Sponsored

Why does Ford bother giving us trackers?

Scout3

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronco Wildtrak.
21/22 Conversion
Original Res 10/26/20
Ordered 1/26/21
Re ordered 10/08/21
Batch # 1/25/22

Today I finally received an expected delivery date. I only JUST received my window sticker within the last week, and have been in production for 3 weeks. It said delivery of 2/08/22. Fantastic. Only to change within 5 hours to 5/09/22. Why does ford even bother with this tracker? Pitch the whole damn program and have the dealer contact their customer base. I’m so fed up with misleading production news, completely false PSA’s, and disingenuous apologies for delays.

I genuinely have nothing positive to say about how FMC handled these production hurdles. Just tell us where the trucks are. I’d rather know the exact issue within a week in lieu of some obscure press release 6 weeks after the fact.

I’m no automotive giant, but why would you ever build any truck if all the parts weren’t available on site? Why does my truck get to sit in the rot lot for 3 months? These are genuine questions for anyone who has the answer.
Sponsored

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Part of the reason they roll incomplete trucks off the line and into a lot is so that the factory can keep running at expected capacity. People stay employed, costs stay in the normal range, etc. it’s absolutely the right thing to do. It sucks for us that the parts aren’t available to fully complete the build, but wouldn’t make sense to shut down the entire assembly line because of a minor hiccup that can be addressed by a separate process later.

I do agree about the communication issue. I’d love to have accurate data in near real time. It’s certainly possible in todays technological world. Though honestly we here on forums like this are a tiny minority. Most of the customer base would never see that and probably doesn’t care as much as we do. I’d bet Ford has at least evaluated the cost of building a better tracker. Maybe they are even working on one. Or maybe the cost outweighs the benefit.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just to fuck with us... Because they can...

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is new to ford. Obviously to us less than perfect. But the system itself is really good. They just don’t maintain it. I have been in some big company environments and this is not so unusual. It seems it takes a longer time to be able to implement into the work.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having a vehicle sit for 3 months in a metro Detroit holding pen is not a good strategy.

Sponsored

Ken Davis

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My question is why did Ford honor the reservation time stamp they once promised! I read where you placed your reservation on 10/26/20! I understand that seems like a very long time, but at least you know that you have a Bronco that's built just waiting on a chip. Try being someone who placed a reservation 10 hours after the launch of the Bronco 7/14/20 and still don't have a build date! Explain to me how that seems fair! @Ford Motor Company screwed this up right from the start!

Ken Davis

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry about my rant, but I think everyone is getting pretty annoyed with Ford right now!

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
So get rid of the tracking system because consumers can’t handle delays? If there wasn’t a tracking system at all I can only imagine how many people would be demanding that Ford implement one.

Ford is only part of this problem. We’ve known about chip shortages for well over the past year. Aside from commodity constraints, a pandemic, country wide labor shortages etc - the other part of this problem is us. Sure we are all excited about our Broncos, but our inability to accept delays is on each of us. Some of us are acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.

And yes, my vehicle delivery just got delayed three months as well.

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronco Wildtrak.
21/22 Conversion
Original Res 10/26/20
Ordered 1/26/21
Re ordered 10/08/21
Batch # 1/25/22

Today I finally received an expected delivery date. I only JUST received my window sticker within the last week, and have been in production for 3 weeks. It said delivery of 2/08/22. Fantastic. Only to change within 5 hours to 5/09/22. Why does ford even bother with this tracker? Pitch the whole damn program and have the dealer contact their customer base. I’m so fed up with misleading production news, completely false PSA’s, and disingenuous apologies for delays.

I genuinely have nothing positive to say about how FMC handled these production hurdles. Just tell us where the trucks are. I’d rather know the exact issue within a week in lieu of some obscure press release 6 weeks after the fact.

I’m no automotive giant, but why would you ever build any truck if all the parts weren’t available on site? Why does my truck get to sit in the rot lot for 3 months? These are genuine questions for anyone who has the answer.
The process is screwed up
Bronco WildTrak
21/22 conversion
Original Reservation July 16,2020
1st order Jan 18, 2021
Re-Ordered Oct 08, 2021
Blend Jan 18, 2022
Original excepted build date Jan 10, next Feb 17, and now 5/18/2022.
It’s weird how reservation dates & time stamps don’t mean anything. I know this topic has been explained over and over. I have nothing good to say about this process either.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As someone who has a first week reservation, this is a solid concern. Hopefully my basic build slips through but damn am I glad I am not concerned my place of employment may be idle or something more serious. Given the communication flaws from fomoco, we are usually left to our own ideas of what is going on there. Hopefully things get turned around and back to normal but I'm a bit nervous.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My question is why did Ford honor the reservation time stamp they once promised! I read where you placed your reservation on 10/26/20! I understand that seems like a very long time, but at least you know that you have a Bronco that's built just waiting on a chip. Try being someone who placed a reservation 10 hours after the launch of the Bronco 7/14/20 and still don't have a build date! Explain to me how that seems fair! @Ford Motor Company screwed this up right from the start!
Assuming a typo and that you are wondering why Ford is NOT following reservation order; note that the OP has a Wildtrak, the OP likely jumped up a lot in line since the MIC is not standard for it in 2022 and it now comes with the soft top automatically (also assuming they went with a four door and that they hopefully didn't miss the change and they actually want a soft top. Although the threads on folks having WT's show up with unexpected soft tops will be not uncommon as the year rolls on and they forget to have their dealer add it.). Allocation and soft tops will move many folks with late reservations to the front.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company is trying to hard to copy Tesla. Unfortunately for them and the reservation holders, they’re getting egg on their face doing it.
Tesla had the advantage of being a start up. Ford has an existing dealer network with franchising liabilities... it would be a slow turn for them to become like Tesla unless the blew up their own system...

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do enjoy reading about others experience knowing I am not alone- feeling so up and down, happy, sad, frustrated, etc. I am a 7/14/20 early AM reservation. I am sure, like the rest of you was so excited when the reservation was placed. Then the E mail that order was placed, then the long waits, turned into longer waits, etc. Then original order canceled, having to order again. Then finally getting a build week of 1/17/22 with the tracker and VIN. Wow that was temporarily very exciting. Now that has gone stagnant- like they don't have parts or something.......so more frustration and waiting........

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I imagine that in a world that wasn't in the midst of a PANDEMIC, with so many labor and supply shortages in the chain that makes the Bronco, the trackers would work fine and be loads of fun. As it is though, they are infuriating. I'm so glad I already got mine..
Sponsored