Sponsored

Why didn't Ford integrate the keypad into pillar?

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just remember, “ford engineers know best…”

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have three different Fords and none have locking fuel filler doors. So no, it doesn't lock.
That’s interesting. Most of my other vehicles have an interior release for the gas flap so it’s secure. I assumed it locked with the vehicle. I was wondering why everyone was putting it there. Bad non feature

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Big Boss Any chance you could post a picture of it on the fuel door? I just picked one up from the parts department and I'm questioning if it'll fit. Thanks!
had mine there for over a year.

Ford Bronco Why didn't Ford integrate the keypad into pillar? 9AF3478E-6AAF-4C9F-8C5F-0925BA94E99C

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s the point of the keypad assuming you have the FordPass app to unlock the vehicle?
I stopped reading at this post so forgive me if anyone has said this already in 5 pages, but surfing ;)

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you guys actually use it when moved to the fuel door? I think if I did that, I would never use it, inconvenient and out of sight, out of mind.

I use all three of mine, Super Duty, Explorer, and Bronco every time I touch them. It would be dumb for me to do this relocate. Just putting it out there for people who are considering this route and never owned a Ford with this system. You may be defeating the whole point of the keyless entry by putting it in an inconvenient place.

BodhiMac

Black Diamond
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you guys actually use it when moved to the fuel door? I think if I did that, I would never use it, inconvenient and out of sight, out of mind.

I use all three of mine, Super Duty, Explorer, and Bronco every time I touch them. It would be dumb for me to do this relocate. Just putting it out there for people who are considering this route and never owned a Ford with this system. You may be defeating the whole point of the keyless entry by putting it in an inconvenient place.
I agree it would be a pain if you wanted to use it on a daily basis.

I had it on the fuel door on my Ranger. The only time I ever used it was when camping, hiking or at the beach and sometimes when I went to the gym. This way I didn't have to carry my keys with me. On a normal day I just hit the button on my FOB

pequigah

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Ford F-150/Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case it helps anyone else, I decided to go with the tailgate over the fuel door primarily due to not wanting to constantly apply pressure to the fuel door hinge. As you can see in the picture, it’s easy to get to and out of sight from directly behind the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Why didn't Ford integrate the keypad into pillar? 93868143-4B4D-40D2-99C3-C9F2CA7660B8
Ford Bronco Why didn't Ford integrate the keypad into pillar? E4233EAC-AC00-4EEA-8101-A309A823AAB7
Sponsored