First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like many of you, I am sure, I put a lot if thought into my order. I am in Canada so my Bronco was never going to be cheap and once my wife agreed, my budget could stretch. So, why did I order a Wildtrak? I am curious, why did you?

1) sway bar disconnect - after owning Wrangler and researching the Rubicon it seems to me that very few folks use the disconnect-ever. And while the Bronco system will be an easy system to use by comparison my research tells me that probably 90% of Badlands won’t get used for hard core rock crawling. And, the Rubicon trim on the Jeep is an aesthetic purchase as much as anything else. Another thought, the Taco does not have one and loses no off-road points.

2) bash plates - I can add these aftermarket.

3) front bumper - I am going to buy a winch and upgrade the bumper anyway and I want the forward-facing camera.

4) wash out floors versus carpet - 90% of my kilometres will be on-road and trips. I think it will be quieter. Plus, the floorboards will most likely have the same mould as the BD so I am guessing we will be able to tap and die our own plugs a few months after delivery. Plus I live in an arid mountain area and shouldn't see a topless flood too often.

5) loaded value - in Canada, the pricing for the features seems like the best value

6) gloss black wheels and accents - I ordered Velocity Blue and the “black on black on dark grey (fenders and MIC top) wheel, grill, side mirrors looks slick to me Versus other trims.

7) interior colour - the Tan might go the best with all the exterior colours

8) 12 inch screen and Lux cameras - after seeing the new 12 inch screen and having a B&O in my F150 and the surround cameras, my ego got the best of me and I am happy to need another year to pay off the extra price.

what reasons did I miss for you?

Ford Bronco Why did you order a Wildtrak? CB2EBC6C-F92A-40E5-B9BA-709338C2AF5E
Sponsored

Last edited:

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only reason I see getting a Wildtrak over a similarly loaded Badlands is the Baja mode and black mirror caps which would have went nice with the painted modular top. If you load a Badlands like a Wildtrak you get the additional sway bar disconnect, rock rails, optional MGV interior, and washout floors. With the mic top, I just don’t see why anyone would want a Wildtrak unless they were hell bent on the Baja mode. How much better is the Baja mode than any of the other modes?

You can change the beauty rings. I plan on getting the real beadlock rings and ditching my beauty rings on my FE anyway. If I’m not mistaken, the fenders are mic black and don’t match the mic gray roof.

Sj2021wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f350 6.7, 2016 gmc Sierra denali 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Im a day 2 reservation #38 at my dealer. I went wildtrak because it will be a pavement princess, so I went lux 4 door dual soft/MOD top. It also won't be a daily driver more of a nice weekend ride. As for off-road I have other toys built for that purpose, so I'm content waiting on MY22 so I can get it they way I want it.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I loved the WT since reveal night. I went back and forth between the BD and The WT. I wanted the high pack which you can’t option on the BD, I preferred the blacked out wheels and grille better. And I’m in the minority but I just like the tan interiors of the WT. I’ve had many a truck with the same ole black interior and thought the WT offered something different..

Sponsored

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m getting a WT for those same reasons. However, you mention “Lux Cameras”. From what I understand, the Lux package doesn’t offer any different camera features than the High package does. If I’m wrong please let me know because I only ordered the High package with that understanding lol.

Also I’ll use Sport mode before rock crawl. I can just lock in and put it in 4L and be fine with any rock crawling I’d ever do. Which would be rare.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only reason I see getting a Wildtrak over a similarly loaded Badlands is the Baja mode and black mirror caps which would have went nice with the painted modular top. If you load a Badlands like a Wildtrak you get the additional sway bar disconnect, rock rails, optional MGV interior, and washout floors. With the mic top, I just don’t see why anyone would want a Wildtrak unless they were hell bent on the Baja mode. How much better is the Baja mode than any of the other modes?

You can change the beauty rings. I plan on getting the real beadlock rings and ditching my beauty rings on my FE anyway. If I’m not mistaken, the fenders are mic black and don’t match the mic gray roof.
Baja mode is on Badlands as well. But I agree with your point about BL vs WT

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m getting a WT for those same reasons. However, you mention “Lux Cameras”. From what I understand, the Lux package doesn’t offer any different camera features than the High package does. If I’m wrong please let me know because I only ordered the High package with that understanding lol.
Correct, the upgraded cameras are tied into the high package. Its what made me go up to that package.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sport Mode is what Wildtrak has over Badlands. And I know I'll be using that far more than other modes.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
WT is wider with a beefy stance. I like the graphics. Baja Desert runner that will get you thru the mud and ruts as well. Priced comes in where i want it. Would prefer MGV, but it is what it is. I won't be rock climbing and don't need the stablizer disconnect. Don't want an orange trimmed interior either. Different strokes for different folks and all that...

Sponsored

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wildtrak makes sense to me if you want the high or lux packages and don't plan on much top off driving (outside of say SoCal where it never rains for 7+ months). If you only want the mid package without mgv and washout floors, a loaded BB with upgraded lights is a couple grand less. You're paying a lot more for going with the WT for the badge and baja mode if you only want the mid package. Front grille's can be swapped and beauty rings can be powder coated for less than the difference between a loaded BB and a WT.

Personally, I want to have as much top off freedom as possible without worry of my seats and floors turning into a mildew factory with a 30% chance of rain predicted most summer days, so MGV is a crucial feature for me. (the cloth seats on our wrangler jk will mildew pretty bad if caught in the rain top down).

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because it looks great and has the 2.7 / SAS standard along with many other options I wanted.
Also Ill never have to say "Well I did get the bigger engine in my Badlands."

Nothing against the BL. No need for flying chairs!! :)

OP
OP
deanfromkelowna

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Also I’ll use Sport mode before rock crawl. I can just lock in and put it in 4L and be fine with any rock crawling I’d ever do. Which would be rare.
I was thinking more about the front camera not being compatible with the heavy duty bump and winch. I was thinking there will be a winch/bumper after market that will allow the front camera. Not a big issue, but for some perhaps.

OP
OP
deanfromkelowna

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wildtrak makes sense to me if you want the high or lux packages and don't plan on much top off driving (outside of say SoCal where it never rains for 7+ months). If you only want the mid package without mgv and washout floors, a loaded BB with upgraded lights is a couple grand less. You're paying a lot more for going with the WT for the badge and baja mode if you only want the mid package. Front grille's can be swapped and beauty rings can be powder coated for less than the difference between a loaded BB and a WT.

Personally, I want to have as much top off freedom as possible without worry of my seats and floors turning into a mildew factory with a 30% chance of rain predicted most summer days, so MGV is a crucial feature for me. (the cloth seats on our wrangler jk will mildew pretty bad if caught in the rain top down).
Good point about the seats. I live in a dry area so I should be able to avoid your challenge. So, Ford designers get a win for the seat options.
Sponsored