Sponsored

Why do they have such a hard time deciding to put the 5.0 in?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And I double quote “I've yet to see a stock 2.7 deliver any kind of non-linear power. You're welcome to go and look for it, and best of luck in that endeavor.”
I think you're getting confused here. You'd do well to go back and reread the conversation and try to think about the point you were trying to make.
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you're getting confused here. You'd do well to go back and reread the conversation and try to think about the point you were trying to make.
I haven’t gotten confused, you gave us videos of 0-60 pulls and asked to find the non linearity, I found it, you moved the goal post.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... There’s no need for broad categorizations and insults. If someone called everyone who wants a V8 a dumb redneck their post would be deleted too.

Discussion is fine, but make your point without personal attacks.
That would be a new revelation from what I've seen. I couldn't even guess the number of times I've been attacked and insulted for disagreement with the prevailing sentiment.

With thumbs up given from the moderators and admin to boot.

Kind of late to the inclusivity and consideration philosophy.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"non-linearity" is pretty silly since a daily driver would very rarely go from idle to redline in a single gear, and when they do they just want to go as fast as possible no matter what. In all other scenarios the transmission or part throttle is in play.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they can put the 5.0 into a $35K mainstream car, why are they so hesitant to put it into the Bronco? I never understood this conceptually. Does it not fit or something? I mean it's got a solid real axle, surely the current chasis can easily handle the power without any other modifications. Basically why are pony cars the only place car makers put affordable V8s?
You seem to forget that all the pony cars initially got their V8s from trucks. The Coyote 5.0 is the first one Ford designed specifically for Mustang. And give it time, someone will make a kit to wedge it in their once these are released to the public. Ford may be saving that for a special edition, you don’t want to unleash everything you have on the first salvo.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have both engine currently, their power bands are way different, the EB for 4x4 stuff is the way to go.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the horse dead yet? Someone should really put em out of his misery..

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's not my fault some can't understand that offroading is more than flooring it from a dead stop.

It's not my fault that some can't understand that datalogging is 1000% better than a video.

It's not my fault some can't follow the simple argument of linear power (with decent throttle response) in an engine, can't understand that it involves the entire RPM band, can't understand why it is desired, and can't understand that even the smallish 5.0, has it over the 2.7.

Not my fault some can't understand that actual dyno charts, while not perfect, are at least real data, vs someone's made up theoretical power charts.

Certainly not my fault some can't read the answers, gloss over them (or worse claim there was no answer to them), or treat the topic more like a political discussion.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I mostly race my V8s at the track, though I do drive my wife's 2.7 EcoBoost regularly.
Road course I meant, not sure if you thought I meant drag strip. What vehicle is the 2.7 in?

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Screw the Coyote. I want a Voodoo Bronco. Voodoo! Voodoo! Voodoo!

Petition?

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
RPM's start increasing @ 9 seconds, almost 11 seconds until speedo moves. But hey Ecoboosts don't have any lag, LOL!!

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question would be why do people have this need for a 5.0 motor in it? I wouldn't offer it either. Raptors, GT40's, many of Fords performance vehicles are using eco-boosts with great success. Look at the data objectively and you will see that having a V8 doesn't enhance performance anymore. Does a Coyote motor sound better than an eco-boost? Absolutely. Other than that I see no advantage to the V8. I have had eco-boosts in the last 10 Ford vehicles I have owned and they all worked well with no issues.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My question would be why do people have this need for a 5.0 motor in it?
Because 90% of the Bronco is an image thing. Everybody wants to be a tough guy badass with the biggest, baddest thing around so that they can impress the people that don't actually care. It's why everyone here has a hardon for knocking Jeep - us vs. them. My team vs. your team. If you're not for us you're against us. Guess what? The Wrangler's going to be better offroad. All of this BS about "Jeep recovery team" and "you have a winch? I have a Bronco" is stupid tribalism. The Wrangler is not short on offroad capability. It has better angles than every Bronco without Sasquatch, and better articulation than every Bronco period.

It's why everybody wants the Sasquatch package but 90% of Broncos will never see more than a gravel road. It's an image and identity thing. But people don't realize that, so they'll run around in circles trying to justify what they want as though it's just the logical choice, not realizing that so much of their identity and who they are is wrapped up in something that no one else even cares about.

See how many people complaining about how "wimpy" the 32" tires look. They're freaking 32" tires! They'll handle basically anything short of Steel Bender, but it's really important that some of these people get the 35" M/Ts so they can drive up to the local ice cream shop and park and see how many people are staring at their $52,000 princess.

V8s are the same way. People have tied a big V8 engine to masculinity and manliness and power and prestige, so to not have a V8 means you're the opposite of those things - puny, weak, girly, humble. BLECK! Not me I'M A BIG MAN! So they'll try to rationalize around that decision with everything else but honesty.

edit: All of this to say I don't hate the Bronco or Bronco owners. It is badass and I'm looking forward to cruising down to my local ice cream shop with the top and doors off and going camping and hauling kids around and loading it up with firewood and ripping around in the snow and all of the other fun shit a Bronco would be great at.
Sponsored

Last edited: