Sponsored

Why do they have to change the Wildtrak trim?

Lmack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The vast majority of Wildtrak orders have been pushed to 2022. Why are they changing the details that made us love it originally?
Ford Bronco Why do they have to change the Wildtrak trim? CD63BAB9-C6FC-41DD-A5B0-C3C788D760C5
Ford Bronco Why do they have to change the Wildtrak trim? 9F008D41-D5E4-446F-A386-053B1E633750
Just let me buy the car I wanted in July 2020!
Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mike Levine comment makes me wish I had a 2022 wild track now. The glossy mirrors and grill made no sense because it didn’t match anything else. It looks so much better with the MIC color and I disagree that it’s lesser quality.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't mind them changing the mirrors, I just don't understand why they would change the painted handles, I like the look of matching handles, just looks cleaner.. either way, easy fix, will just have them paint matched, just sucks that I will have to take that step when it was already done for '21

bk4gbay

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F-350 STX, '06 Fusion SE, '19 Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Wildtrak as it was originally introduced only came with the painted MOD top. Therefore the grille, mirrors, and top all matched. Now with this new info, they should do a MIC grille because now that will look ugly being gloss black

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree that the WT was special with the black features. Despite the MOD going away, it still looks good. I think the black soft top option would have brought those features out.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Wildtrak as it was originally introduced only came with the painted MOD top. Therefore the grille, mirrors, and top all matched. Now with this new info, they should do a MIC grille because now that will look ugly being gloss black
Exactly right, once they lost the mod top, the bright black painted bits didn't work. I switched to BL once the mod top news about 2023 was finally admitted and MIC was the only option. With a black soft top it would have looked good, but now that they offer a black soft top, they remove the handles and mirrors which will now look worse in gray (4-Door, the two door will still look goofy with just the grill painted black). Cosmetically a terrible idea. At a guess the mirrors and door handles were getting chipped too badly in the real world and were removed for that reason. It most assuredly will not look better with the black soft top standard roof (4-door).

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mind them changing the mirrors, I just don't understand why they would change the painted handles, I like the look of matching handles, just looks cleaner.. either way, easy fix, will just have them paint matched, just sucks that I will have to take that step when it was already done for '21
There is a place that is selling paint matched door handles and mirror shells already, can’t find the thread ATM, was recent.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is a place that is selling paint matched door handles and mirror shells already, can’t find the thread ATM, was recent.
I can't find the thread on B6G, but I saved the site the thread linked to. I have an OBX on order and I intend to change my mirror caps to gloss black to match the grill and my eventual HT.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sport mode is what makes me choose the WT. The gloss black didn't look right to me. Made it way too busy with the MIC top and flares being different.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm glad they went to non gloss. Only thing I don't get is why then leave the gloss black grill?

The mismatched blacks is one of the reasons I chose Iconic Silver. It will all look good regardless.
Sponsored