Sponsored

Why does badlands have the Baja goat mode if it was not designed for high speed off-roading? (No HOSS 3.0)?

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does badlands have the Baja goat mode if it was not designed for high speed off-roading? (No HOSS 3.0)?
Sponsored

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what is different about Baja goat mode and the slippery (sand and snow) goat mode? Sorry, I'm not an experienced off roader.
Should one ever wish to verify that sand is not "slippery" try using it as a lubricant. ;)

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands doesn’t come with Baja mode but you can add it with forscan. And the badlands does great with the stock bilstiens at high speed…it is a blast. It mainly holds the gears longer so your can get the rpms up….

Edit….yes I know I was wrong…I added sport not Baja….sorry guys.

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands doesn’t come with Baja mode but you can add it with forscan. And the badlands does great with the stock bilstiens at high speed…it is a blast. It mainly holds the gears longer so your can get the rpms up….
Badlands does come with Baja mode.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless they changed something for ‘23 it does not. I had to add it to my ‘22 via forscan

OP
OP
Neverowneda4x4

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless they changed something for ‘23 it does not. I had to add it to my ‘22 via forscan
I have a 22 badlands and it does come with Baja mode. It's why I asked, since I've read on these forums that Baja mode was more suited for the wild track or raptor.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Badlands can, or should, perform well at higher speeds over sand and rough terrain (think flat desert floor), but is more heavily armored for rockcrawling, something lacking in the Wildtrak. Thus, the inclusion of Baja to the Badlands transmission programing makes sense.

Neverowneda4x4, the answer to your question may have something to do with weight. The Badlands is more heavily armored for rockcrawling, but the Wildtrak isn't. Since gross vehicle weight is not an issue in high(er) speed off-road flatland performance driving, there was no reason to exclude Baja mode from the Badlands. But note that the Wildtrak doesn't have rockcrawling--no skidplates! But because of the Badlands' heavier GVW, the Badlands doesn't get Sport mode--too much strain on the gearing. (This can be added through Forscan. As a Badlands/Sas/4DR owner, I don't feel this is necessary. But I'm an old fart.)

Ironically, Wildtrak's reduced weight allowed Ford to put on the heavier, stronger Hoss 3.0 steering and suspension package, not exactly needed on desert-floor speeding, but excluded from the Badlands, which could definitely benefit from that tougher system. So it goes.

Neverowneda4x4, allow me some elder(ly) advice: go carefully on high-speed off-roading, very carefully. Those thrilling 75-mph promotion videos you see, with a rooster tail of dust rising high behind? Those professionals checked out the course very carefully before hand and know for a certainty there are no gulches or holes for those tricked-out 4x4s to hit. Even on a well maintained dirt road, where you think you can cruise at 45 mph+, you might have sudden drops, holes, and washouts you don't want to meet over 5 mph. Don't drive fast unless you know the road or course is flat and free of obstructions.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs