Sponsored

Why didn't Ford integrate the keypad into pillar?

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most Ford vehicles I've seen have the keypad on the door frame. Maybe the design of the door had something to do with the key pad not being able to ve built in?
Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most Ford vehicles I've seen have the keypad on the door frame. Maybe the design of the door had something to do with the key pad not being able to ve built in?
"On the door frame" is a recent occurrence. All of the Ford's I've owned that have the pad (dating back to my '88 Turbo Coupe) have it on the door right by the handle just like the Bronco has it from the factory. Though, assuming I ever get my Bronco, I'll be relocating it to the gas cap.

The comments on these threads crack me up. Seems like we get a couple each year. People either love the keypads or don't get it. Not much in between. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s the point of the keypad assuming you have the FordPass app to unlock the vehicle?
Beach. I don’t need a phone at the beach. Maybe I like to leave the key in the vehicle and forgot the phone in the vehicle. It’s a feature that want executed nicely.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"On the door frame" is a recent occurrence. All of the Ford's I've owned that have the pad (dating back to my '88 Turbo Coupe) have it on the door right by the handle just like the Bronco has it from the factory. Though, assuming I ever get my Bronco, I'll be relocating it to the gas cap.

These threads crack me up. Seems like we get a couple each year. People either love the keypads or don't get it. Not much in between. :)
I love the keypad. Just that it’s built in flush on our Bronco Sport. Can’t see it in the pic.

D895523E-9AB0-46F9-B4F6-C536820AF83E.jpeg

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is since it’s held on with double sided tape
I think that’s what I’m going to do. I rarely use the keypad, and I like a clean look.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put mine in the B pillar. And we just got one for my wife’s Bronco and told them not to stick it on the door. It’s going in the pillar as well. It’s useless on the door when we have them off. With it on the pillar. I can at least easily lock/unlock the rear gate. When we go to the beach or anywhere we don’t want to carry keys.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FordPass doesn’t work half the time. Especially of late.
so odd. I havent had 1 problem with ford pass in 9 months not working.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so odd. I havent had 1 problem with ford pass in 9 months not working.
Yeah- I never had one issue with my previous 22 BL. But FordPass has been very hit and miss in my 23 WT.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FordPass doesn’t work half the time. Especially of late.
The ranger I sold 4 months ago is still parked at my parents house and has been there for 2 straight years with a half tank of gas. Well according to Fordpass anyways.

Sponsored

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, I use the one on my F350 daily. Not always to unlock it, but for locking it, the keypad is much easier and faster than even fumbling with the keyfob. Shut the door, hit the 2 buttons and walk away. Done and done.
The numbers on two lock buttons are worn off it's used so much. I've gotten to the point where I can hit both buttons with my elbow if my hands are full. I don't even remember my code but rather the sequence to hit the buttons to unlock.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s useless on the door when we have them off..
That is stating the obvious. So if the doors are off, what does it really matter where the pad is. Lol.
The reason Ford put it on the door was so Bronco6g can have another 23 page thread bitching about Ford.
Seems legit.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is stating the obvious. So if the doors are off, what does it really matter where the pad is. Lol.
Yeah, I went down that line of argument and came to the conclusion that if the door is off, the entire purpose of the keypad no longer exists.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if Ford had done a better job blending the keypad into the body I would have it from the factory. As it stands I may consider placing it either on the tailgate or fuel door since it is a nice feature

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I went down that line of argument and came to the conclusion that if the door is off, the entire purpose of the keypad no longer exists.
I mean maybe activate deactivate the alarm and leaving the key in a center console or under seat safe. But that is the only answer I would entertain.
Sponsored