Sponsored

Why does the mid package cost $8710 more with a manual?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm perfectly calm and chill.

I don't see where you stated I was wrong. Ford said they decided to offer the manual Squatch after getting feed back.

If no one points out that it cost almost $9,000 to get the mid package and a manual maybe they won't change it our acknowledge that it's absurd.
I know no one is order until December and there's time to fix things. Thus pointing out things that should get fixed. Especially because we already know they can offer the mid package manual option.
You're comparing across trim and package levels trying to make a direct link for a specific options pricing strategy. Let me guess, the V8 option on Mustang not being available for Transit is also worthy of debate?

I don't know how much less relevant the original "argument" could get, it seemed abundantly obvious the premise for your argument was so flawed as to not be worthwhile to point out how wrong you were*.

If you want mid package and a manual, then you step up to badlands. That's how it will be at this moment in time. Maybe, just maybe when order banks open up there will be a different combination. But there is nothing inherently wrong with Ford's decision at present time.

* Note that I have directly pointed out that you're wrong here, so there can be no confusion going forward.
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also I believe BB is the only trim that allows for heated seats without getting the mid package... So there is that if I'm wrong about the glitch.
I don't see an individual option for heated seats on BB w/out Mid.

So I'm pointing out things that should get fixed. Especially because we already know they can offer the mid package manual option.
I don't know that they'll see it as something to be fixed. I hope they do, but suspect it's been in their cards (but never communicated) all this time.

OP
OP
blue182

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're comparing across trim and package levels trying to make a direct link for a specific options pricing strategy. Let me guess, the V8 option on Mustang not being available for Transit is also worthy of debate?

I don't know how much less relevant the original "argument" could get, it seemed abundantly obvious the premise for your argument was so flawed as to not be worthwhile to point out how wrong you were*.

If you want mid package and a manual, then you step up to badlands. That's how it will be at this moment in time. Maybe, just maybe when order banks open up there will be a different combination. But there is nothing inherently wrong with Ford's decision at present time.

* Note that I have directly pointed out that you're wrong here, so there can be no confusion going forward.
I'm comparing the lowest price of the mid package with an automatic transmission to the lowest price of the mid package with a manual transmission. It's the same vehicle and the same package. I'm not comparing a Badlands to a Big Bend. If they offered the mid package with a manual on lower trims the price would be the same. Currently the price to get a mid package and a manual transmission is much more expensive.

I did not compare a Bronco to a Transit. Same vehicle same package. I never said there was anything wrong with their decision. I'm just pointing out how much it costs.

Last edited:

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. I'm in the same boat. I'm comparing a Badlands, Black Diamond, and base. Should I just go all in and get the badlands LUX and move some money around or a black diamond and be happy with the 32s? Or I could just go base and option it up aftermarket sasquatch. With all the "late availability" talk I am leaning hard on accepting my fate of a MY22. This frustration has pushed me to look at Jeep again, but they have similar tricks.

OP
OP
blue182

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another way to look at the mid manual package issue. If you want the mid package on the Badlands you have to pay for the automatic transmission which is $1,595. The Big Bend and Black Diamond include the automatic transmission when you add the mid package. So if you want an automatic Badlands get the 2.7 it's only $300 more then the 2.3 with an automatic at that point. The automatic costs $1,595-$1,895 more on the Badlands then it does on other trims.
Sponsored