Sponsored

Why does the auto start stop feature bother so many people?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like you are cutting auto start/stop a bit short. There are studies that show that depending on your area, it can save upwards of 15% (in urban settings)…and with gas prices where they are, 15% can be major savings.
Actually I'm being generous and only commenting about what my personal experience would be, my Jeep, the vehicle that will eventually be replaced by the Bronco, is driven approximately 1,500 miles a year. The potential savings of the auto start/stop system (again, for me) are miniscule.

My comment is answering the OP's question on why the auto start stop feature bothers me. Obviously someone that drives in stop and go traffic and thousands of miles a month will see the savings you quote.
Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I may have missed the party on this thread but I would just like to chime in that I hated the auto start/stop feature in my last car, which was an automatic, but in my bronco, which is a manual, I’ve found that I don’t mind it at all.
Don’t worry just look at the title
The op just wants to know why it bothers some people.
Thats all.
these guys are just on a piss, match tangent, ignore them!
lol!

D Rock

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2-Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco is the first vehicle I had with the auto Stop/Start. I thought it would bother me, but I've actually been surprised at how well it works. I barely notice it now.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will explain why I hate the feature. I work in the construction business and my partners husband is a chief deputy for a rural Sheriff department. We were at a job site which is 2.5 blocks from the police station that was burned down during the George Floyd riots. I pulled up to a signal light and a homeless man crossed in front of us, of course the car shut off until he was at the corner of the car and the light changed. Once releasing my foot from the brake the engine turned over and started. How would your comfort level be when the homeless guy right at the fender was startled and others around?
We see the dog whistle here, done in your very first post, troll.

Jer8716

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will say that in the four days and 900 miles I had my bronco I didn't notice the start stop. Now the 2018 jeep compass I got as a loaner when i took my bronco in for a rear end issue and have put more miles on then I did my bronco. The start top is very noticeable and it drives me up a wall. It takes a few seconds longer to start then the bronco. So in other words bronco no problem jeep problem. The jeep will shut off when I stop in my drive way and have to restart when I put it in park. The bronco doesn't shut off the instant you coe to a complete stop it gives itself a little time. And that's I think where alot of the problem comes in Ateast for me. The jeep is just to quick to shut off and to slow to restart.

Sponsored

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read entire thread - to me it just sounds low rent, like your vehicle is stalling all the time. I always turn it off.

BikerDoc

Outer Banks
First Name
HOWARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have read that disconnecting the module on the battery neg terminal will permanently disable A.S.S. on F150/Rangers. Does anyone know if this holds for Bronco?

E0537672-E74A-41E3-9CCE-F39E164EDBBC.jpeg

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UPDATE:
just wanted to let you guys know… I have had my auto stop eliminator for about a week and a half now and I love it, because I don’t have to think about it anymore. In fact, I forgot about it !!
the best 89 bucks I ever spent!!!
And then, just for some weird odd-ball reason if I “Ever”
I wanted to turn it back on????
Ha! Yeah Right!!! Lol!

I just push the button once and it’s on until you turn it off again. no matter how many times you play with the freaking ignition button!

There’s my two cents! LOL! have fun with …
“carpal-tunnel- stiff Finger syndrome!”

Lol!🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ford Bronco Why does the auto start stop feature bother so many people? 5D4CB751-F363-489B-A11E-C79F57DCD991
Sponsored

Last edited: