Sponsored

Why do they have to change the Wildtrak trim?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why the change? I suspect it's just easier for production, one less change on the line and fewer parts to inventory.
This argument doesn't hold water because they're still making the painted parts for now ONLY OBX.....if anything this give sthose parts less economies of scale.

I'm not even sure if it's right to be honest, I know in the order guide it says MIC handles and mirrors for 2022 wildtrak, but B&P (for 2022) is still showing the body painted handles and black painted mirrors. I know that the order guide is normally the bible for these things, and it's probably more likely that B&P is wrong, but I'm waiting to see the ones they actually start producing.
The order guide is the final word on it - B&P is what it is, and is often incorrect.

Also...it's definitely not an ideal solution, and I understand the frustration about not getting the car that you originally were told you'd get because they couldn't build them fast enough, but you might be able to...

a. vinyl wrap the mirrors and door handles in the color of your choice.
b. buy the parts (i.e. painted door handles with proximity sensors)
c. swap the parts with someone with OBX who wanted MIC (I'm expecting there's going to be a lot more of this type of marketplace swaps once more people in the forum actually have their trucks)
The problem with wrapping them is I believe they're textured which doesn't work great with wrapping.

Just annoying that I'm now going to have to spend hundreds of extra dollars now to get what I originally ordered.

Personally I don't mind the change from a style perspective.

The question I haven't seen answered is....did they remove paint matched parts from the OBX as well?

Because then it's a production change....not a style decision....otherwise the WT would have still at least kept the door handles paint matched...

If the OBX is not changing then yes we are getting a little downgrade in quality on what is a supposedly higher trim which doesn't make sense and should honestly have taken a little something off the pricing....
I could go with it if they made the handles (and mirrors) gloss black, but I don't want the cheap plastic......there's a reason I'm avoiding the MIC top - trying to avoid as much long term fading as I can.

OBX retains its painted caps/handles. So Wildtrak being "OBX plus....XYZ features" means it's a downgrade getting these plastic handles.

----

I don't have twitter, but maybe the OP can ask if the painted parts will return for '23 when the MOD top returns? I can only hope they don't go a step further and remove the gloss black grille for '23....

Maybe I can work something out to where the dealer will replace these parts with painted ones at or after delivery.
Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was always just a name....a cheap way for Ford to throw another "premium" trim in the lineup by making a few popular options standard on the OBX. It offers nothing special for "high-speed" off-roading that any Badlands or Squatch'd Bronco doesn't also. It brings basically nothing unique to the table.
True, my reasoning was to get all the painted goodies. Iā€™ll never rock climb. So, it was really the best fit for me. When they basically made it a Badlands light. It was done with it.

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

whoever thought "blue" accents with with black/brown interior needs to be fired. what happened to simple black or brown seats colors.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

whoever thought "blue" accents with with black/brown interior needs to be fired. what happened to simple black or brown seats colors.
The Big 3 have always had questionable taste with color matching. They need to fire the old people they have in charge and steal some younger interior designers. šŸ˜‚

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Big 3 have always had questionable taste with color matching. They need to fire the old people they have in charge and steal some younger interior designers. šŸ˜‚
Hell Jeep has Red/Orange/Blue/Bronze accents on there models for Rubicon/Mojave/Rubicon 392/4XE but at least they pair good with what they offer. I feel Ford's take one Bronco is the example of waiting for the last minute to start and finish a project (copied from someone else) and hope the teacher doesnt notice.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vast majority of Wildtrak orders have been pushed to 2022. Why are they changing the details that made us love it originally?
CD63BAB9-C6FC-41DD-A5B0-C3C788D760C5.png
9F008D41-D5E4-446F-A386-053B1E633750.png
Just let me buy the car I wanted in July 2020!
I originally ordered the Wildtrak, went with badlands because didnt want to wait for MOD ..the badlands door handles are crap..hard to keep clean and will fade and look like crap As time goes on.

They are just simply cheaper to make than color match painted handles ..itā€™s that simple and Levine knows it.

im so sick of the dorks and the whole ā€œitā€™s (glossy grille and mirrors ) doesnā€™t match the flaresā€ let me clue you in, none of the Broncosā€™ interiors match at all unless you want black and ...crickets.
all the Wildtrak is now is a standard Sasquatch package ..

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a place that is selling paint matched door handles and mirror shells already, canā€™t find the thread ATM, was recent.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/painted-mirror-caps-and-door-handles-ordered.25886/

I can't find the thread on B6G, but I saved the site the thread linked to. I have an OBX on order and I intend to change my mirror caps to gloss black to match the grill and my eventual HT.
Yup! Here yā€™all go https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/painted-mirror-caps-and-door-handles-ordered.25886/

I will be looking to swap out the WT grill on my '21 with someone with a Badlands grill. Then I'll just have the mirrors, wheels and bronco emblem in a glossy finish - call them 'accents'. The grill, top and fender flares will all match.
Iā€™m down to trade! Where are you located? I ordered all shadow black painted mirror caps and door handles. All I need now is a gloss black grill to complete the set

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m down to trade! Where are you located? I ordered all shadow black painted mirror caps and door handles. All I need now is a gloss black grill to complete the set
Long Island, NY. If ā€˜LakerLandā€™ is where I think it is, it might be tough.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Believe me here. The 2022 Wildtrak looks better. The 2021 was super hodgepodge.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lmack

Lmack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Believe me here. The 2022 Wildtrak looks better. The 2021 was super hodgepodge.
How do you know? Have you seen it? I guess I am visual and just need to see the look. I changed back to MIC top instead of the soft top over the weekend.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you know? Have you seen it? I guess I am visual and just need to see the look. I changed back to MIC top instead of the soft top over the weekend.
I don't know anything. Just what I feel. The 21 had the gloss mirror caps along with the gloss grill. Nothing matches. Gray MIC (unless you go Carbonized Gray) matte black fender flares, bumper, black gloss wheels.
They dropped the gloss black mirror caps and painted door handles for 22. That's going in the right direction. The grill should be MIC black as in the BD IMO. Not a fan of total black wheels as they do nothing to highlight and are totally invisible from a distance. Like I said hodgepodge. I would change the grill and the bead lock rings if I could come to terms with the interior. Then there is that ugly plastic rear bumper with no factory upgrade option to the nicer steel one.
It just needs some help, but that's just my opinion and why I ordered a SAS Carbonized Gray 2DR BD.
Moving from that saggy, frumpy rag top was a great decision.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It works well enough if you get VB haha.

Ford Bronco Why do they have to change the Wildtrak trim? 1635209412889

I don't know anything. Just what I feel. The 21 had the gloss mirror caps along with the gloss grill. Nothing matches. Gray MIC (unless you go Carbonized Gray) matte black fender flares, bumper, black gloss wheels.
They dropped the gloss black mirror caps and painted door handles for 22. That's going in the right direction. The grill should be MIC black as in the BD IMO. Not a fan of total black wheels as they do nothing to highlight and are totally invisible from a distance. Like I said hodgepodge. I would change the grill and the bead lock rings if I could come to terms with the interior. Then there is that ugly plastic rear bumper with no factory upgrade option to the nicer steel one.
It just needs some help, but that's just my opinion and why I ordered a SAS Carbonized Gray 2DR BD.
Moving from that saggy, frumpy rag top was a great decision.
Yeah, that's one thing I don't understand - why you can't option up to the steel rear bumper like you can on the front.

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2015 Convertible Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Wildtrak as it was originally introduced only came with the painted MOD top. Therefore the grille, mirrors, and top all matched. Now with this new info, they should do a MIC grille because now that will look ugly being gloss black
Hi! Do you know if they are still planning to do a painted MOD top? I just bought a 2021 because I personally prefer the gloss black mirror caps and painted door handles on the Oxford White with body graphics, and when I found out they were pulling them for the ā€˜22, I looked for a ā€˜21 off the lotā€¦ A painted MOD top would look pretty sick, too! Who knows though, right?! Iā€™m just super happy I have one!

56299EAB-94BA-45E5-8132-21D7A3F2AA0E.jpeg

bk4gbay

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F-350 STX, '06 Fusion SE, '19 Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi! Do you know if they are still planning to do a painted MOD top? I just bought a 2021 because I personally prefer the gloss black mirror caps and painted door handles on the Oxford White with body graphics, and when I found out they were pulling them for the ā€˜22, I looked for a ā€˜21 off the lotā€¦ A painted MOD top would look pretty sick, too! Who knows though, right?! Iā€™m just super happy I have one!

56299EAB-94BA-45E5-8132-21D7A3F2AA0E.jpeg
As far as i know the MOD top is still a go, but I woudnt put it past them to cancel it. I only want a 2 door Wildtrak as it was originally introduced in 2020. If they dont offer it like that in the future, I'm out. Time will tell.

BTW, your Wildtrak is amazing! Better with MOD top though ;)
Sponsored