Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 2-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have lots of cars because we live in a sprawling city on a large lot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 2-door. I’d be 4-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more stable on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a camping trip with my girl and my dog. We can go wherever we want and take gear for any outdoor activity.”

Then I’d crank up some classic metal and tear ass out of there at 80 mph, with tube doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a wife and 2 kids.

Getting a 2dr.

When I was a kid everything it seems was a 2dr and families made it work.

Everything having to have 4drs seems like a transition that happened set in the 90s and stuck and no one can figure out how to do anything without everything being super easy for them.

Nope my kids are going to cram into the back and like it. We'll throw our stuff on the roof and bikes/skis/whatever on the hitch carrier and we'll go have fun.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
getting a 4 door and calling it a 'Bronco' is as nonsensical as buying a 4 door sedan and calling it a 'Charger'. Everyone knows it isn't real unless two doors, just a badge job, but people buy them and pretend. Pretend real hard.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

getting a 4 door and calling it a 'Bronco' is as nonsensical as buying a 4 door sedan and calling it a 'Charger'. Everyone knows it isn't real unless two doors, just a badge job, but people buy them and pretend. Pretend real hard.
Those 4-dr buyers can try and justify what they are buying is a Bronco, but everyone knows a Bronco has 2-drs. Those of us driving our 2-dr will look at 4-dr buyers with a smirk. We all know the imposter. But we won't shun those who opt for the lifted Flex. They are all part of the family. Every family has that crazy Uncle whom is still loved and welcomed, it is just that no one wants to be seen with him.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are all part of the family. Every family has that crazy Uncle whom is still loved and welcomed, it is just that no one wants to be seen with him.
<clearing throat> errr....some of us are that crazy uncle...

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco has always been a two door SUV since 1966. Nuff said. ;)

I am kind of a curmudgeon. I have owned three Full Size Broncos ('78; two different times and '93) and own a 1970 currently. None of them ever had more than two doors. Just keeping the tradition alive. My choice and I force it on not one. :cool:

Last edited:

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Doors on / roof on —— 2 door looks better

Doors off / roof off —— 4 door looks better

im probably going with the 2 door (we have a van and a sedan as well), But the 4 door is a badass and just as much of a Bronco as the 2 door.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without sounding like a troll...if it helps you sleep at night. There is no dispute that a 2 Door Sasquatch is the more rugged, aggressive looking vehicle. America has simply changed it's car-buying culture over the decades. When I was 5 years old before car seat laws, I would crawl into the back area of my "new dad's" Stingray after my mom remarried. I thought it was the coolest thing. Now that may be extreme and yeah, looking back, inappropriate, but this notion that a 2 door cannot be a family vehicle is another nickel in the bucket of things that are making us soft. Open the door, flip the seat, and climb in. I did it for years as a kid and look I still graduated college. The 4 door is a lot more expensive when you factor in both the doors and the hardtop. Will I miss being able to just open the rear doors of my Sportrac to stow groceries or other items when I am doing stuff? Probably, but I will have the back gate now and I'll make it work.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the looks of a two door and it's less expensive but if my kids were still young, I would get a four door. No metal music for me but I'm a Texas girl and prefer more happy tunes. ?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco Why go 2-door unless you have to? what-if-i-told-you-there-is-no-door
Sponsored