Sponsored

Why do they have to change the Wildtrak trim?

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will be looking to swap out the WT grill on my '21 with someone with a Badlands grill. Then I'll just have the mirrors, wheels and bronco emblem in a glossy finish - call them 'accents'. The grill, top and fender flares will all match.
Sponsored

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why the change? I suspect it's just easier for production, one less change on the line and fewer parts to inventory.

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The interior was the final straw why I changed from WT to BL. Otherwise, WT was perfect for me...regardless of Sport mode, its a trade off as I will be spending more time in the cockpit enjoying the feel vs driving in Sport mode 24/7.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not even sure if it's right to be honest, I know in the order guide it says MIC handles and mirrors for 2022 wildtrak, but B&P (for 2022) is still showing the body painted handles and black painted mirrors. I know that the order guide is normally the bible for these things, and it's probably more likely that B&P is wrong, but I'm waiting to see the ones they actually start producing.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also...it's definitely not an ideal solution, and I understand the frustration about not getting the car that you originally were told you'd get because they couldn't build them fast enough, but you might be able to...

a. vinyl wrap the mirrors and door handles in the color of your choice.
b. buy the parts (i.e. painted door handles with proximity sensors)
c. swap the parts with someone with OBX who wanted MIC (I'm expecting there's going to be a lot more of this type of marketplace swaps once more people in the forum actually have their trucks)

Sponsored

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Personally I don't mind the change from a style perspective.

The question I haven't seen answered is....did they remove paint matched parts from the OBX as well?

Because then it's a production change....not a style decision....otherwise the WT would have still at least kept the door handles paint matched...

If the OBX is not changing then yes we are getting a little downgrade in quality on what is a supposedly higher trim which doesn't make sense and should honestly have taken a little something off the pricing....

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will be looking to swap out the WT grill on my '21 with someone with a Badlands grill. Then I'll just have the mirrors, wheels and bronco emblem in a glossy finish - call them 'accents'. The grill, top and fender flares will all match.
Because Badland owners are clamoring gloss black grills?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of this stuff made me go to a Badlands. I kind of think the Wildtrak is basically just a name now.
It was always just a name....a cheap way for Ford to throw another "premium" trim in the lineup by making a few popular options standard on the OBX. It offers nothing special for "high-speed" off-roading that any Badlands or Squatch'd Bronco doesn't also. It brings basically nothing unique to the table.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only MIC gray plastic on any Bronco is the hardtop and the grilles of the Big Bend and Badlands. The rest is black. The flares won't match. The door handles won't either. Nothing else plastic will match the tops and grilles. I still can't figure out why the chose to go that route with having just a few, but quite noticeable, items in the gray plastic.

Sponsored

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My initial reservation was for a Wildtrak, but since reservations initially opened they have completely botched the Wildtrak release harder than anything else. Thus, I switched to a Badlands.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because Badland owners are clamoring gloss black grills?
Some are. If you had a Black Badlands, you'd want a shiny black grill, right?

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was originally a Wildtrak reservation. After spending some time digging into exactly what I was really getting for an additional $10k (versus my 99% use case), I ended up dropping all the way down to a Basesquatch with the 2.7. Figure I can always go back and add aftermarket leather and heated seats for a fraction of the cost.

OP
OP
Lmack

Lmack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not even sure if it's right to be honest, I know in the order guide it says MIC handles and mirrors for 2022 wildtrak, but B&P (for 2022) is still showing the body painted handles and black painted mirrors. I know that the order guide is normally the bible for these things, and it's probably more likely that B&P is wrong, but I'm waiting to see the ones they actually start producing.
It is confirmed. That's why I reached out to Mike Levine. He is @Ford Motor Company Comms man. Straight from the horse's mouth!