stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can somebody elaborate on why a 2021 4dr Sasquatch cannot have a roof rack, but a 2022 will be able to? Is Ford increasing the GVWR on the 4dr Sasquatch next year to accommodate the roof rack? I can not think of any other reason as to why it would not be available for 2021.

Ford Bronco Why Does 2022 4dr Sasquatch Get Roof Rack 1617222778899
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can somebody elaborate on why a 2021 4dr Sasquatch cannot have a roof rack, but a 2022 will be able to? Is Ford increasing the GVWR on the 4dr Sasquatch next year to accommodate the roof rack? I can not think of any other reason as to why it would not be available for 2021.

I think we saw this list already a couple days ago in a different form but thanks for the affirmation. Mansquatch is real, and will be what im getting in a lower trim Base or BD if my wife doesnt decide she wants high or lux stuff.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been discussed heavily for a while.

Basically Ford said there is a GVWR restriction that doesn't allow the roof rack to be added to certain trims (including squatch).

Ford stated that the rack was being changed for MY22 to allow it to be added.

Note they said *rack* and not *top*.

Additionally, we don't know if this is a physical change (what we assumed) or could be a GVWR adjustment, or what.

There's nothing to suggest that someone can't take delivery of a MY21 Squatch and then immediately purchase the rack separately and install it.

You just can't order them together from the factory in MY21.

OP
OP
stumpm2

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would like to see some type of confirmation on an increase or not on the GVWR for certain trims in 2022. I think they have to be increasing the GVWR because I can not see how any change in the roof rack design would allow for one to be added in 2022 without a GVWR change.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one of a few reasons why we decided to wait till MY22 for our Bronco. I want the 4dr with the Roof rack and hard top.

If I remember correctly, they made changes for the MY22 that makes the roof rack not compatible with the MY21. Don't ask me where I saw that though. lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
stumpm2

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is one of a few reasons why we decided to wait till MY22 for our Bronco. I want the 4dr with the Roof rack and hard top.

If I remember correctly, they made changes for the MY22 that makes the roof rack not compatible with the MY21. Don't ask me where I saw that though. lol
You can get a 2021 4dr with a roof rack and hard top. Just can’t get the roof rack with Sasquatch package or Badlands.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get a 2021 4dr with a roof rack and hard top. Just can’t get the roof rack with Sasquatch package or Badlands.
I forgot to add that we’re also getting Badlands, Sasquatch, and 2.7l

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it was just a software issue in the ordering system where after a certain weight (as with Sasquatch, 2.7, etc.), additional options become disallowed. Including stuff like paint protection film. IIRC that's how the brand manager explained it.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I forgot to add that we’re also getting Badlands, Sasquatch, and 2.7l
So why not just order the Sasquatch badlands 4dr and order a roof rack from your dealer? It’s not like it’s going to spontaneously combust when you install it.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can or will Ford increase the GVW limit? Would this put it in a different class of vehicle than the Jeeps?
Ford has gotta re-engineer the setup without increasing the limit, obviously

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s height and weight of the 4 door Sasquatch. My thoughts were that it was due to higher center of gravity and flex of the tops. Some part will be adjusted in 2022. Whether its a minor change to the hardtop clamshell or possibly adjustment to rear struts as others have said. Given the rails mount to the windshield in the front, the weak point likely resides where the rail mounts to the c pillar section of the hardtop and how that load is transferred through the hardtop clamshell down to the beltline of the body of the bronco

Raising GVWR doesn’t solve the issue. If anything, it creates more of a liability. Allowing customers more payload and adding more weight doesn’t really help the physics of it, it works against it. The 2 door sasquatches gets racks, so....

Who knows. Maybe they make no adjustments to any of the parts, and only offer some type of unsightly beefy exoskeleton rack as a solution (as shown in the latest 4WP video). That rack had horizontal metal framing running to the beltline. Again, compensating for the weak point I mentioned above. No surprise there.

OP
OP
stumpm2

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s height and weight of the 4 door Sasquatch. My thoughts were that it was due to higher center of gravity and flex of the tops. Some part will be adjusted in 2022. Whether its a minor change to the hardtop clamshell or possibly adjustment to rear struts as others have said. Given the rails mount to the windshield in the front, the weak point likely resides where the rail mounts to the c pillar section of the hardtop and how that load is transferred through the hardtop clamshell down to the beltline of the body of the bronco

Raising GVWR doesn’t solve the issue. If anything, it creates more of a liability. Allowing customers more payload and adding more weight doesn’t really help the physics of it, it works against it. The 2 door sasquatches gets racks, so....

Who knows. Maybe they make no adjustments to any of the parts, and only offer some type of unsightly beefy exoskeleton rack as a solution (as shown in the latest 4WP video). That rack had horizontal metal framing running to the beltline. Again, compensating for the weak point I mentioned above. No surprise there.
It can't be due to design strength or height. It has to be due to weight. You can get a 4dr Badlands non-squatch with a rack, but as soon as you add 2.7L motor you can't. Only thing that changes is vehicle weight not CG or flex.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't see how it can Structural simy because you can get in on any 4 door until you add Sasquatch or the HD bumper (or possibly the V6)

Non of which change what is going on with the Top.

A software glitch is a weak excuse but seems to be the most feasible next to a GVVW issue.

Ford has no excuse to leave us in the dark over this. I can only conclude that whatever they have up their sleeve would hurt their 2021 orders if we were to find out because we'd all want to wait till 2022.
Sponsored