Sponsored

Why does every dealership have so many Badlands and Wildtraks?

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have called over 50 dealerships the last two weeks ISO an EG Outerbanks hardtop and they are like unicorns.
However every single dealership I called had a grip of Badlands and Wildtraks. Do orders get produced in batches by trim or are people just abandoning those trims?
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

People selling their Badlands/Wildtrak to them. They’re making huge profits off selling them back to dealers with low miles.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last I checked, 4-Door hardtops were hard to come by. Lots of soft-tops and 7MNs.

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So... this is what happens when a company reintroduces a beloved vehicle. Most orders are customer orders. And customer orders are generally far more "enthusiast" in their configuration.

So, a LOT of 2-doors get ordered, and a lot of Stick Shifts get ordered, and 30% of orders were Wildtracks and if you add Badlands and Wildtrack together they were actually just over half of orders.

So between higher interest rates, people ordering much more expensive vehicles than they could actually afford, and simply buying something else in the TWO YEARS they had to wait... You are going to see quite a bit more Badlands and Wildtrack abandoned orders than one might ordinarily expect.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, if you are set on Eruption Green, that's not a popular color. Area 51 and Cactus Gray were by far the most ordered colors.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Earnhardt has an EG, 4-door, Big Bend with Sasquatch and AT in stock. (No idea on ADM)

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be interesting to see how the economy, interest rates and company reductions affect the overall market in the next couple years. All kinds of items will probably be more plentiful when demand drops. I think that the fed will take further steps to cool things off.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to see how the economy, interest rates and company reductions affect the overall market in the next couple years.
That's my thinking. Concurring with some of the above posters, as if the long waits and uncertainty weren't enough, interest rates (and hence purchasing costs) are going up. Then there's general uncertainty in the economy. So lots of people ordered pricey models (Badlands & Wildtrak), then backed off. Or bought them and traded them in when they found that the Bronco is not the idea daily drive.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there's a couple contributing factors.
1- as mentioned - some people cashed out on their dream build to pocket $10-$15k by selling a well-equipped build back to the dealer, so the dealer could try to mark it up $25k
2- I think most people who are willing to buy from a dealer are probably not looking for the 'dream build' - they're willing to take something like a Big Bend or an Outer Banks because the most they'll ever do is cruise the Trader Joe's parking lot - so the more hardcore builds like Badlands and Wildtrack are going to continue to sit on the lots with their ridiculous markups

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have called over 50 dealerships the last two weeks ISO an EG Outerbanks hardtop and they are like unicorns.
However every single dealership I called had a grip of Badlands and Wildtraks. Do orders get produced in batches by trim or are people just abandoning those trims?
If I'm not mistaken three most popular trims was Wildtrak, Badlands, and Outer Banks.
Sponsored