have one and loses no offer road points.

2) bash plates - I can add these after market.

3) front bumper - I am going to buy a winch and upgrade the bumper anyway and I want the forward facing camera.

4) wash out floors versus carpet - 90% of my kilometers will be on road and trips. I think it will be quieter. Plus, the floor boards will most likely have the same mold as the BD so I am guessing we will be able to tap and die our own plugs a few months after delivery. Plus I live in an arid mountain area and should see a topless flood too often.

5) loaded value - in Canada, the pricing for the features seems like the Best value

6) gloss black wheels and accents - I ordered Velocity Blue and the ā€œblack on black on dark grey (fenders and MIC top) wheel, grill, side mirrors looks slick to me Versus other trims.

7) interior colour - the Tan might go the best with all the exterior colours

8) 12 inch screen and Lux cameras - after seeing the new 12 inch screen and having a B&O in my F150 and the surround cameras, my ego got the best of me and I am happy to need another year to pay off the extra price.

why reasons did I miss for you?

CB2EBC6C-F92A-40E5-B9BA-709338C2AF5E.jpeg
I may be way off base here, but if your activities with the Bronco necessitates aftermarket bumper, bash plates, and a winch, why would you not want sway bar disco? Just curious.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm actually still on the fence but here are some thoughts that have me pretty nervous:
  • When spending 60k on this truck, I have a lot of trouble with not having the sway bar disconnect on the Wildtrak. The lower trim has "more features", and to me that's not right.
  • Also, the Badlands has 33's and since most times I'll be driving on the highway and not off roading, that probably makes more sense.
  • To spec the badlands as equal as possible to the Wildtrak, you're going to be spending quite a lot more money, and then will STILL need to do aftermarket mods (like changing out the grille and adding a tube step, wheels if no Squatch). I'm also already over my budget and not willing to spend more.
  • Also, if you do Squatch the Badlands, you can't get the tube step. Not having seen the truck yet I don't know how big of a problem that is but I do have some short passengers.
  • I'm also nervous about my AMB color choice, since the black decal wont pop the way I'd like.
  • I also do not want to give up the fog lights
Overall I'm frustrated with Ford's descision to not allow us to spec the wildtrack with more options like washout interior and sway bar disconnect, but it is what it is.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I could be like the super cool Big Bend guys and get the Sandstone interior, carpet, and Bumper with fog lights.

OK, I'm just a BB guy trolling.... :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I may be way off base here, but if your activities with the Bronco necessitates aftermarket bumper, bash plates, and a winch, why would you not want sway bar disco? Just curious.
I'll speak on this because I fall exactly into this category. I've been through the Rubicon, Moon Rocks, etc. I don't "enjoy" rock crawling as my primary means of off roading. I prefer dunes and desert. Nevada, Baja, etc. That is all higher speed rocks, brush, etc. I wont need the sway bar disco but I will need the extra protection.

I originally defaulted to the badlands thinking that was the right model for me but after thinking about it more and looking into the options and differences I'm going with a WT now. I will almost never use the Rock Crawl mode and I'd rather have the interior options the WT offers over it. I also think I'd use Sport mode.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sasquatch is available on all trims...
I don't know if this is true or just a bug but on the online builder shows the Wildtrack Sasquatch is the only one that has the black beauty ring.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if this is true or just a bug but on the online builder shows the Wildtrack Sasquatch is the only one that has the black beauty ring.
FE as well. My BL will as soon as I paint it. šŸ˜€

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The OBX configured like a Wildtrak is pricier than both a Wildtrak and a similarly configured Badlands?
Yes. Not by a ton . . . but yes. And you still sacrifice a GOAT mode and (IMO) the better looking wheels and accents.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrak and FE are the only ones that get the black ring. Not coincidentally the trims with standard Sasquatch.
Sponsored