Sponsored

Why does the mid package cost $8710 more with a manual?

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can get a two door Big Bend for $36,375 with the mid package and an automatic transmission. The cheapest option for the mid package and a manual transmission is a two door Badlands at $45,085. It's almost $ 9,000 to get the mid package and a manual. Ford made a big deal about adding the Sasquatch package with a manual which is great. Why are they holding the manual mid package hostage? Does anyone think it will have late availability?
Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there is a B&P bug due to the mid package including remote start, and that not being compatible with a M/T.

Also I believe BB is the only trim that allows for heated seats without getting the mid package... So there is that if I'm wrong about the glitch.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I missing something? You’re comparing a Big Bend and Badlands? There’s huge differences between the two trims. If your post isn’t a typo, $9000 isn’t for the mid package. It’s for the vinyl interior, sway bar disco, front rear lockers, and a bunch of other stuff.

But yes, there’s a bug in the B&P. You should be able to get mid and manual on lower trims which would equate to no difference in price.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I missing something? You’re comparing a Big Bend and Badlands? There’s huge differences between the two trims. If your post isn’t a typo, $9000 isn’t for the mid package. It’s for the vinyl interior, sway bar disco, front rear lockers, and a bunch of other stuff.

But yes, there’s a bug in the B&P. You should be able to get mid and manual on lower trims which would equate to no difference in price.
I think OP is just pointing out that a person would have to make a $9,000 jump to get the M/T, mid package combo, ignoring all other value added with the BL.

OP wants a M/T & mid package, but doesn't want to have to jump up to a BL to get it.

OP
OP
blue182

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only trim to offer the mid package and a manual transmission is the Badlands according to the order guide posted by Bronco Nation. Mid and Manual is not an option at this time on Big Bend or Black Diamond. You have to jump to the Badlands to get a manual and the mid package. Obviously they can work around the remote start issue and offer it on the Badlands. They could offer it on the Big Bend and the Black Diamond. They're choosing not to so you have to spend at least $45,085 to get mid and manual. I'm hoping they'll realize this is stupid and free the mid manual combo for the Big Bend and Black Diamond people.

Sponsored
OP
OP
blue182

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think there is a B&P bug due to the mid package including remote start, and that not being compatible with a M/T.

Also I believe BB is the only trim that allows for heated seats without getting the mid package... So there is that if I'm wrong about the glitch.
According to the build & price order guide you can only get the mid package and a manual on the Badlands trim. I'm hoping they'll realize Big Bend and Black Diamond drivers want to shift and have safety options.

OP
OP
blue182

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think OP is just pointing out that a person would have to make a $9,000 jump to get the M/T, mid package combo, ignoring all other value added with the BL.

OP wants a M/T & mid package, but doesn't want to have to jump up to a BL to get it.
This is what I was getting at. I was all set to skip the Sasquatch package if I could get a manual. Now I can get the Sasquatch but I can't get blindspot monitoring. Getting the mid package on the Black Diamond or Big Bend seems like a way easier fix then it was to get the Sasquatch package.

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm hoping they'll realize Big Bend and Black Diamond drivers want to shift and have safety options.
Exactly this.

I hope it’s a B&P error.

The descriptive footnote about the Badlands makes me think it isn’t.

But the use of the term “Granny Gear” in the footnote (vice “Crawler,” which seems more publication-ready) makes me hope maybe it could be.

So who knows what to think.

Rick Astley’s signature was so on target.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s not an error. Ford did it intentionally, likely because they underestimated take rate on 7mt and want to push you to the auto, which is now included in the mid package for $1495 vs by itself for $1595. The auto had been in prod for years and is multi platform vs the 7mt being new and bronco specific.
Ford Bronco Why does the mid package cost $8710 more with a manual? BA598AC4-0526-479C-BB93-2EEF0E4FC132

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d honestly settle for 7mt and a cold weather group. I’m completely ok bypassing the nav and everything else.

OP
OP
blue182

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s not an error. Ford did it intentionally, likely because they underestimated take rate on 7mt and want to push you to the auto, which is now included in the mid package for $1495 vs by itself for $1595. The auto had been in prod for years and is multi platform vs the 7mt being new and bronco specific.
Ford Bronco Why does the mid package cost $8710 more with a manual? BA598AC4-0526-479C-BB93-2EEF0E4FC132
I'm hoping it's one of those late available options like the manual Sasquatch. I'd wait for the manual-mid-sasquatch-black diamond if I had to.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please correct where wrong, but I thought Ford had publicly stated that there will be additions, changes, and/or modifications to the Build & Price as we get closer to the order date and parts coming online.

With that being true (to the best of my current knowledge), the B&P is not final, nor will it's current format be what you bring into the dealership to order with.

Soooooooooooo, chill pill. CHILL PILLS ALL AROUND!

Everybody can get re-butt-hurt in a few months. Butt for now, apply the salve and enjoy the process.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please correct where wrong, but I thought Ford had publicly stated that there will be additions, changes, and/or modifications to the Build & Price as we get closer to the order date and parts coming online.

With that being true (to the best of my current knowledge), the B&P is not final, nor will it's current format be what you bring into the dealership to order with.

Everybody can get re-butt-hurt in a few months. Butt for now, apply the salve and enjoy the process.
Too late.... chapping has already commenced. I need a heated seat to soothe my pain.

OP
OP
blue182

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm perfectly calm and chill.

I don't see where you stated I was wrong. Ford said they decided to offer the manual Squatch after getting feedback.

If no one points out that it cost almost $9,000 to get the mid package and a manual maybe they won't change it or acknowledge that it's absurd.
I know no one is ordering until December and there's time to fix things.

So I'm pointing out things that should get fixed. Especially because we already know they can offer the mid package manual option.
Sponsored

Last edited: