Why does hard top come with the 2 door but not the 4 door?

Thomas1984

Base
First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Anyone know why this is?

Advertisement

Laminar

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
I assume it's cost savings on the 2 door so they can hit that low base MSRP.

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Probably because they know people wanting a 4 door are likely to prefer and buy the hard top.
This ^ presumably more folks with kiddos will buy 4 doors and spend x-tra for a hardtop. (That's my conspiracy theory conclusion anyway)
200.gif

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Clubs

I really wish they'd give you the damn choice. I personally have no interest whatsoever in a soft top. If I end up in a 4 door, I will buy the hard top, take the softie off, and likely never put it back on.

dangerzone79

First Name
O- -O
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Clubs

I really wish they'd give you the damn choice. I personally have no interest whatsoever in a soft top. If I end up in a 4 door, I will buy the hard top, take the softie off, and likely never put it back on.
You don't get both tops when you buy the hardtop. If you want both, you'll pay for both.

gentlemanbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Clubs

I could be wrong but I swear I saw a dealer saying if you upgrade to the hardtop in the 4 door you still get the soft top. Since the hard top is standard in the 2 door I assume they’ll also sell a soft top. It’s opposite land lmfao
I’m sure there’s also going to be a wide variety of after market tops too. I’m hoping either ford or someone offers a type of “convertible “ hard top or sunroof.

SoccerDude

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Hey, hey hey.... Stop giving Ford any idea's. That is one of the benefits to the 2-door I am looking forward to, "Free" hardtop.

In all seriousness, If there was a cost for the 2-door hardtop that would probably be enough to shift me to the 4-door.

Advertisement

Advertisement