Sponsored

Why do they have such a hard time deciding to put the 5.0 in?

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If they can put the 5.0 into a $35K mainstream car, why are they so hesitant to put it into the Bronco? I never understood this conceptually. Does it not fit or something? I mean it's got a solid real axle, surely the current chasis can easily handle the power without any other modifications. Basically why are pony cars the only place car makers put affordable V8s?
Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If they can put the 5.0 into a $35K mainstream car, why are they so hesitant to put it into the Bronco? I never understood this conceptually. Does it not fit or something? I mean it's got a solid real axle, surely the current chasis can easily handle the power without any other modifications. Basically why are pony cars the only place car makers put affordable V8s?
Pretty sure it doesn't fit on the Ranger chassis.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don’t mind me. I’m just getting my chair ready.

Ford Bronco Why do they have such a hard time deciding to put the 5.0 in? 1594864372070

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Car reviewer Doug DeMuro had a thought in his recent video about the Bronco that Ford might be waiting until interest wanes in a year or two before releasing a Bronco Raptor with a V8 in it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChrisMeyers

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Car reviewer Doug DeMuro had a thought in his recent video about the Bronco that Ford might be waiting until interest wanes in a year or two before releasing a Bronco Raptor with a V8 in it.
I think that's a possibility too, first thing I thought if they don't stick in the turbo 3.5. But that doesnt address my ultimate question because it won't be affordable. I just cant figure out how they have the economics in Pony Cars to put them into sub 40K cars but in nothing else. Dodge kind of addresses this gripe by putting the largest motors possible like the 392 into the kinda secret Scat pack cars. But they are the only ones who even try.

Jcl78

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser, 2016 Mustang GT PP1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Coyote owner, I honestly think the 2.7 is a better fit (pun intended?) for the Bronco application. The 5.0 has a very linear power curve, it is not a massive torque hit off the line like the Chevy 6.2 is, it needs to be revved to maximize the power application. Great in a Mustang, not so much in a Bronco, just my opinion.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Coyote owner, I honestly think the 2.7 is a better fit (pun intended?) for the Bronco application. The 5.0 has a very linear power curve, it is not a massive torque hit off the line like the Chevy 6.2 is, it needs to be revved to maximize the power application. Great in a Mustang, not so much in a Bronco, just my opinion.
I agree on the coyote (I haven't driven a 2.7). It's a bit of a dog a low rpms but it screams up top. Not the greatest for low rpm off road driving

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think that's a possibility too, first thing I thought if they don't stick in the turbo 3.5. But that doesnt address my ultimate question because it won't be affordable. I just cant figure out how they have the economics in Pony Cars to put them into sub 40K cars but in nothing else. Dodge kind of addresses this gripe by putting the largest motors possible like the 392 into the kinda secret Scat pack cars. But they are the only ones who even try.
The F150 Raptor would get a V8 before the Bronco would. So, we should keep our eyes peeled on that to see if that even shakes out.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think Ford is trying to kill off the V8 in general. I'm surprised the new F150 wasn't all Ecoboost and zero coyote. I'm convinced Ford is actually angry that they feel the pressure to still make a V8 with manual mustang. Even their half million dollar super car was Ecoboost....

OP
OP
ChrisMeyers

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The F150 Raptor would get a V8 before the Bronco would. So, we should keep our eyes peeled on that to see if that even shakes out.
I'm really wondering how much the 392 Wrangler will be and how popular now that it's all but guaranteed to be coming out soon. I think if it does well, it will expedite Ford putting it in. The 392 10 speed cars are just dynamite so Im waiting and seeing. Good to have competition.

Hali94

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150, 94 Mustang gt
Pretty sure it doesn't fit on the Ranger chassis.
It’s all a game. Their not going to show all their cards until the time is right. In a couple years when all the hype dies down Ford will most likely add something more awesome to make more money. It’s all about making money and keeping people interested years to come.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm really wondering how much the 392 Wrangler will be and how popular now that it's all but guaranteed to be coming out soon. I think if it does well, it will expedite Ford putting it in. The 392 10 speed cars are just dynamite so Im waiting and seeing. Good to have competition.
I wouldn't hold your breath.

IF it does come out it will be $$$$ and a low volume specialty unit I bet.
Sponsored